10/27/16 - Lima, PE - Estadio Monumental

alfierose

29 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

That sucks man....I can't imagine sitting in traffic that long.  :/ 

It was insane!! the taxi left me about 2 KM from the stadium, I ran because I thought they would start at 9pm, thanfully Axl was also in traffic and I beat him to the venue :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not doubting you however, why on earth would somebody desire to wear a shirt with shotgun holes in - and pay extra for that experience?

Well when you are the last "true rock star" and you front the most dangerous band in the world...you have a fashion consultant and you wear shorts with holes in them and you wear a flannel wrapped around your waist. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Well when you are the last "true rock star" and you front the most dangerous band in the world...you have a fashion consultant and you wear shorts with holes in them and you wear a flannel wrapped around your waist. 

Wow he wore SHORTS with holes in them? At 54???:lol::lol: 

No wonder traffic was really bad that day hahahaha

12 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Someone said if he can't sing PC anymore than don't do it, but the thing is he is very capable of singing it with more rasp he just chooses not to. It's a lot of words really fast, but this year has shown how capable Axl is. 

The difference is that PC is not a song where you're supposed to scream. Axl sounds raspy when he screams and he sounds clean when he sings. As soon as he gets to scream on those last "good fucking night"-phrases, he sounds raspy again. It's really not that complicated. Songs like Back In Black suit him perfectly because the song is basically full of short bursts of screaming. Nothing could possibly fit Axl's current voice better than songs like that. And most AC/DC songs are that type of songs.

GNR songs like for example Paradise City are different and Axl's not capable of singing them much raspier than he does right now. If he could, trust me, he would. There's no logical reason why he wouldn't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

The difference is that PC is not a song where you're supposed to scream. Axl sounds raspy when he screams and he sounds clean when he sings. As soon as he gets to scream on those last "good fucking night"-phrases, he sounds raspy again. It's really not that complicated. Songs like Back In Black suit him perfectly because the song is basically full of short bursts of screaming. Nothing could possibly fit Axl's current voice better than songs like that. And most AC/DC songs are that type of songs.

GNR songs like for example Paradise City are different and Axl's not capable of singing them much raspier than he does right now. If he could, trust me, he would. There's no logical reason why he wouldn't.

I think I agree with this. 

It's why Axl even at his weakest has always sounded good on 'screeching' songs like My Michelle, ending of Nightrain , etc. 

A lot of these songs require a different type of singing than ACDC.  

3 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

He doesn't sing it with rasp bc he's stuck in his ways. ACDC he learned songs from scratch, and to say every song was Back in black screaming is crazy. The biggest difference in PC is the speed/tempo and amount of words he's navigating in a short space. But to say he's not capable is false. He sang the Bon material with a nice amount of rasp, and sounded brilliant on almost everything. 

Its his own fault they sped up PC and it's his own doing that he sounds weak on it. I bet when he went back to his vocal coach it was solely for ACDC material, but really he needs to slow down PC to get the breathing right, and find a voice that suits the song. 

However with that said I expect he will get better, but i just don't see a dramatic improvement until they as a band make a conscious effort to slow the tempo down and for Axl to dive into the vocals with more rasp. 

And again he may have been sick and that's something entirely different to deal with but this issue has gone on the whole tour as far as PC performance goes 

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

He doesn't sing it with rasp bc he's stuck in his ways. ACDC he learned songs from scratch, and to say every song was Back in black screaming is crazy. The biggest difference in PC is the speed/tempo and amount of words he's navigating in a short space. But to say he's not capable is false. He sang the Bon material with a nice amount of rasp, and sounded brilliant on almost everything. 

Its his own fault they sped up PC and it's his own doing that he sounds weak on it. I bet when he went back to his vocal coach it was solely for ACDC material, but really he needs to slow down PC to get the breathing right, and find a voice that suits the song. 

However with that said I expect he will get better, but i just don't see a dramatic improvement until they as a band make a conscious effort to slow the tempo down and for Axl to dive into the vocals with more rasp. 

And again he may have been sick and that's something entirely different to deal with but this issue has gone on the whole tour as far as PC performance goes 

The songs where he doesn't scream in AC/DC have the same clean singing voice - go listen to the verses of Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be, for example

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Estranged Reality said:

The songs where he doesn't scream in AC/DC have the same clean singing voice - go listen to the verses of Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be, for example

I'd post a batch of videos of ACDC where he isn't screaming and using a nice mid voice with rasp but this thread is for Lima and gnr so I'll have to do that in the ACDC section. 

Im 90% sure the only thing holding back a solid performance on PC is Axl himself and the speed of the song

Edited by IncitingChaos

7 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I'd post a batch of videos of ACDC where he isn't screaming and using a nice mid voice with rasp but this thread is for Lima and gnr so I'll have to do that in the ACDC section. 

Im 90% sure the only thing holding back a solid performance on PC is Axl himself and the speed of the song