Adlers Appetite singer says Adler will play with GNR

Just now, DocArunas said:

Not sure if serious.... GNR playing VR songs... dude are you high?

Screw that. Slash playing CD songs... are YOU high? Its JUST as unrealistic.

To many, playing CD songs is one and the same as playing VR songs. I'm personally shocked Slash and Duff just rolled over and agreed to do that without demanding any of their songs in return. Obviously we don't know all the details yet, but based off that one set I'm not happy that they are gonna further this notion that somehow CD songs are MORE GNR than VR or their solo material simply because it has the GNR name that Axl owns.

• Like 1

CD was a fucking joke and wasn't GnR.. This whole thing is going Axl's way.. Still playing CD songs.... Still have useless fucking 2nd keyboard player.. 7 people on stage.. Only 3 are originals.. fucking joke really.

• Like 1

As far as Steven and Izzy go I'm not upset they aren't there. We don't know all the circumstances but what I do know is Izzy don't like to tour and do shows and he has told everyone he's not involved at this point.

Steven does want to take part but is he sober and can he stay sober probably weighs on their mind and being realistic he sued them before perhaps they think it's best he not be involved. After all if he uses again and can't perform duties it would sucks to fear another lawsuit. It's best they do guest appearances where he is concerned 

This is GnR not Velvet Revolver. Any songs written under the GnR name will be sung. 

11 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Screw that. Slash playing CD songs... are YOU high? Its JUST as unrealistic.

To many, playing CD songs is one and the same as playing VR songs. I'm personally shocked Slash and Duff just rolled over and agreed to do that without demanding any of their songs in return. Obviously we don't know all the details yet, but based off that one set I'm not happy that they are gonna further this notion that somehow CD songs are MORE GNR than VR or their solo material simply because it has the GNR name that Axl owns.

Last I checked CD is a GNR album, Slash is in GNR, so he plays CD.

1 minute ago, DocArunas said:

Last I checked CD is a GNR album, Slash is in GNR, so he plays CD.

Its a fucking Axl Rose album.. That album was nothing but that.. Axl just happened to snake the name from everyone and tarnish their catalog with that piece of shit

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Its a fucking Axl Rose album.. That album was nothing but that.. Axl just happened to snake the name from everyone and tarnish their catalog with that piece of shit

Go listen to Slash & co. stuff, they play the GNR stuff minus the CD shit, but if you don't like Slash's stuff as much as CD, then... I have no place to redirect you to... Maybe go watch the same old gnr shit from way back in the day, best option for you right now.

We're getting caught in a circle here with the CD/VR stuff. Thats not the point. I don't think either of us is going to change the other's mind. I think we should simply let it be that some of us think its silly of Slash to play CD when Axl isn't playing any of their songs, and you feel the opposite. Thats fine. Its no more complicated than that.

Personally, and I think Tom Ass would agree, with the show we had last night, it seemed Axl finally "won the war" so to speak. Not that it comes down to petty arguments, but in the end Axl got Slash on stage playing Chinese Democracy songs. Slash backed down and accepted before Axl did, and I just didn't see it going that way. But again, I don't know whats going on behind the scenes, and hopefully more stuff is in the works. I would absolutely like to see Slash play CD stuff but I'd like to see just as much Axl sing Slash or VR material. They are one and the same to many of us.

3 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I'm not really upset Adler and Izzy aren't there. I really wasn't expecting them. Cause if they played here and DIDN'T play the tour, that would have been a major fuck you to fans. At least be honest and have them not play here and maybe show up later.

What I get more upset about is it really seems Slash is just going along with whatever is happening. Duff too. No Izzy, no Adler, new girl keyboard player, Chinese songs and no other solo or VR songs, rest of the band being made up of NuGuns members. I want these guys to succeed, but it seems there's ALOT Slash and Duff are doing to appease Axl and not much Axl is doing to appease them. But maybe thats just me. I expected at least some compromises, but it just seems like Slash has joined NuGNR which is beneath him frankly.

