Did it take a reunion to lose Mickey & get back the rasp??

I do think he's trying. You can hear the Mickey voice coming through sometimes and he fights it. Like on nightrain detroit. I personally would like him to use his deep voice instead of Mickey if he can't do the rasp all the time but it is what it is. 

Just now, Jw224 said:

I do think he's trying. You can hear the Mickey voice coming through sometimes and he fights it. Like on nightrain detroit. I personally would like him to use his deep voice instead of Mickey if he can't do the rasp all the time but it is what it is. 

Yeah bro same here, his deep voice is awesoe i think, he'd sound better if he sang with deeper voice. I just dont know why he doesnt sing with deeper voice ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, onurbayrak03 said:

Yeah bro same here, his deep voice is awesoe i think, he'd sound better if he sang with deeper voice. I just dont know why he doesnt sing with deeper voice ?

Yeah I agree I really like his deep voice. Maybe it's harder for him to put the power required behind it when compared to Mickey vocals? Not sure tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Yeah I agree I really like his deep voice. Maybe it's harder for him to put the power required behind it when compared to Mickey vocals? Not sure tbh. 

maybe, but my only hope that is he'll lose some weight as the tour goes on, so can be able to control his breathing better...Maybe he ll sound like 2010 

2 minutes ago, onurbayrak03 said:

maybe, but my only hope that is he'll lose some weight as the tour goes on, so can be able to control his breathing better...Maybe he ll sound like 2010 

Yeah I do think losing some weight would help him definitely. 

Just now, SWINGTRADER said:

So I am guessing Slash is absolute shit in this performance because it happened between 2011-2015.

If u wanna choose just what u want to.   I can do that too.

Nightrain?? Sweet child?? Starlight?? Those ( among others) were i bunch of shit on several shows between 2011-2015.  And i repeat .. That live at roxy 2015?? Light years away from the wonderfull, inspired and undisputable magnificent slash we're hearing with guns n' roses.

Im a huge seek slash fan ( both of my tats are about slash stuff and snakepit), but i wont lie and im not blind or deaf.   Dont take honesty and truth out of the ecuation; if u do that  you're heading BS-LAND.  

Some of u said " axl is bringing his a-game to this reunion" .. Well yes, totally. 

But slash ALSO IS BRINGING HIS A-GAME TO THIS, HE IS PLAYING WAAAYY BETTER THAN THE LAST 6 OR SEVEN YEARS.  PERIOD

12 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

If you like rasp, then his voice is definitely not the best it's been in 20 years. Check out some 2010 videos. He sounded waaaayyyy more raspy back then. 

I honestly think his weight is the issue. It's well known that it has a profound impact on a singers voice. Not only that, but breathing as well. When you're overweight and out of shape, you can't run around as much and put on the same kind of show. 

I can appreciate and respect Axl for choosing to say "fuck you" to people and be the weight he wants to be. I really can. But if I were him, I would have lost all the weight, hired a nutritionist/trainer and gotten back to his early 90's self just so I could put on the best show possible. It would be for the fans, not myself. 

I wish Axl felt the same way.

Edited by Nintari

12 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Lose Mickey ???  And you spent hours listening to these 'reunion' shows ?  You must not have been paying attention ...

Like I said, I'm not looking to argue. Do you disagree that his voice is not nearly as high pitched as it has been over the last decade?

5 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

Nightrain?? Sweet child?? Starlight?? Those ( among others) were i bunch of shit on several shows between 2011-2015.  And i repeat .. That live at roxy 2015?? Light years away from the wonderfull, inspired and undisputable magnificent slash we're hearing with guns n' roses.

Im a huge seek slash fan ( both of my tats are about slash stuff and snakepit), but i wont lie and im not blind or deaf.   Dont take honesty and truth out of the ecuation; if u do that  you're heading BS-LAND.  

Some of u said " axl is bringing his a-game to this reunion" .. Well yes, totally. 

But slash ALSO IS BRINGING HIS A-GAME TO THIS, HE IS PLAYING WAAAYY BETTER THAN THE LAST 6 OR SEVEN YEARS.  PERIOD

I never said Slash was not bringing his A-game to the GNR tour. He absolutely sounds great. I am just saying that Slash has not been total shit between 2011-2015 like you are making it out to be.

And I personally do not think Axl is bringing his A-game to this tour. 

• Like 1

Some of you have incredibly high standards that will never be met. Axl sings better live than almost anyone in his age bracket. The guy can flat out bring it. "Mickey" as some say is a way for Axl to do a whole tour and keep his voice. Am I the only one who thinks in some of those early illusion shows Axl sounds like he has glass breaking in his throat as he sings? Axl brings the power and sings other spots. I think he sounds incredible. I say if you want studio quality vocals just listen to the records. This is Rock N' Roll and it isn't supposed to be perfect anyway.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, h2sublime said:

Some of you have incredibly high standards that will never be met. Axl sings better live than almost anyone in his age bracket. The guy can flat out bring it. "Mickey" as some say is a way for Axl to do a whole tour and keep his voice. Am I the only one who thinks in some of those early illusion shows Axl sounds like he has glass breaking in his throat as he sings? Axl brings the power and sings other spots. I think he sounds incredible. I say if you want studio quality vocals just listen to the records. This is Rock N' Roll and it isn't supposed to be perfect anyway.

