Rumored Concert Date Thread

On 9/2/2016 at 10:07 AM, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Bon Jovi played croke park to 80,000 people in 2006 as did the red hot chilli peppers in 2012.. In their prime gnr were bigger than both those bands in Ireland, surely a reuninting Axl and Slash could sell Croker pretty well.. I too would much prefer 2 nights in the 3 Arena, though.  

Bon Jovi and RHCP have been slugging away for a long time, and GnR have too... but they've also done a lot of damage to themselves.... especially in Ireland. Yep they had a great show in 2006, but in 2010? not so much, and maybe 2012 was good but people still bring up 2010.

Also Bon Jovi and RHCP are both lighter acts, essentially pop/rock... everyman bands, and even more fare weathered fans than GnR or any of the larger rock bands.

GnR could play Croke parke but I would guess that it would be a bit difficult for them to sell out. They could definitely sell 2 nights in the 3arena... but croke park? for me that's an unnecessary risk. But if they can pull it off! why not! it would amazing to go see a proper rock band in Croke park seen as the heaviest thing in croke park is usually u2 or bon jovi and if it's not them it's one direction or some other shite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Bon Jovi and RHCP have been slugging away for a long time, and GnR have too... but they've also done a lot of damage to themselves.... especially in Ireland. Yep they had a great show in 2006, but in 2010? not so much, and maybe 2012 was good but people still bring up 2010.

Also Bon Jovi and RHCP are both lighter acts, essentially pop/rock... everyman bands, and even more fare weathered fans than GnR or any of the larger rock bands.

GnR could play Croke parke but I would guess that it would be a bit difficult for them to sell out. They could definitely sell 2 nights in the 3arena... but croke park? for me that's an unnecessary risk. But if they can pull it off! why not! it would amazing to go see a proper rock band in Croke park seen as the heaviest thing in croke park is usually u2 or bon jovi and if it's not them it's one direction or some other shite.

The Aviva Stadium may be a better option. Smaller more intimate stadium and ACDC were brillent there in 2015. 

Croke Park would be cool but may be a hard sell and the residents would not be pleased with rock fans hanging around the area. Saw 2 gigs there myself over the years Bruce Springsteen and RHCP and the sound was ok,  the organisation left a lot to be desired though. Last may it took an hour to get through the ticket check barrier into the cusack stand and the bars ran out of drink a bit early

A big plus for Slane or an open field venue is that all areas will be available for ticket sales. In Croke Park and the Aviva quite a few sections of the stands are blocked off and would limit the capacity. 

Would take a gig in the Aviva or Croke Park. The RDS may be another option in Dublin. Outside of Dublin we have Thomond Park in Limerick, Nowlan Park in Kilkenny and Cork are opening a new stadium next summer. Please not Slane or Marley Park 

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

n croke park is usually u2 or bon jovi a

could you explain me how is it possible that u2 sells out 3 times croke park to 250k..? I mean I get they are big but THAT big? or are you Irishmen really liking your native bands? How come Guns cannot come close to that in Ireland? AT least one croke park date...

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

could you explain me how is it possible that u2 sells out 3 times croke park to 250k..? I mean I get they are big but THAT big? or are you Irishmen really liking your native bands? How come Guns cannot come close to that in Ireland? AT least one croke park date...

Garth Brooks sold it out for 5 nights

5 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Ed Sheeran SOLD OUT 2 nights at Crokie 24/25th July & also he was just short of selling out Wembley 3 nights in a row 10,11,12th July in 2015

Ed Sheeran is young "Hip" and "cool" and he has a hold on everyone between the ages of 12-50 that like pop music. GnR don't have the same crowd. Metallica are huge and they can just about sell out Marlay park or the RDS. When GnR played in 2006, they hadn't been to Ireland Since the Slane gig and they still didn't pack the RDS... a good crowd, but not a patch on Metallica 2 days after.

Metallica are bigger in Ireland and they max out at about 30-40000. Even with Slash / Duff, Croker is a stretch. But with the right promotion? they might swing it, people are excited about GnR more so than any other time since 2006? As for the Aviva... terrible sound and loads of obstructions to peoples view, just not a good place for a gig. To be honest I don't mind where it is, just as long as the play Ireland... but I will travel to see them if needs be.

Well here in vienna we have several options.. the ernst happel stadion ,national stadium , is occupied by a football team whoose own stadium gets renewed..so this would be available only end of may or during june earl july.

Rock in vienna is the most expensive festival here in austria. With a day ticket price of 99 eur. 

Gnr used to play novarock ,my fav festival in 2006 ,there was even izzy as special guest. Novarock could be possible because they just postponed the date to 3rd weekend of june..why should they??  

