Tour over priced for the demand?

All VIPs still available, does that warrant this comeback a commercial failure already? ;-D

I found some VIP tickets available, the price is through the roof though. Obviously no meet and greet this time, did they have all this back in the early 1990s or is this a more recent thing?

the VIP culture is only recent in the last couple of years, basically it is the artists way of preventing scalpers from making alot of money on the good seats by selling them at a high price themselves, and throwing in some cheap crap to make it seem worthwhile(meet and greet, posters, pre-show party)

That's what I thought, went to heaps of concerts in the 80s & early 90s & don't remember hearing of VIP tickets or meet & greet the artist.

This whole thing already seems like a disorganized mess. It's time Axl and his management team get off their ass. Show up on the late show, stern, rollingstone etc. Let people know what's going on and then properly announce the tour with dates and venues. This is what every other act does.

It's not axl's management team. There is a governing body or team so to speak and each band member has it's own representative. For $3 million per show, they have to do things like VIP pacages etc. Las Vegas is a test venue to make sure the demand is there before they launch more dates in the US. They know what they'll do in Mexico City and the European tour dates are a built-in audience. It's the ambitous stadium goal in the states that is untested. Once they gauge this thing and figure out exactly what the definite plan is, we'll see all the things you are requesting. There will be an agressive press roll-out.

• Like 2

This whole thing already seems like a disorganized mess. It's time Axl and his management team get off their ass. Show up on the late show, stern, rollingstone etc. Let people know what's going on and then properly announce the tour with dates and venues. This is what every other act does.

It's not axl's management team. There is a governing body or team so to speak and each band member has it's own representative. For $3 million per show, they have to do things like VIP pacages etc. Las Vegas is a test venue to make sure the demand is there before they launch more dates in the US. They know what they'll do in Mexico City and the European tour dates are a built-in audience. It's the ambitous stadium goal in the states that is untested. Once they gauge this thing and figure out exactly what the definite plan is, we'll see all the things you are requesting. There will be an agressive press roll-out.

Any idea when a tour would be announced or done in the usa?

If what you're saying is true then I hope after testing the US waters that they opt to do arenas instead of stadiums. I would much rather see an arena show.

• Like 1

The scalpers finished buying them up. They are all up on stub hub. Seriously, go check stub hub. The amount of tickets up there already is insane. There are literally thousands for each show. And that is just from the presale...

http://www.stubhub.com/guns-n-roses-tickets-guns-n-roses-las-vegas-t-mobile-arena-4-8-2016/event/9506409/

http://www.stubhub.com/guns-n-roses-tickets-guns-n--roses-las-vegas-t-mobile-arena-4-9-2016/event/9506411/

That is surprising. There are lots of tickets available and they are not that pricey.

I feel like there's not a lot of buzz, but maybe it's because I don't watch TV.

There really isn't. The entire roll-out has been poorly managed, and it only being a partial reunion is not helping matters.

The age group with the money to pay exorbitant prices they are going to charge wants to see a reunion, not Axl/Slash/Duff playing with a bunch of guys they have never heard of and don't care about.

If Izzy/Steven didn't/couldn't do it then it should have been Matt/Gilby because at least that is a line-up people remember and associate with that Illusions period where they were the biggest band in the world.

The whole process so far has just felt half assed, and there is just no reason to have gotten the ball rolling if they weren't ready to actually have the ball rolling the way it should be done.

How could Stadiums not already be booked for the Summer? You can't just throw together a 25 date Stadium tour as if it were House of Blues sized venues. Billboard mentioned it a month or so ago so it must have been a done deal before that.

Izzy will be there. Final call on Adler appearance next week.

Quoting this because Eddie here was dead on about the Vegas shows and says Mexico shows are next. I'm willing to slide some chips over to his number as far as him knowing what's coming.

I also remember Eddie calling the 2nd Vegas residency. Perhaps Eddie really is a legit insider :o

The question remains. Are they gonna be just guests or band members? Btw April 8th is Izzy´s birthday ;)

Izzy will be there. Final call on Adler appearance next week.

Quoting this because Eddie here was dead on about the Vegas shows and says Mexico shows are next. I'm willing to slide some chips over to his number as far as him knowing what's coming.

