What song should open the first show?

What song should open the first show?  

220 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

I hope they don't open with Jungle. Ashba with his hand behind his ear, expecting the crowd to roar...that's all I can think about now when those opening notes are played..it makes me cringe.

Are u going to think in Ashba instead of being excited with Slash playing the opening notes?

Really?

Jungle has to open, even though I adore the thought of Nightrain kicking the night off. I still really do like the idea of Nightrain opening and Jungle to open the encore, kicking off a mini-Appetite set with the original band. Jungle-Out Ta Get Me-Think About You-Paradise City would be an incredible encore.

6 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Jungle has to open, even though I adore the thought of Nightrain kicking the night off. I still really do like the idea of Nightrain opening and Jungle to open the encore, kicking off a mini-Appetite set with the original band. Jungle-Out Ta Get Me-Think About You-Paradise City would be an incredible encore.

I thought Jungle was a perfect opener during the 01-14 era for a variety of reasons, but I'd love it if it went back into rotation with the rest of the set now. 

Honestly, they could open with anything outside of My World and I'll be happy though. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

Honestly, they could open with anything outside of My World and I'll be happy though. 

When I looked at the poll, those were my thoughts EXACTLY. I saw Reckless Life and Pretty Tied Up and You're Crazy as options and I thought "fuck, they could open up with ANYTHING off those first 4 albums and I'd shit my pants." I agree I would enjoy Jungle being unpredictable from now on but obviously it works so well for this occasion. Thats why I really got on board with it opening up the encore, cause its a place I wouldn't expect it and would also work perfectly.

I always found it maddening that the awesome music slash wrote for get in the ring was never played live because of axls lyrics. That'd be funny as hell if they opened with get in the ring lol. Hope they play it live anyways. Also breakdown would be a good closer, it's much like paradise city in a way with the long shredding solos and length

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

I predict the slow opens with Slash and Duff issuing a joint statement offering a formal apology for the various grievances they have inflicted upon Axl for the past few decades before Axl struts on stage and sings the opening lines to Sorry. Either that or an Axl rant against Slash and Duff for afflicting, assaulting, and abandoning the band that made them, before blasting into Double Talkin Jive. Either that or a new cover.

Edited by Mr. Dude

2 hours ago, skid_bach said:

CD with 4tus playing both solos

Damn that would be sweet. Has anyone even considered the possibility that Slash may have been eclipsed by Fortus in training camp and relegated to rhythm guitar duties?

The energy from ISE makes it the perfect opener.

WTTJ should be used later on in the set for an instant energy boost to the fans.

The two times I seen them when they where the opening band they opened with ISE and the whole damn place went nuts!!!

When I seen them in the UYI tour both times it was Nightrain and to me that is a terrible opener but it's a great song just needs to be later in the show.

4 hours ago, Mr. Dude said:

Damn that would be sweet. Has anyone even considered the possibility that Slash may have been eclipsed by Fortus in training camp and relegated to rhythm guitar duties?

From your previous posts, I don't think your even kidding.