04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

I keep seeing people talk about Slash's side of the stage. I saw VR 9 times and I don't recall him occupying one side of the stage. Is this true and if so, what's his side?

Traditionally Slash has always played on the right side of the stage (as you are looking at it) in GnR. Google any GnR live stuff on YouTube (Pre 1993) and he spends almost the entire time somewhere on the right side of the stage. Duff and second guitarist are almost always on the left side of the stage. This is similar to KISS in that Ace was always on the right and Gene on the left, most bands have a preference in this way actually.

Yup, and Slash maintained this set up for Snakepit, VR, and his current solo touring. It should be a given that Slash will be stage left any time he's playing with a band (as opposed to guest appearances). He does traverse the stage quite a bit though during performances.

But has Slash traversed a treacherous sea of horrors to be here with us tonight?
Lol.

Has Axl? I mean is this some quote?
Axl. House of Blues.

I keep seeing people talk about Slash's side of the stage. I saw VR 9 times and I don't recall him occupying one side of the stage. Is this true and if so, what's his side?

He was actually asked about this in an interview. His reaction to the question is funny. @ 1:30

Edited by Babooshka

He was actually asked about this in an interview. His reaction to the question is funny. @ 1:30

Great interview. The reunion was already in motion by this point.

Yeah exactly. Maybe some Europeans just don't like it because once again America got it right..?

On a side note, the vip packages look appealing.

No. You don't. At least in Europe everyone gets a shot at front row and doesn't have to pay hundreds of dollars to scalpers because you couldn't get the front row ticket. You stand in line for an hour or two, run a bit and are in front. Also you can move to the left or right to see something and don't risk having to stand behind a 6 ft 5 guy blocking your view. There is nothing good about seated floor unless you're lucky enough to get that front row ticket, which still costs you several times as much as the usual standing, unless it's in Vegas, of course. Looking forward to Europe. Front row for 90 $.

• Like 1

Not trying to sound gay or anything... but as I was watching some old gnr concerts on youtube today, it dawned on me that Axl used to go shirtless onstage often during the original band days, however I don't recall if I've ever seen him go shirtless with nu-gnr? Do you all think he will go shirtless for the reunion? I really just noticed because I always thought he had the best tattoos of all rock stars.

Not trying to sound gay or anything... but as I was watching some old gnr concerts on youtube today, it dawned on me that Axl used to go shirtless onstage often during the original band days, however I don't recall if I've ever seen him go shirtless with nu-gnr? Do you all think he will go shirtless for the reunion? I really just noticed because I always thought he had the best tattoos of all rock stars.

If he shows up looking like that pic we saw last month, you probably wouldnt want to see him shirtless :lol:

Edited by slash23579
  • Like 1

Rock In Rio 3 in 2001

Has anyone actually tried sending Steve a email, facebook or twitter message lately? I bet he's dying to say something. I hope he gets this, then his life will have came full circle, he deserves it the most out of all the members. Everyone makes mistakes in life, they shouldn't be punished for them for so many years... when addicts are addicted like that they have very little control and the disease of addiction and clouded reality etc is most responsible for all their bad behaviours and bad choices. I wish they'd have a new 976 femail horn section, I always thought they were so bad ass in the uyi days

what's the most recent picture of Axl?

Anyone has it? Just curious lol

I'm not sure, but I like how well he blended in in this one from the yard sale

http://www.ajc.com/videos/entertainment/axl-rose-is-unrecognizable-at-yard-sale-in-nyc/v4hXc/

Yeah exactly. Maybe some Europeans just don't like it because once again America got it right..?

No. You don't. At least in Europe everyone gets a shot at front row and doesn't have to pay hundreds of dollars to scalpers because you couldn't get the front row ticket. You stand in line for an hour or two, run a bit and are in front. Also you can move to the left or right to see something and don't risk having to stand behind a 6 ft 5 guy blocking your view. There is nothing good about seated floor unless you're lucky enough to get that front row ticket, which still costs you several times as much as the usual standing, unless it's in Vegas, of course. Looking forward to Europe. Front row for 90 $.

Even cheaper. In 2006 I paid 50 euro fan pit ticket, in 2010 around 40 (I could touch the fence) and in 2012, 30 euro festival ticket.

Even cheaper. In 2006 I paid 50 euro fan pit ticket, in 2010 around 40 (I could touch the fence) and in 2012, 30 euro festival ticket.

Well, you are from Serbia (?) and we have cheaper tickets here than anywhere else :lol:

• Like 1

Actually, yes, we do. Seating flooring actually doesn't have any sitting involved, as pointed out a thousand times by people in this thread. It just gives you separation from getting molested. Sorry I'm not into that maybe others are but yeah.. It's actually better. USA!

Trying or not, you succeeded fabulously.

Edited by niceguy
  • Like 2

Trying or not, you succeeded fabulously.

Not that there's anything wrong about it. :lol:

Actually, yes, we do. Seating flooring actually doesn't have any sitting involved, as pointed out a thousand times by people in this thread. It just gives you separation from getting molested. Sorry I'm not into that maybe others are but yeah.. It's actually better. USA!

Correct- Seating is 1000X'sbetter than GA in my opinion. You don't have some jackass trying to bulrush past everyone, you can actually go grab a beer or hit the bathroom without losing your spot. No one sits either, other than before the show starts.

• Like 1