Krieau location  could be an option as well but krieau was not used min 1 or 2years...

However it doesnt matter where they come , I just wanna know when and be front row :lol:

9 hours ago, Slash787 said:

I don't think so GNR will do more than 2 nights at Wembley. 

Do you think they will play at places like Nottingham? 

Nottingham is an arena place, if they want to play the middle of the U.K. then I'd imagine they will go for somewhere In Birmingham. 

It's just much more likely they'll play south and north and expect us to travel, seeing as we are a tiny island. 

Im expecting London and Manchester.

• Like 1

it seems selfish but its better to play 3 wembley dates given the history of the band at the respective venue rather than multiple places in england... that way it gets major coverage so hopefully we get live dvd... the residents of UK could take trains to the concerts... not a big deal right?

11 hours ago, scooby845 said:

U2 shows in ireland are full of crazy italian fans! :P

1 hour ago, Natty said:

Well heresomethinga we have several options.. the ernst happel stadion ,national stadium , is occupied by a football team whoose own stadium gets renewed..so this would be available only end of may or during june earl july.

Rock in vienna is the most expensive festival here in austria. With a day ticket price of 99 eur. 

Gnr used to play novarock ,my fav festival in 2006 ,there was even izzy as special guest. Novarock could be possible because they just postponed the date to 3rd weekend of june..why should they??  

Krieau location  could be an option as well but krieau was not used min 1 or 2years...

However it doesnt matter where they come , I just wanna know when and be front row :lol:

But the novarock festival hp says that they moved the date because they not want to collied with other big rock concerts in Vienna in June...this sounds more like something BIG will happen in vienna at the same date novarock was planed in the first:question:

28 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

it seems selfish but its better to play 3 wembley dates given the history of the band at the respective venue rather than multiple places in england... that way it gets major coverage so hopefully we get live dvd... the residents of UK could take trains to the concerts... not a big deal right?

It is to me, it costs more than a front row  GNR ticket for train tickets in England, then I would have to stay over in London, which is more expensive than anywhere else in the uk. I won't be going to London if they play Manchester. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

8 minutes ago, EricA said:

But the novarock festival hp says that they moved the date because they not want to collied with other big rock concerts in Vienna in June...this sounds more like something BIG will happen in vienna at the same date novarock was planed in the first:question:

Novarock used the excuse "not to be too close to other rock competition and that they would be wiser .."so they postponed novarock. 

Rock in vienna and novarock are in competition...we all know.. but this is the first time novarock moves to3 rd weekend of june. Could be that gnr does a single show at the originally planned novarock date.. but my guess is novarock postponed to be able to have gnr there.. and novarock is the only venue where you have no issues with timetable ... in 2006 gnr concert at novarock began at midnight and ended 2.30 am :headbang:

19 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It is to me, it costs more than a front row  GNR ticket for train tickets in England, then I would have to stay over in London, which is more expensive than anywhere else in the uk. I won't be going to London if they play Manchester. 

I didn't know train tickets were that expensive... I've been told trains are the lowest level of the public transport in UK so I figured it would be affordable...

3 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I didn't know train tickets were that expensive... I've been told trains are the lowest level of the public transport in UK so I figured it would be affordable...

They aren't so bad if you are just travelling around London, but to get from north to south is very expensive. Most bands seem to accept that people in northern England would rather not travel to London due to expenses. I'm sure they'll play the Etihad. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Natty said:

Novarock used the excuse "not to be too close to other rock competition and that they would be wiser .."so they postponed novarock. 

Rock in vienna and novarock are in competition...we all know.. but this is the first time novarock moves to3 rd weekend of june. Could be that gnr does a single show at the originally planned novarock date.. but my guess is novarock postponed to be able to have gnr there.. and novarock is the only venue where you have no issues with timetable ... in 2006 gnr concert at novarock began at midnight and ended 2.30 am :headbang:

We'll see, as you wrote where and when ever it will happen i will be there, but i would really prefere single shows in europe , because i'm planning to go to at least 4-5 shows in europe;)

18 minutes ago, Natty said:

Nova Rock has not enough budget to book gnr - they have spent all their money for david hasselhoff already ;)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Train prices in the United Kingdom are obscenely expensive. If you are traveling from the north to London to see an arena/stadium act, the travel will be far dearer than the ticket - guaranteed. It is actually much cheaper to fly.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Train prices in the United Kingdom are obscenely expensive. If you are traveling from the north to London to see an arena/stadium act, the travel will be far dearer than the ticket - guaranteed. It is actually much cheaper to fly.

any idea why is it like that?