Just met fernando...

32 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Gotta agree. Still happy its happening, but god damn if I wasn't already over it once Vegas was done. The fact that it had been brewing long before it happened, then was finally announced but just Coachella. Then some scattered dates including Vegas. It was kind of cool there, cause we all assumed where it was going but they weren't speaking or saying anything, so those April shows were gonna be really cool. Then they did the surprise show, which kind of sucked a lot of the excitement out of the rest of the shows IMO. At least that initial build up. THEN they announced all the tour dates, before ANY of the April dates got played. They kind of just kept undercutting themselves. Any exciting thing that was announced was then kind of lessened when they announced something else. Vegas got pounded with reality checks with the club show, the tour being announced, AND then Axl breaking his leg the morning of the show (at least the announcement coming then). Vegas was fun because there was still a significant amount that hadn't seen them. Even Coachella was kind of undercut by the AC/DC announcement.

Still looking forward to the shows I'm seeing, but I agree I'm WAY less hyped than I thought I'd be for this monumental tour. I'm glad I indulged in Vegas, cause that was at least a culmination of a lot of things. Whereas everything since has left little to get INCREDIBLY excited about. It seems like the most blasé "take over the world" reunion, when I really thought they were gonna set the world on fire. I feel like the tour's old news already, and it hasn't even started. IMO, the only way to really keep interest up would be to change setlists night to night, and I'm not expecting much in that department.

Great post. The huge gap between the first few shows (Vegas/Mexico/Coachella) and the rest of the tour, coupled with Axl joining AC/DC has really made the tour irrelevant. They should have struck while the iron was hot and gone on tour. Now they have been "reunited" for months and only played a couple of shows and released no statements, interviews, etc. I doubt the general public really cares anymore. Here in Phx every radio station is giving away tickets and there are still thousands available. Quite disappointing. 

• Like 4

It wouldn't be so bad if Slash and Duff were not on Team Brazil gagging orders. You'd see big interviews in the interim as Slash always sells whatever he is doing, his latest album or tour, widely, to credible publications like Guitar World and Classic Rock.

19 hours ago, kanecrescente said:

He's confirmed Europe will be 2017! Having a meeting tomorrow to confirm things

South America this year, Australia January, Japan February 

thanks!

we now believe even more

Edited by action
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, andy_rose said:

Don't forget that right now, Axl is changing the view the majority has on him. This, in the long run, will be good for guns!

Eh, I doubt it honestly. People like to hate it, but when you get to the bottom of it, he's integral to Guns N Roses. So if you like the band, you already knew whether you were seeing this tour or not. Sure, there will be a FEW people that this may sway, but largely its irrelevant. Not bad, but just won't matter in any long run IMO. They sold what they sold, well I might add, for their own tour before anyone saw Axl sing with AC/DC. And there's been little movement since the initial onsale, so obviously this hasn't really changed people's minds. You either like Axl or you don't. AC/DC fans may be happier than when he was initially announced, but I doubt they are going out to buy Guns tickets.

I know what you mean, I think, that in the long run its at least positive press for him and people will think he's not as bad as a guy as they thought. But that doesn't really change things. Maybe his epitaph, but not this tour or Guns' future success I think. Bottom line was tickets went onsale before their first arena show in Vegas, and people bought em. They didn't care how Axl sounded, or how any of them sounded. They still bought tickets with only a club show to go off of that there wasn't a ton of video for. The demand is for the band. There's a lot any of them could do to sway negatively, but I don't think there's much any one band member can do that will in the long run change anything positively.

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It wouldn't be so bad if Slash and Duff were not on Team Brazil gagging orders. You'd see big interviews in the interim as Slash always sells whatever he is doing, his latest album or tour, widely, to credible publications like Guitar World and Classic Rock.

Agree. While Axl is out with AC/DC they should be drumming up interest at home. Instead we have...whatever is happening.

Not everybody is on social media, so a random post here and there won't cut it.

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Since when it is confirmed this is Team Brazil's doing? Who is not to say that the band simply decided on no press to avoid past feuds from resurfacing or just to hype the tour even more?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wasted said:

Same set list, different Illusion deep track. Maybe play IRS and Catcher. 

Yeah maybe not. Play something different like Reckless, Think About You or Black Leather, you know, something the majority of fans will know, and like.

3 hours ago, Bumblefeet said:

Since when it is confirmed this is Team Brazil's doing? Who is not to say that the band simply decided on no press to avoid past feuds from resurfacing or just to hype the tour even more?