I don't necessarily think they're giving in to Axl with the decision not to have Izzy or Adler there. It's worth repeating that neither Slash nor Duff has been interested in playing with them over the past 26 years either, with the exception of the guest star spot that Slash threw to Adler after Celebrity Rehab (and even then, he didn't want Adler as his regular drummer). So why would it be only Axl's decision to leave them out?

I don't get the second keyboardist either (and her gender is irrelevant, not sure why there's a second keyboard player at all) but there's no third guitarist, so perhaps that was the compromise?

In terms of the set, IMHO it could diversify as the tour goes on and they do longer shows. The lack of VR could be attributed to a few things, but Scott Weiland died fairly recently. That might be part of the reason there's no VR in the set. I mean, Scott dies, his old bandmates go back to GnR and then they play his music with Axl on vocals? That may have rubbed some people the wrong way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gunsfanoldie said:

We're getting caught in a circle here with the CD/VR stuff. Thats not the point. I don't think either of us is going to change the other's mind. I think we should simply let it be that some of us think its silly of Slash to play CD when Axl isn't playing any of their songs, and you feel the opposite. Thats fine. Its no more complicated than that.

Personally, and I think Tom Ass would agree, with the show we had last night, it seemed Axl finally "won the war" so to speak. Not that it comes down to petty arguments, but in the end Axl got Slash on stage playing Chinese Democracy songs. Slash backed down and accepted before Axl did, and I just didn't see it going that way. But again, I don't know whats going on behind the scenes, and hopefully more stuff is in the works. I would absolutely like to see Slash play CD stuff but I'd like to see just as much Axl sing Slash or VR material. They are one and the same to many of us.

I more excited about Slash playing CD than a lot of GN'R songs. Certainly more excited about that than hearing The Seeker & LALD and the other half doxen covers

The truth is we don't know what went on behind the scenes.  Maybe Izzy was offered but he himself didn't want to do it?  Maybe there is something we don't know about Steven as of late that made the band wary to choose him?

Let's put our pitchforks aside and be grateful we have Axl, Duff, and Slash with the rest of the band being a solid choice for them musically.  The only real question I have is regarding the need for a second keyboardist.  It would have been awesome if it was the original AFD lineup but hey we don't know the full story

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I more excited about Slash playing CD than a lot of GN'R songs. Certainly more excited about that than hearing The Seeker & LALD and the other half doxen covers

Me too. Although granted shit like The Seeker is yet another reason this whole thing is rubbing me the wrong way. That is a very recent Nu band cover, so its just yet another example of how Slash and Duff are just coming into this and apparently fine to do whatever Axl was already doing.

Again, its not meant to sound super negative. Nothing can take away how incredibly thrilling last night was. But those things annoyed me.

However, I will say, I have been a supporter of New Rose for fucking years here as one of the best Duff/Guns songs they ever covered. I nearly cried when I saw they played that. I'm praying that stays for Vegas. I love that so much more than Raw Power.

yup feel the same about New Rose. Big Damned fan here. 

Definitely agree about The Seeker. Either Slash and Duff are happy to do do whatever for the money or Those songs are to appease Richard or Frank. Either way its fuckin stupid when you are already playing 35 covers

9 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

The truth is we don't know what went on behind the scenes.  Maybe Izzy was offered but he himself didn't want to do it?  Maybe there is something we don't know about Steven as of late that made the band wary to choose him?

Let's put our pitchforks aside and be grateful we have Axl, Duff, and Slash with the rest of the band being a solid choice for them musically.  The only real question I have is regarding the need for a second keyboardist.  It would have been awesome if it was the original AFD lineup but hey we don't know the full story

Yep, we do not know the full story. Some folks are making shit up about their non-involvement on this board by turning speculation into fact. Let's wait and see what Izzy and Adler have to say - and I'm sure they will talk soon.

3 hours ago, theconspirator said:

I agree. It seems slash just needs a big paycheck because of his divorce. And I was shocked to see him play Chinese songs. I've said it before and I'll say it again. As a huge Slash fan, he always said in his book and interviews he would only do a reunion with the original 5 guys, and for the right reasons. Well...that didn't happen.

Frank is honestly the worst drummer in GN'R history. He's a great drummer but he plays Brownstone, Easy, Rocket Queen ALL WRONG

He said no such thing, why make that up? In his book he was pretty negative about a possible reunion.

