04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

Just now, DrayneVH said:

what's up everyone? was in an Accept show, just got home by now, what's the news? did i miss something apart from axl breaking his feet? 

Nothing really. Looks like Slash has a fever but is good to go. Other than that we're just waiting around for the show to start

• Like 1

Just now, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Nothing really. Looks like Slash has a fever but is good to go. Other than that we're just waiting around for the show to start

thanks mate! nothing new about setlist or something? will there be an official youtube stream or something?

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah, they got back together. I thought 2015 was the first time though that he actually tagged axl on Twitter. Then they worked it ou. Well he did tag Izzy today. 

I think in 2012 (it could have been 2013 or 2014) he sent a tweet that said something like "Today is Duff's b-day, yesterday was the red head's".  He didn't specifically say Axl, but he referred to him.  I think you're right that 2015 was the first time he actually said Axl's name though and directly wished him a happy birthday

Edited by Caught_in_a_Coma

Axl sounds good from the soundcheck, that rasp was firece for the end of November Rain its gotta be said. The first part of the song reminded me of the last Vegas gig, good but Axl isn't sure whether to go for the lower chest voice or go higher with it. I suspect if his voice evolves like it did in 10 he'll go more raspy as time goes by with it.

Just now, DrayneVH said:

thanks mate! nothing new about setlist or something? will there be an official youtube stream or something?

Heard nothing about the setlist. They did There Was A Time at the soundcheck. There's this link for the streaming.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rickdunsford?utm_campaign=ustre.am&utm_source=ustre.am%2FeGg8&utm_medium=social&utm_content=20160408162828

1 minute ago, DrayneVH said:

The soundcheck was streamed, they did November Rain, KOHD, Jungle, TWAT. And Axl was actually there singing.

I still can't understand. It doesn't make any sense. Izzy has been involved with Duff for many years. He also has worked with Slash on his first solo record. These guys are friends, undoubtedly. And, since 2006, Izzy is a constant figure in NuGnr gigs, including VIP treatment from Axl. 

So, if Izzy doesn't show up tonight or in the next concerts, it will be very very uncanny!

2 minutes ago, jpduff said:

I still can't understand. It doesn't make any sense. Izzy has been involved with Duff for many years. He also has worked with Slash on his first solo record. These guys are friends, undoubtedly. And, since 2006, Izzy is a constant figure in NuGnr gigs, including VIP treatment from Axl. 

So, if Izzy doesn't show up tonight or in the next concerts, it will be very very uncanny!

The problem is Izzy Himself.... I doubt Axl didn't want Him to be a part of this reunion...

5 minutes ago, jpduff said:

I don't think that's the correct use of uncanny.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

The problem is Izzy Himself.... I doubt Axl didn't want Him to be a part of this reunion...

I thought Izzy doesnt like the whole tour thing ? Pretty sure hes said it a few times.. He will show up at some point during the tour

1 hour ago, madison said:

I don't blame him for feeling that way. 

I don't think people should be seeing the soundcheck. Part of the fun for the band has to be unleashing their music for the first time before a thundering sold-out crowd.  Having fans sitting around drinking and chatting while they play songs in the soundcheck just doesn't seem right and takes some of the surprise and excitement away.  

Pretty sure those people shelled out big bucks on VIP tickets for that privilege at the band's invitation.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jpduff said:

The situation doesn't make any sense and that makes it frustrating.  I'm trying to just focus on how cool it is for the trio that stuck it through the longest (when it comes to the members people consider "real" members) to be back together and sounding amazing together

If Izzy pops up here and there in the future (and helps with new material), I can live with that.  If Izzy never pops up at all, this whole thing will be very bittersweet

• Like 1