04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

24 minutes ago, systronic said:

I caught the tour down in New Orleans as a teenager and it ranks right in my top 5 shows of all time. 

I would love to have been there. New Orleans is my favourite city in the world!

9 hours ago, systronic said:

The 94 Division Bell Tour was quite a show and well worth every penny to go. I caught the tour down in New Orleans as a teenager and it ranks right in my top 5 shows of all time. 

Even though it was a great show, it will still never top my number 1 all time favorite show. The first time I saw GNR in 1987 opening for motley crue in Jackson, MS!

Even though I was on the floor for both 94 shows, I still bought a chair from the Silverdome when it closed because of those Floyd shows. Both shows were amazing, but the second one where they debuted the whole Dark Side of the Moon was incredible, just for the history alone.

9 hours ago, downliner said:

Anyone else want to join us? :lol:

And it's funny that someone ordered 100 inflatable dolphins. Quick question though...... how on earth will you blow them all up? And how do you even sneak 100 inflatable dolphins into the venue? :rofl-lol:

It worked a few years ago! That video was classic - Bumble and Axl kicking them around on stage. This time could top that with so many forum members there.

I'm really starting to think this is all part of the planned marketing/promotion.

I'm sure you've heard how it's always better to 'under promise' and to over deliver than it is to 'over promise' and then under deliver.

G N' R is much better off not promising anything... then surprising fans at the event.  

If they come out with a great show, some special surprise guest appearances, etc...the fans will go nuts and it would easily go viral through the media.....they could then release the tour schedule and the buzz alone from the Vegas shows would be enough to sell out the tour....with them having to do little promotion themselves....maybe a few short interviews after Vegas, with the buzz from the shows, is all they would need.

If this is how they planned it...it's starting to make sense now.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I'm really starting to think this is all part of the planned marketing/promotion.

I'm sure you've heard how it's always better to 'under promise' and to over deliver than it is to 'over promise' and then under deliver.

G N' R is much better off not promising anything... then surprising fans at the event.  

If they come out with a great show, some special surprise guest appearances, etc...the fans will go nuts and it would easily go viral through the media.....they could then release the tour schedule and the buzz alone from the Vegas shows would be enough to sell out the tour....with them having to do little promotion themselves....maybe a few short interviews after Vegas, with the buzz from the shows, is all they would need.

We'll see. I think for the general public, that approach will work. All of us die hards are gonna be harder to impress. The silence makes total sense with respect to the casual fans though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Agreed. That's part of the reason I think they're staying so silent. Just a theory but, MAYBE Vegas threw some of the guys extra cash under the table to stay silent.

I mean think about it, a new arena is Vegas trying to establish itself with a serious reputation. And imagine being a fan at that show. Let's say Adler and Izzy come out. Not only did you see axl and slash back on stage together for the first time in over 20 years, but you got the whole appetite lineup on stage together for the first time in over 30 years as a SURPRISE/BONUS. AT the t-mobile arena first. Plus depending on the set list, it'll be an incredibly historic show. So that sets the tone to market all future events for the T-Mobile arena.. For example "hey lets go see so and so. What arena are they playing on? Oh the t mobile arena. Oh my friend was telling me they saw the reunited GNR there and they had all these incredible surprises!! And it's Vegas, ya never know what'll happen next!"

Something along those lines I could believe.. Idk it's just a theory but it could explain the silence

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Will the forum crash during the first night?

How many people can you handle on here? Was the forum update a while ago to also increase the capacity?

I also wonder this!

Edited by youngswedishvinyl

1 hour ago, Spirit said:

Will the forum crash during the first night?

How many people can you handle on here? Was the forum update a while ago to also increase the capacity?

I was wondering about that myself. I'll be at another concert on 04/08, so I won't be around anyway but the thought did cross my mind. I think either @Estranged Reality or @downzy said recently that there is a plan in place for the increased traffic though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I was wondering about that myself. I'll be at another concert on 04/08, so I won't be around anyway but the thought did cross my mind. I think either @Estranged Reality or @downzy said recently that there is a plan in place for the increased traffic though.

HV said in the support section they were planning on moving the site to 'temporary hardware' or something along those lines and that the site could be down for sometime in the days/week before the show.

Edited by Kasanova King

31 minutes ago, grogmug said:

Odd question I know, but what time does it officially get dark in Las Vegas in April? I'm trying to plan some stuff out at night before the concert that requires it to be dark, so I just wanted to be sure. I'll see you guys at NY NY!

This should help- http://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/las-vegas

3 minutes ago, grogmug said:

I appreciate the link, but I can't get it to work on my phone. I'm guessing it is COMPLETELY dark at 7pm for sure? 

Civil twilight ends at 7:30 pm so expect it to be quite dark by then (not completely).

Edited by Spirit

1 minute ago, challenger70rt said:

7:10 I believe is expected sunset. Me and the ole lady are getting hitched the next day, pictures are at sunset, sunset is 7:10. If that helps

Incidentally, what are you doing that requires complete dark? Sounds mysterious and fun... Base jumping?

Getting hitched- nice/congrats.  And yeah- accd to that link sunset is 7:10 basically.  So take that for what it's worth. 

53 minutes ago, challenger70rt said:

7:10 I believe is expected sunset. Me and the ole lady are getting hitched the next day, pictures are at sunset, sunset is 7:10. If that helps

Incidentally, what are you doing that requires complete dark? Sounds mysterious and fun... Base jumping?

Congrats on getting hitched! I bought my wife her engagement ring in Vegas just before the GN'R show in 2012.  I'm just trying to book the high roller at night so we can see all of Vegas lit up!