I also remember Eddie calling the 2nd Vegas residency. Perhaps Eddie really is a legit insider :o

The question remains. Are they gonna be just guests or band members? Btw April 8th is Izzy´s birthday ;)

I would have expected that to be decided by this point. If it was a full reunion I don't see that all the focus would be just on the other 3. I might wrong though, you never really know with this band. :lol:

I've heard alot of people complaining about the prices too outside of this board. Look, I won't defend them it's alot. But at least they haven't been around in this form in 20 years. Sure original lineup would be preferred, but Slash and Axl is it for most.

And those complaining, still happily fork over $500 for the Stones, $200 for Bruce on his current tour, $150 for Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles, and any other major touring band out there. As ZoSo said, this is simply just the norm, and I'd rather pay the premium to see Guns at this price than see Bruce for an 11th time at $200. So really it's about priorities. People complain about these prices, then hypocritically spend hundreds on other shows of the same calibre.

These are exactly the same prices, if not cheaper, than it would be to see the Stones in an arena.

I've heard alot of people complaining about the prices too outside of this board. Look, I won't defend them it's alot. But at least they haven't been around in this form in 20 years. Sure original lineup would be preferred, but Slash and Axl is it for most.

And those complaining, still happily fork over $500 for the Stones, $200 for Bruce on his current tour, $150 for Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles, and any other major touring band out there. As ZoSo said, this is simply just the norm, and I'd rather pay the premium to see Guns at this price than see Bruce for an 11th time at $200. So really it's about priorities. People complain about these prices, then hypocritically spend hundreds on other shows of the same calibre.

These are exactly the same prices, if not cheaper, than it would be to see the Stones in an arena.

I don't know if it's hypocritical as much as not agreeing with you that this concert is of the same caliber. I mean the caliber of the event is really determined by the market, i.e. the demand, i.e. the complaining bunch who happily pay to see Bruce or whoever

I would not pay any of those prices personally and I am a big Stones fan. I recently paid £70 ($100) for a Neil Young ticket which is somewhere close to my limit.

Neil is another one I'd always love to see and charges through the nose. His show at Carnegie Hall solo acoustic a few years ago was $400 for top seats, and it was hard to get in the building for under $200. Again, what's it worth to you, but same prices as everyone else and no one complains. I applaud you for getting in for $100 cause that's a very good deal for Neil.

I would not pay any of those prices personally and I am a big Stones fan. I recently paid £70 ($100) for a Neil Young ticket which is somewhere close to my limit.

Neil is another one I'd always love to see and charges through the nose. His show at Carnegie Hall solo acoustic a few years ago was $400 for top seats, and it was hard to get in the building for under $200. Again, what's it worth to you, but same prices as everyone else and no one complains. I applaud you for getting in for $100 cause that's a very good deal for Neil.

Really? It was the dearer type of seat I bought also - I could have bought a ticket for around £60. I also saw Crazy Horse two years ago and the tickets were only about £55-£65 ($70-85).

I think $250 is too fucking much for any band to charge to see them perform live. That being said, it's become the norm, and I'm not surprised at all that GNR is charging prices right in line with other major rock acts.

Last I recall, only AC/DC was charging reasonable prices.

I think $250 is too fucking much for any band to charge to see them perform live. That being said, it's become the norm, and I'm not surprised at all that GNR is charging prices right in line with other major rock acts.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but AC/DC in arena, at MSG, in April, is $140 top dollar. That's $170 most likely with all the fees. So unfortunately, AC/DC is now just like everyone else.

Yes, without question these Guns prices are too much. By $100 they are the most expensive tickets I will ever have spent on a concert. But it really is on point with most shows these days, and again I just think this one is a little more "worth it" than acts like AC/DC. I have to go with my gut that it'll be a once in a lifetime experience.

Diesel, what can I say? Maybe prices for him are different in Europe. He played an arena with Crazy Horse for the Psychedelic Pill tour and top dollar was $175.

I paid just shy of $140 for AC/DC (after fees) in Ottawa a few months ago. I found that pretty reasonable compared to most acts these days. Even Rush was greatly inflated to $192 before fees for the top tier. Unbelievable because I've paid half that to see them. AC/DC charged a flat $100 for the Black Ice tour so $40 inflation over seven years isn't so bad compared to other top tiered acts. They probably could have charged more.

Of course, the $75 I paid for Downsview Park tickets the day of the show for AC/DC was even better.