02/04/17 - Auckland - Western Springs Stadium

RussTCB

14 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Just got back. Better than Houston. Review incoming.

P.S. I'm sorry I'm such a selfish hypcrit for not streaming. I did try for a few songs  it wouldn't connect to the internet at all.

Hard to believe... ?

I definately have to check it out now. Hoping for a lot of quality YouTube videos...

Edited by TheDemocracyRose

15 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

The biggest complaint on the fb page I help with is where Patience

I'm not usually a setlist complainer and I know I'll be too happy to care about the details of the setlist when I see them live, but I truly don't understand why they can't play both patience and don't cry at each show, especially when they're taking up almost 7 minutes for Sorry of all songs <_<

• Like 4

1 minute ago, qwerty123 said:

I'm not usually a setlist complainer and I know I'll be too happy to care about the details of the setlist when I see them live, but I truly don't understand why they can't play both patience and don't cry at each show, especially when they're taking up almost 7 minutes for Sorry of all songs <_<

Maybe they think playing November Rain, Estranged, SCOM, Patience and Don't Cry is too many ballads to play at once. But I agree it sucks

3 minutes ago, qwerty123 said:

Yeah Patience with casual fans is loved flat out

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Maybe they think playing November Rain, Estranged, SCOM, Patience and Don't Cry is too many ballads to play at once. But I agree it sucks

be better to keep patience and rotate sorry and Dont cry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbo said:

It' So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Chinese Democracy 
Welcome To The Jungle 
Double Talkin Jive 
Better 
Estranged 
Live & Let Die 
Rocket Queen 
You Could Be Mine 
Attitude 
This I Love 
Civil War
Coma
Blue's Jam/ TheGodfather 
Sweet Child O' Mine 
Yesterdays 
My Michelle
Wish You Were Here
Layla
November Rain 
Knockin On Heavens Door 
Nightrain 
Sorry 
?
Don't Cry
The Seeker
Paradise City

Is this the final setlist? Was there something between Sorry and Don't Cry?

24 minutes ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Is the love for Sorry enough that it gets played? Or Axl just insist on playing it?

Sorry is much better than nothing. Guess it would be cooler, if they switched between Sorry and some other song, like Catcher, The Garden, You're Crazy or something. But lately the setlist's been awesome in my opinion, so can't complain.

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Guns N' Roses. Mightiest band in the world! 

There were clear blue skies above the smokey venue of approximately 40,000 people which triggered my aspergers anxiety stuff but I owned that shit because it was time to rock, so I waded through up close to the left side of the Gold GA section. I had about a dozen people go on about how tall I am and how lucky I was because I could see clearly over the crowd hehe. Everyone was really excited and in the moment, there weren't too many cellphones being held up which was nice and me and the people around me all sang along to a lot of the set. During DTJ though there were one or two wankers who I think were on drugs knocking aggressively into us so I shoved them away and said "Get that guy and take that! I'll take it godamn it!" and the people around me laughed. There was a nice guy to the right of me dressed up as Slash and the both of us were the only ones in our area singing along to all of Coma, which was a very emotional highlight for me. A rather old woman tried twerking right in front of my crotch which was a bit awkward but she meant well haha. Up in the corner of the venue there was a house with a awesome view overlooking the stadium and you could see they had their own little audience up there in their backyard. It was hot, I'm simultaneously exhausted and exhilarated. The setlist was great and like I said Axl and the others sounded better than Houston, not exaggeration, you guys know I'm sometimes critical and don't really sugar coat things, they just did a great fucking job. It was so intense you guys. I've been anticipating the show for so long it was truly cathartic and surreal. I was physically trembling from being overloaded by this performance and these timeless songs. If you have the chance to see them live, fucking do it.

P.S. I am genuinely sorry for not streaming.

Good review, man.

Don't sweat about streaming. All of us here will eventually see them anyway. You paid for the tickets, it was your show. I'm glad you had a blast. Sounds like things are looking up for Australia then!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Guns N' Roses. Mightiest band in the world! 

There were clear blue skies above the smokey venue of approximately 40,000 people which triggered my aspergers anxiety stuff but I owned that shit because it was time to rock, so I waded through up close to the left side of the Gold GA section. I had about a dozen people go on about how tall I am and how lucky I was because I could see clearly over the crowd hehe. Everyone was really excited and in the moment, there weren't too many cellphones being held up which was nice and me and the people around me all sang along to a lot of the set. During DTJ though there were one or two wankers who I think were on drugs knocking aggressively into us so I shoved them away and said "Get that guy and take that! I'll take it godamn it!" and the people around me laughed. There was a nice guy to the right of me dressed up as Slash and the both of us were the only ones in our area singing along to all of Coma, which was a very emotional highlight for me. A rather old woman tried twerking right in front of my crotch which was a bit awkward but she meant well haha. Up in the corner of the venue there was a house with a awesome view overlooking the stadium and you could see they had their own little audience up there in their backyard. It was hot, I'm simultaneously exhausted and exhilarated. The setlist was great and like I said Axl and the others sounded better than Houston, not exaggeration, you guys know I'm sometimes critical and don't really sugar coat things, they just did a great fucking job. It was so intense you guys. I've been anticipating the show for so long it was truly cathartic and surreal. I was physically trembling from being overloaded by this performance and these timeless songs. If you have the chance to see them live, fucking do it.

P.S. I am genuinely sorry for not streaming.

Thanks for this nice review! Glad you had a great time! And that part of the 'Get that guy (...) ', awesome man :rofl-lol: Just a little question: do you remember what Axl said while introducing Slash? I can't figure it out from the streams. so if you could help :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Thanks a lot, out of likes 

Axl called Slash an invincible reptilian, was a slightly different word from reptilian I think it was reptilianasaurus or something like that lol. Axl also teased Duff for being tempted by a store down in Wellington to get a tophat. They were all in a good mood it was great

Nice! Thanks :hug:

• Like 1