06/29/16 - Kansas City - Arrowhead Stadium

downzy

Just got back from the show, up front on Duff's side midway up the catwalk. Axl was having a hell of a time you couldn't help but notice that. Ran into Andrea the chick collector or whatever his official position is and asked if I could get backstage....No dice, haha, really nice guy tho. Show sounded great up front. More details tomorrow 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Braxon Raine said:

Pretty decent show overall from what I can tell.   But I think I am hopping on the anti-Frank train.   Was hoping to stay positive about him but it's hard to say that alot of Axl's and the band's issues aren't coming from the drummer. Mostly Axl getting winded, missing beats, inconsistent tempos, etc.  

IMO, Richards style doesn't match with slash's perfectly as well. I have nothing against both persons. They are good musicians as well, but not for a top notch band like GnR. Gilby and Matt did a perfect Job when they replaced Steven and Izzy. You can't say that about Richard and Frank. Its simply not their music style. 

7 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Holy shit- I saw photos on FB that Stinson was there! Probably well discussed here, but news to me.

Lots of crazy things happened on stage tonight if you ask me. Fuckin fascinating to watch the body language. Buh-leee-dat.

I gonna drink beer n listen to my ears ring.

What sort of crazy things happened on stage tonight?

14 minutes ago, maxpax said:

IMO, Richards style doesn't match with slash's perfectly as well. I have nothing against both persons. They are good musicians as well, but not for a top notch band like GnR. Gilby and Matt did a perfect Job when they replaced Steven and Izzy. You can't say that about Richard and Frank. Its simply not their music style. 

Couldn't agree more. I would certainly take  Matt and Gilby over Frank and Richard.

• Like 1

Short of hearing some new songs, I got all I could want from tonight's show. Damn great great time.

We need to shake up the setlist big time though. Cut 3 of the never Enders- KOHD, NR, SCOM- I would say those 3. Replace with Crime, DH, DDM, Loco, something.

I think everyone could live with that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gooner14 said:

Why is the setlist so stagnant? Was it the same during the UYI tour etc ?

They pretty much stuck to the same setlist on the UYI  tour also other than switching up a few songs here and there.

9 minutes ago, gooner14 said:

Really?! 

Ok, let me explain to you fuckers. Remember when Axl came out with the new band for the 2002 tour. He said very plainly at the time that the set would be fairly static for a while before they started adding a lot more new songs and deep cuts because it was important for people to get to know the new band and that after 9 years away that people would want to hear the classic stuff.

It's a fairly similar situation today in that there are tens of thousands of people either seeing Guns for the first time ever; for the first time ever with Slash and Duff; or for the first time in 23 years with Slash and Duff and that is the case all over the world, hence they are going to need to keep the set tailored to that audience for the first go-around the world. 

It's not rocket science! 

And a lot of you people complaining about the setlist have very low post counts and/or haven't been around here much over the past 14 years. There are those of us who have been loyal and seen Axl and everyone else live tens of times and heard all the classic material played to death. But we're not complaining about the sets because it's common sense and good business. 

Jesus, wait til the next tour and you'll all be whining that there's too many Chinese and new album songs. 

And btw, the UYI tour was IN SUPPORT OF TWO NEW FUCKING CDs. This tour is not!

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, GibsonLP said:

Playing HIS part? Umm...

Probably slightly less weird than it was for Duff and Slash to watch "Guns N' Roses" tour all those years without them

5 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Well since he was playing someone else's part to begin with, probably not all that weird at all.  

Maybe if the poster had said "playing his partS" instead of "playing his part" you guys might have realised that by having Duff play the basslines and songs Tommy helped write in This I Love, Chinese, Better and Twat, that's exactly what Duff is doing.

3 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

And a lot of you people complaining about the setlist have very low post counts and/or haven't been around here much over the past 14 years.

Haha, what has that got to do with anything. I have been following MyGNR page since 96, and the band since about 88, and so has probably a lot more people, even though thehy do not sit and post on mygnr forum all the time. It has been years betweem some of my posts here. First time around I my user got deleted, cause I never bothered to do anything. This is my second one. 

I still hope they change up the setlist every now and then on this tour. 
`This is not similar at all to the 2002 run. Stop being a douchebag.

• Like 1

I don't wanna be the one who is bitching about it and infusing negative energy, cause it's not all bad, moreover it's fuckin' great, it just isn't as perfect as we expected..

I mean - regarding the ticket demand - this is utterly disappointing. I don't know if it's up to Ticketmaster or high prices, but once those stadium dates were confirmed I expected every one of them to be sold out, befitting the act as great as GnR is. Now, what is this? Guns have yet to sell out the complete stadium (Not counting Ford Field cause it didn't have 3 stories).. What's next? We find out Metlife or Soldier Field is only halfway sold out? Lol.. I mean really...

About Axl's voice? He was fantastic in Detroit, DC not so much...KC I don't know.. hopefully he improves as time goes by...

*If we are infuriated about this form of his voice, imagine if he applies the same form in September while singing ACDC.... whoa.... not that I care whatsoever...

Edited by scooby845

The problem with changing the setlist too much is there are songs that the average ticket buying fan want to hear. You know the singles they bought the tickets for. November rain is a classic example. 

Even though us real fans that love most the songs on a album would love to hear rare stuff being played something would have to make way for it.

Yes the seeker probably should go but there's not much budging for the rest of the setlist unless they want to take out a over played performed song and disappoint the average Joe fan who bought their ticket to see their favorite guns n roses song being played. 

The only way I see the setlist dramatically changing is if they drop a new album and then tour in support of the new songs. Even then they will still add the average Joe fan favourites.

33 minutes ago, gooner14 said:

I think one thing we have to keep in mind is that artists like Pearl Jam are the exception, mostly every major artists will have a stagnant setlist that will have minor changes occasionally.  That is just how it is with big bands and GNR has always been that way as well

Edited by WhazUp

8 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I don't wanna be the one who is bitching about it and infusing negative energy, cause it's not all bad, moreover it's fuckin' great, it just isn't as perfect as we expected..

I mean - regarding the ticket demand - this is utterly disappointing. I don't know if it's up to Ticketmaster or high prices, but once those stadium dates were confirmed I expected every one of them to be sold out, befitting the act as great as GnR is. Now, what is this? Guns have yet to sell out the complete stadium (Not counting Ford Field cause it didn't have 3 stories).. What's next? We find out Metlife or Soldier Field is only halfway sold out? Lol.. I mean really...

About Axl's voice? He was fantastic in Detroit, DC not so much...KC I don't know.. hopefully he improves as time goes by...

*If we are infuriated about this form of his voice, imagine if he applies the same form in September while singing ACDC.... whoa.... not that I care whatsoever...

I am not quite sure how selling 40-50,000 seats per night In a stadium Is utterly disappointing considering most bands today are lucky to draw 18,000 to an arena.

• Like 4

Just now, ironmt said:

I am not quite sure how selling 40-50,000 seats per night In a stadium Is utterly disappointing considering most bands today are lucky to draw 18,000 to an arena.

okay let me rephrase..not utterly.. but disappointing given the fact that all of us believed according to ticketmaster that it was 95% sold out...