04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

Like, in my dreams the intro before Sweet Child is back, the piano song before November Rain is back, the rants before Double Talking Jive and Live And Let Die are back. I guess I want it to be the Illusion tour again and I'm setting myself up for massive disappointment.

But for like some reason I picture Axl being onstage with Slash will make him old Axl again. He'll walk out and be like "I'm not much of a public speaker...", smirk at the crowd, then launch into a rant. I just feel, unrealistically, Slash will bring that fire back to Axl that will make him run around like a madman again and act like the frontman we all used to love.

Like, in my dreams the intro before Sweet Child is back, the piano song before November Rain is back, the rants before Double Talking Jive and Live And Let Die are back. I guess I want it to be the Illusion tour again and I'm setting myself up for massive disappointment.

But for like some reason I picture Axl being onstage with Slash will make him old Axl again. He'll walk out and be like "I'm not much of a public speaker...", smirk at the crowd, then launch into a rant. I just feel, unrealistically, Slash will bring that fire back to Axl that will make him run around like a madman again and act like the frontman we all used to love.

I think you're not that far off and what you picture makes sense. Except for that running around like madman part since the time machine wasn't invented yet. But other than that I believe there is a big chance.

• Like 1

What's included in those VIP packages? I haven't been looking since I'm not going lol

Pretty much everything you could dream of or want minus actually meeting the band..
Food, drink, signed this n that, early entry, good seats or GA, lanyard.....
Imagine if the food and drink was catering from Taco Bell with cheap liquor :P

As much as we all love the UYI tour, wouldn't that be kind of phony and ridiculous, if they just pretend and act like during the UYI tour?

• Like 1

As much as we all love the UYI tour, wouldn't that be kind of phony and ridiculous, if they just pretend and act like during the UYI tour?

Yeah, the illusions tour was awesome but I don't think just Axl, Slash and Duff can carry the band like they did back then. Especially considering what the rest of the line up looks like.. It should still be good but nothing like that..

• Like 2

No curfew in Vegas...Axl can play til 3 AM if he wants....

3am is probably when Axl will show up.

always see these old ass jokes from fuckers who think they're hardcore fans just by bashing axl

I AM an Old Ass mother fucker who has been a fan of GNR since 1987. GnFnR! LOL!

if you're that old and still feel the need to pull that joke then i feel sorry for you dude

Get the fuck over yourself

lol still butthurt from 5 months ago homie?

I keep seeing people talk about Slash's side of the stage. I saw VR 9 times and I don't recall him occupying one side of the stage. Is this true and if so, what's his side?

Because that was Slash "solo"....Guns is a band and like all bands the frontman takes center stage. Slash and Duff will have "their" side but likely move all over (hopefully).

I keep seeing people talk about Slash's side of the stage. I saw VR 9 times and I don't recall him occupying one side of the stage. Is this true and if so, what's his side?

Traditionally Slash has always played on the right side of the stage (as you are looking at it) in GnR. Google any GnR live stuff on YouTube (Pre 1993) and he spends almost the entire time somewhere on the right side of the stage. Duff and second guitarist are almost always on the left side of the stage. This is similar to KISS in that Ace was always on the right and Gene on the left, most bands have a preference in this way actually.

Traditionally Slash has always played on the right side of the stage (as you are looking at it) in GnR. Google any GnR live stuff on YouTube (Pre 1993) and he spends almost the entire time somewhere on the right side of the stage. Duff and second guitarist are almost always on the left side of the stage. This is similar to KISS in that Ace was always on the right and Gene on the left, most bands have a preference in this way actually.

Yup, and Slash maintained this set up for Snakepit, VR, and his current solo touring. It should be a given that Slash will be stage left any time he's playing with a band (as opposed to guest appearances). He does traverse the stage quite a bit though during performances.

Edited by OmarBradley

Yup, and Slash maintained this set up for Snakepit, VR, and his current solo touring. It should be a given that Slash will be stage left any time he's playing with a band (as opposed to guest appearances). He does traverse the stage quite a bit though during performances.

But has Slash traversed a treacherous sea of horrors to be here with us tonight?

• Like 1

But has Slash traversed a treacherous sea of horrors to be here with us tonight?

Lol.

Lol.

Has Axl? I mean is this some quote?