*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

15 hours ago, Schwarzgold said:

So far, nobody of us has received one of the VIP-ticket gift packages? Hard to believe. Come on people, I'd like to know what to expect. :D

Seen one in person, don't have one. Bag is just a livenation tote-type thing. No GNR logo at all from what I could see- the sort of bag that comes with free gifts at a trade fair. More just a way to carry the book than anything you'd want to keep.  Book inside, with picks inside the front cover. Looked weak compared to the other legs packages, by miles. Book looked the same though broadly. 

Edited by allwaystired

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Seen one in person, don't have one. Bag is just a livenation tote-type thing. No GNR logo at all from what I could see- the sort of bag that comes with free gifts at a trade fair. More just a way to carry the book than anything you'd want to keep.  Book inside, with picks inside the front cover. Looked weak compared to the other legs packages, by miles. 

Dang, well that's disappointing to hear

22 hours ago, Schwarzgold said:

So far, nobody of us has received one of the VIP-ticket gift packages? Hard to believe. Come on people, I'd like to know what to expect. :D

The package are the same like the used to give in the NA leg last year, If you google in images guns n roses package vip

It has the same stickers and tickets from old shows in the 80´s and 90´s

three guitar picks with the skulls from appetite of axl slash duff

A pendant with the gnr logo bullet with the guns...

The only thing that I saw different are the pictures of the book and the place where the guitar picks are placed

5 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Dang, well that's disappointing to hear

I would add though, that I didn't inspect it all closely. The book did look great, and I was very envious of that. It had picks mounted on the inside cover and was contained within a box. it may also be that bags are different for different gigs too. Don't be disappointed! There's nothing disappointing about this tour! Trust me, the experience is incedible! 

I echo the sentiments of not being able to get a shirt from the show I went too. I don't think they are going on sale anywhere online though. Please feel free to correct me though- was gutted I couldn't get one. How many shoes do you attend where you WANT to spend money but can't?! Crazy scenario. 

Hey Aman....you've become this forum's resident expert on lithos over the last few months.  What's your count at now?  I'd love to hear a complete list...of course you probably have some that are for trade only and not part of the "permanent" collection too.   Did it all start in Osaka or were you already collecting the US ones from last year before that?

6 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Hey Aman....you've become this forum's resident expert on lithos over the last few months.  What's your count at now?  I'd love to hear a complete list...of course you probably have some that are for trade only and not part of the "permanent" collection too.   Did it all start in Osaka or were you already collecting the US ones from last year before that?

Nah, definitely no expert lol. Not sure how many I have now. Got me some Euro spares for trading but don't know how many in total until I have them in my hands. Don't want to count chickens before they hatch.

19 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Can any of the europeans tell me, wether the merchstands are only inside the venue? Or do they have one outside aswell?

I think the problem is..... define "venue" and define "outside"

For Zurich and Madrid, which were football stadiums, the merch stands were directly outside the stadium. So you didn't need to pass any checkpoint or security or anything to get access to them. They were literally placed on the footpath areas right outside the stadium.

But for Imola, the 'stage area' where GNR performs (and the section you need a ticket for) is on a paddock inside the Imola Racing Circuit grounds. So there was essentially a gated entrance you had to go through before going into the crowd/stage area. And it was in that area where the merch was being sold. Once you go into the stage/crowd area, there are no merch stands

5 minutes ago, amaninjapan said:

I think the problem is..... define "venue" and define "outside"

For Zurich and Madrid, which were football stadiums, the merch stands were directly outside the stadium. So you didn't need to pass any checkpoint or security or anything to get access to them. They were literally placed on the footpath areas right outside the stadium.

But for Imola, the 'stage area' where GNR performs (and the section you need a ticket for) is on a paddock inside the Imola Racing Circuit grounds. So there was essentially a gated entrance you had to go through before going into the crowd/stage area. And it was in that area where the merch was being sold. Once you go into the stage/crowd area, there are no merch stands

thats good to hear about madrid and zürich. but i heard that there were also merch stands outside the imola venue. so i can sleep peacefully again.