Just met fernando...

OMFG Japan and Australia before Europe? I fucking hate Axl or tour manager, you can't give us one or two shows in O2 Arena or something after summer tour and AC/DC dates in USA? Fuck off.

• Like 1

I thought they would have played South America last on the simple premise that they are guaranteed to sell-out everywhere in South America - if the act consisted of Frank and Dizzy relieving themselves on stage, the crazy Brazilians would turn up in droves - and that Europe is not so guaranteed, and would still need to rely on publicity, hyperbole and sheer impetus. By 2017, Europe will feel a bit neglected to say the least. Europe and North America are basically your two premier markets but they are both markets you have to work and sell yourselves a bit - less so, South America and Asia where you just simply have to turn up.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, kanecrescente said:

He's confirmed Europe will be 2017! Having a meeting tomorrow to confirm things

South America this year, Australia January, Japan February 

That's really great info! Thank you for asking and sharing!

4 hours ago, gNr_pImP said:

Did 'nando mention anything about a possible appearance at download, taking Motörheads' place?

......that was the rumour amongst people at 'DC yesterday.

There's been numerous rumours about that spot since lemmy passed away. 

I think Motörhead and friends. Slash and Duff could be in with that. 

The hype for this reunion petered out almost before the tour even began. The whole Axl/DC shit has only further made this reunion a non-event.

If they ain't going to do a new album, then fuck em, I ain't going to see that shit again. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2017 European shows were only half/three quarters full.

• Like 1

Fuck yeah! :headbang::wub: Add this to the new album that they will make and I've got myself a perfect summer next year!

P.S. I love how Japan is going to be in February, just like '92.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Towelie said:

If they ain't going to do a new album, then fuck em, I ain't going to see that shit again. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2017 European shows were only half/three quarters full.

That's why Bumblefoot left the band. He wanted to release new GN'R  musics but nothing happened…

Sad but true GN'R is a live act only band since 2009.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, kanecrescente said:

He's confirmed Europe will be 2017! Having a meeting tomorrow to confirm things

South America this year, Australia January, Japan February 

Thanks for the news man, so the rumor of South America this year in October/November seems to be true then.

@Italian girl and @Philipm787 you have to look at this

Edited by Slash787
  • Like 1

Fits with the persistent rumours that they will headline, Isle of Wight and Download in 2017, also read somthing about two other UK dates which were in the same time frame. Will go on a hunt for details, didn't pay much attention at the time.

Have to say I agree with the need for new material by 2017 it's going to be wearing thin if they want to fill shows. Perhaps they will just stick to festivals.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Good point. NEEEW MUUUSIIIC!

@kanecrescente Thanks for the info bro and welcome to the forum. I just fucking pray that by 'Australia' that includes NZ by affiliation

Lmao love the way you put it! Axls vocals from the 2000s plus slashs solos from the January/February recordings m. It would be interesting.. Weird but whatever. It'd be better than nothing!

1 hour ago, Italian girl said:

Count on me @Slash787 for any updates I discover about rumours in Italy!!!

Im not sure about South America cause the air tickets are too expensive, so well most prob. I will try for Australia or Japan, the tickets for them are expensive too but still cheaper than South America, I will be waiting for more updates, but at least I have a rough idea about whats going on so I will plan according to that.

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

The hype for this reunion petered out almost before the tour even began. The whole Axl/DC shit has only further made this reunion a non-event.

Gotta agree. Still happy its happening, but god damn if I wasn't already over it once Vegas was done. The fact that it had been brewing long before it happened, then was finally announced but just Coachella. Then some scattered dates including Vegas. It was kind of cool there, cause we all assumed where it was going but they weren't speaking or saying anything, so those April shows were gonna be really cool. Then they did the surprise show, which kind of sucked a lot of the excitement out of the rest of the shows IMO. At least that initial build up. THEN they announced all the tour dates, before ANY of the April dates got played. They kind of just kept undercutting themselves. Any exciting thing that was announced was then kind of lessened when they announced something else. Vegas got pounded with reality checks with the club show, the tour being announced, AND then Axl breaking his leg the morning of the show (at least the announcement coming then). Vegas was fun because there was still a significant amount that hadn't seen them. Even Coachella was kind of undercut by the AC/DC announcement.

Still looking forward to the shows I'm seeing, but I agree I'm WAY less hyped than I thought I'd be for this monumental tour. I'm glad I indulged in Vegas, cause that was at least a culmination of a lot of things. Whereas everything since has left little to get INCREDIBLY excited about. It seems like the most blasé "take over the world" reunion, when I really thought they were gonna set the world on fire. I feel like the tour's old news already, and it hasn't even started. IMO, the only way to really keep interest up would be to change setlists night to night, and I'm not expecting much in that department.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Gotta agree. Still happy its happening, but god damn if I wasn't already over it once Vegas was done. The fact that it had been brewing long before it happened, then was finally announced but just Coachella. Then some scattered dates including Vegas. It was kind of cool there, cause we all assumed where it was going but they weren't speaking or saying anything, so those April shows were gonna be really cool. Then they did the surprise show, which kind of sucked a lot of the excitement out of the rest of the shows IMO. At least that initial build up. THEN they announced all the tour dates, before ANY of the April dates got played. They kind of just kept undercutting themselves. Any exciting thing that was announced was then kind of lessened when they announced something else. Vegas got pounded with reality checks with the club show, the tour being announced, AND then Axl breaking his leg the morning of the show (at least the announcement coming then). Vegas was fun because there was still a significant amount that hadn't seen them. Even Coachella was kind of undercut by the AC/DC announcement.

Still looking forward to the shows I'm seeing, but I agree I'm WAY less hyped than I thought I'd be for this monumental tour. I'm glad I indulged in Vegas, cause that was at least a culmination of a lot of things. Whereas everything since has left little to get INCREDIBLY excited about. It seems like the most blasé "take over the world" reunion, when I really thought they were gonna set the world on fire. I feel like the tour's old news already, and it hasn't even started. IMO, the only way to really keep interest up would be to change setlists night to night, and I'm not expecting much in that department.

Great post and pretty much mirrors my thoughts. I have to say that I wasn't sure about parting with hundreds of pounds to see them when they inevitably do a UK/Euro run but the AXL/DC show last night changed my mind. If Axl's singing and performing as phenomenally as he was last night for future GN'R shows it will be a sight to behold; especially as there's the huge added bonus of Slash and Duff being there as well. Media wise there does seem to a be a lot more buzz about the whole AXL/DC thing though and it's odd that Axl's doing some of the best shows of his career outside of GN'R! Plus, I think one of the things that got me excited about this AXL/DC run was seeing Axl doing a completely different set from the last few years even if it was singing another band's songs.

I hope they do some stadium shows in the UK as I'm not a huge fan of festivals. That being said if they were announced as playing Hellfest I'd head back there in a heartbeat; I preferred the festival experience to Download when I went to see nuGuns there in 2012 and generally the lineups are more to my tastes than Download's. 

Edited by BassistSeb
  • Like 2