N3v3Kh9.png

Then over time he opened up to the idea, but even then his comments were mostly about playing a few shows with Axl for old times sake. And things had to be "different", but he never explained what that meant.

On 4/1/2016 at 6:48 PM, paranoyd androyd said:

how would only Axl, Slash, and Duff be "historic" in any way? Duff's played with Axl several times in the past, so if it's only these 3 together again, then the only difference would be Slash. and yes, of course the addition of Slash is big on its own, but it's not the band.

Ask yourself this question. Would what happened last night with all the celebs showing up -- and all the attention that led up to it and after it -- occurred if Slash wasn't involved? That kind of attention wasn't happening the past 15 years with only Axl. And both Duff and Izzy have played with NuGNR with little to no fanfare beyond the current NuGNR fans.

While I agree with you 100% that ALL 5 original members are the holy grail and the ultimate "historic" event, just having Axl and Slash together is historic in it's own right. Despite what some like to think, Axl and Slash are the faces of the band. Without one or the other, this thing wouldn't be so big. They are the only truly indispensable members. Not having Izzy is going to turn some fans off. Same with not having Steven, or if Duff somehow wasn't involved. But the interest would still be big because of Axl/Slash. That's the reality of it.

Edited by thunderram

Agreed 100% with @thunderram . The appeal is those two. Honestly, its evidenced by the fact that NO ONE is talking about Duff even 12 hours later. And thats not to say he's not important. We all love him. But obviously, its Axl and Slash. Two of the most feuding rockers in history finally sharing the stage after 23 years. THAT'S the story and you're crazy to think otherwise. It could have been incredible, it could have been a trainwreck, but whatever happened when they stepped out on stage was going to be historic. 

• Like 2

To be fair, Duff reconciled with Axl and started playing with GnR again years ago so that's old news at this point. IIRC when he showed up at that gig in London out of nowhere in 2010 or so, the first time he and Axl played together, it was a very, VERY big deal and it was reported in a number of media outlets.

Slash's return IS the big news story here, but I have seen a lot of news coverage referencing all three. Duff's not being ignored by the mainstream media.

35 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Agreed 100% with @thunderram . The appeal is those two. Honestly, its evidenced by the fact that NO ONE is talking about Duff even 12 hours later. And thats not to say he's not important. We all love him. But obviously, its Axl and Slash. Two of the most feuding rockers in history finally sharing the stage after 23 years. THAT'S the story and you're crazy to think otherwise. It could have been incredible, it could have been a trainwreck, but whatever happened when they stepped out on stage was going to be historic. 

You said it shorter and sweeter than did I. Nice job. ;)

1 hour ago, thunderram said:

Ask yourself this question. Would what happened last night with all the celebs showing up -- and all the attention that led up to it and after it -- occurred if Slash wasn't involved? That kind of attention wasn't happening the past 15 years with only Axl. And both Duff and Izzy have played with NuGNR with little to no fanfare beyond the current NuGNR fans.

While I agree with you 100% that ALL 5 original members are the holy grail and the ultimate "historic" event, just having Axl and Slash together is historic in it's own right. Despite what some like to think, Axl and Slash are the faces of the band. Without one of the other, this thing wouldn't be so big. They are the only truly indispensable members. Not having Izzy is going to turn some fans off. Same with not having Steven, or if Duff somehow wasn't involved. But the interest would still be big because of Axl/Slash. That's the reality of it.

Totally agree, for the casual fan it's about Slash and Axl because they were the two most recognisable and iconic members back in the day. Usually in a band it's the singer and guitarist anyway who get the most attention, but especially in GnR because Axl was such a phenomenal frontman and Slash such a character. 

That being said, the reason yesterday was such a beatlemania situation was only partly because of that... no one knew what was gonna happen, were the original five gonna be on stage at one point or another or was it just Axl, Slash and Duff? And the way they built it up these last few months was from a marketing point of view perfect.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I'm not happy that they are gonna further this notion that somehow CD songs are MORE GNR than VR or their solo material simply because it has the GNR name that Axl owns.

Funny, Slash and Duff don't appear to have a problem with it.    It is what it is.