I find that very unlikely. Before the reunion, Slash would agree to be interviewed by just about everyone as Slash is one of the biggest proliferators of himself and his music; whenever he releases an album for instance he does a worldwide publicity tour, visiting different cities, doing television, and agreeing to be interviewed by their leading rock/guitar magazines (e.g. Classic Rock and Guitar World). Live touring also produces a multitude of interviews. Slash operates in virtually the opposite manner from Axl. He sees nothing unduly wrong with promoting his work and always being easy to contact - I think he has a good relationship with certain rock journalists. Indeed, he conducted most of the publicity during the Illusion period. This is Slash modus operandi.

And suddenly we are expected to believe Slash has had a complete career-wide volte-face?

Very unlikely.

We know of course how Nugnr have operate: Area 51 -  Axl doing an interview about once-per-decade; uber-neutral interviews by hirelings; quotations from those interviews which all sound exactly the same despite being from different members; Team Brazil chaos. ! It is easy to put two-and-two together and conclude that Slash has similarly been gagged.

Edited by DieselDaisy

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I find that very unlikely. Before the reunion, Slash would agree to be interviewed by just about everyone

And suddenly we are expected to believe Slash has had a complete career-wide volte-face?

Very unlikely.

We know of course how Nugnr have operate: Area 51 -  Axl doing an interview about once-per-decade; uber-neutral interviews by hirelings; quotations from those interviews which all sound exactly the same despite being from different members; Team Brazil chaos. ! It is easy to put two-and-two together and conclude that Slash has similarly been gagged.

Its everything I've ever loved about Guns N Roses. What other rock star are we ever going to see again who only gives interviews once a decade? I always like it when Axl makes statements. I like even more the statement he makes by not making statements.

Edited by Mr. Dude
Deeper Insight
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Dude said:

Its everything I've ever loved about Guns N Roses. What other rock star are we ever going to see again who only gives interviews once a decade? I always like it when Axl makes statements. I like even more the statement he makes by not making a statement.

Or release an album every twenty-five years? Simply delightful.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mr. Dude said:

Its everything I've ever loved about Guns N Roses. What other rock star are we ever going to see again who only gives interviews once a decade? I always like it when Axl makes statements. I like even more the statement he makes by not making statements.

No interviews, no music, what more could you want? :lol:

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Or release an album every twenty-five years? Simply delightful.

Thank you. I agree. Exactly my point. We'll never see another rock star with that kind of cache.

21 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

No interviews, no music, what more could you want? :lol:

That's rock n roll. It's elemental. John Lydon didn't release anything for years, but he was still rock n roll.

Edited by Mr. Dude

17 minutes ago, Mr. Dude said:

Thank you. I agree. Exactly my point. We'll never see another rock star with that kind of cache.

That's rock n roll. It's elemental. John Lydon didn't release anything for years, but he was still rock n roll.

Yeah but John Lydon was actually fuckin' doing something, not sitting around with his thumb up his arse claiming to be in the studio, lets not compare Johnny Lydons output with GnRs eh, he released Nevermind the Bollocks in 76 then went on a run of 8 albums from 78 to 92, starred in a film with Harvey Kietel in between, a solo album in 97, made a TV Show (though it never got aired :lol:) wrote books, done a load of TV work, done three reunions with The Pistols and reconvened PiL in 2012, having released two further albums of original matierial, Axl aint fit for the drippings off of Johnnys dick.  And John aint 'rock n roll' either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

Yeah but John Lydon was actually fuckin' doing something, not sitting around with his thumb up his arse claiming to be in the studio, lets not compare Johnny Lydons output with GnRs eh, he released Nevermind the Bollocks in 76 then went on a run of 8 albums from 78 to 92, starred in a film with Harvey Kietel in between, a solo album in 97, made a TV Show (though it never got aired :lol:) wrote books, done a load of TV work, done three reunions with The Pistols and reconvened PiL in 2012, having released two further albums of original matierial, Axl aint fit for the drippings off of Johnnys dick.  And John aint 'rock n roll' either.

That is an underrated film. I have it on one of those four-films-on-one-disc cheapo dvds.

18 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is weird, isn't it. 

Thata kind of been the Axl Rose MO for the last 20 years tho. He never quite does 100% the right thing. Even when he does something cool or good with GnR, he never goes all in. 

For example, this current "regrouping." Throw in Adler and Izzy - even just for one show. If those guys didn't want to tour or Axl didn't trust them, fine. But bring them in for that surprise Troubadour show. Do that and it's the biggest reunion show of all time. 

Play 2-3 new songs during the regrouping tour. 

Do at least one big interview. And don't ban Slash and Duff from giving the fans information. 

Do those little things and this is the greatest reunion tour of all time. But like always - he never quite gives his fans everything they want.