It think you may be misunderstanding them. They don't want studio quality. He sings it too clean in the studio. If forced to choose I think some of them would prefer the painful gargling glass voice of 91 over the clean studio vocals.

If that is what they like, that is what they like. Some will decide not having all rasp all the time makes things bad and unenjoyable. Others prefer heavier rasp, but are good to go with what they are getting now and think it sounds great. And there are even others that prefer less rasp and are happier with what they are getting now. And every one of those groups will have people who are happy to argue with not only people who have different preferences than them, but the people who have the same preference as themselves.

It makes the world go round and this forum racking up the posts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

It think you may be misunderstanding them. They don't want studio quality. He sings it too clean in the studio. If forced to choose I think some of them would prefer the painful gargling glass voice of 91 over the clean studio vocals.

If that is what they like, that is what they like. Some will decide not having all rasp all the time makes things bad and unenjoyable. Others prefer heavier rasp, but are good to go with what they are getting now and think it sounds great. And there are even others that prefer less rasp and are happier with what they are getting now. And every one of those groups will have people who are happy to argue with not only people who have different preferences than them, but the people who have the same preference as themselves.

It makes the world go round and this forum racking up the posts.

Dude...this post...is awesome!   You hit the nail right on the fucking head.  Sure, I could have liked this instead, but I wanted to up my post count by one :)

Seriously, this is exactly right and everyone (for the most part) thinks the way they want it is the way it should be and if it's any different its shit.  Well done sir!

On zaterdag 2 juli 2016 at 6:39 AM, jz1276 said:

Like I said, I'm not looking to argue. Do you disagree that his voice is not nearly as high pitched as it has been over the last decade?

I think there's a misunderstanding of the term 'Mickey'.  'Mickey' to me means the ridiculous style of singing he's been using since January 1st 2001.

I can give you 5 million examples from the 2016 shows, but to make it easy on you guys, just check the pro-shot 'November Rain' from Coachella.  Cringeworthy, Mickey all the way.

He then comes out with Ac/Dc and sings like he should for 95% of the show (I was there).  He also acknowledges the concious decision to change singing styles in the China Exchange interview.

All of which means he deliberately chooses to sing like shit for GNR and not for AC/DC.

• Like 1

On July 1, 2016 at 1:00 PM, SWINGTRADER said:

The songs that were recorded with rasp he is not singing with rasp. You can only judge Axl by how he used to sing in his live performances. You do not go by album. His 1986 live voice is 100 times more powerful than it is now, even if he didn't use much rasp. This is also about power in the voice. The Axl of old did not get overpowered by the rest of the band. what we are hearing now is not a clean voice, it is an intentional weak voice he is using. He is choosing not to sing to his full potential on so many songs.

Did you REALLY just compare Axl in 1986 to Axl in 2016? 

You realize that 1986 was 30 freaking years ago, right?

• Like 2

Axl is getting worse and worse after every show. Shame. But yeah, I see more effort and more motivation than his solo years, that's an improvement I guess. Guess we'll have to accept Axl will sing this way until he retires, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, maynard said:

Axl is getting worse and worse after every show. Shame. But yeah, I see more effort and more motivation than his solo years, that's an improvement I guess. Guess we'll have to accept Axl will sing this way until he retires, unfortunately.

Clueless....

7 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

What the hell are you on about??? Worse and worse? 

Did you listen to anything from the last Chicago gig? It was by far the best show of the tour so far in terms of vocals.

Yes I did, he sounds worse than the first shows and much worse than in the ACDC shows.

On 7/1/2016 at 6:06 AM, Lies They Tell said:

If you like rasp, then his voice is definitely not the best it's been in 20 years. Check out some 2010 videos. He sounded waaaayyyy more raspy back then. 

Been waaay more impressed with his current voice than the overrated 2010 voice everyone drags on about.

On 7/1/2016 at 6:54 PM, SEPTEM said:

You're on a witch hunt & purposely trying to find something to talk about. Absolute bullshit to me.

Slash has always been awesome & great, but he's been epically inspired and awesome since he kicked drugs, cigarettes & booze in 2008. Granted he may have a little extra motivation being with Axl again but you also haven't been hearing November Rain, Estranged and a few other GNR songs by him in 23 years. 

I seen Slash in Chicago last year with Myles Kennedy at the Concord Theater and he was absolutely at peace with himself and his band, and he was absolutely killing it like I'd never seen him, now as great of a show as Velvet Revolver in St Paul was in 2005, Slash is light years ahead of his playing in 2005 because he's clean now. Now I seen Slash & Guns friday night in Chicago and he was just as perfect & awesome as he was the year before, but you could tell on his face he enjoyed being back with his old buddy and the mojo was there, but it was massively different than the year before when he was with MK & The Conspirators where he also hit all the notes and made me feel all the emotions.

Slash has always been great, his solo band with MK is great but the greatness of the situation around him changes slightly but Slash always gives his all, I don't think anything is left behind when he's done and off stage. Obviously you're never going to top Axl & Slash back together, even the Beatles couldn't top that...AND yes I said even the BEATLES COULDN'T TOP THAT.  

• Like 1