02/04/17 - Auckland - Western Springs Stadium

RussTCB

1 hour ago, Mendez said:

For example: Slash's rhythm guitarist slowly fades in the background chords, which to me give it a more soothing/emotive sounding ambiance to it. Before that, it sounds bland (to me), but when that "ambience" progression comes in, it gives it direction.

it is all part of the build up. Slash is just noodling and finding the groove until they are doing what you are saying. It usually last a couple of minutes before the real solo starts and then LOOK OUT!!! Then it continues to build and build.  But agree that it would be 100 times better if Guns did it this way...Let Slash do his fucking thing! This is a pretty good example but they got way better during the WOF tour.. Even the way Slash started the slide thing seemed more climatic with this band than it is now. Again even more so on the WOF tour. That just fucking nailed that song musically. Imagine it with Axl?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/89105598/Guns-N-Roses-goes-off-with-only-nine-noise-complaints

9 noise complaints last night. 

Less than the 27 noise complaints caused by AC/DC a few years ago according to the article :lol:

I like the caption underneath the 2nd pic 'Sea of fans rocking at the concert' when it's literally people leaving after the show with the flood lights on haha

Amazing review with official numbers...

More than 50000 fuckers were there...

To be real Guns n Roses with Slash and Duff is the biggest hard rock band on the planet Earth...With these numbers,they grossed more than Metallicas the best selling tour "Dead magnetic"...Also with this percentage they will be over ACDC biggest tour...

http://www.ambientlightblog.com/guns-n-roses-auckland-nz-2017/

Edited by gnrkoncerti
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Regarding the media reviews. They are often praise November Rain and we on the messsge boards complaining about it(Axl's vocal). Well it has improved since 2016. But can anyone who had attending a GNR concert recently explain how November Rain sounds live?

It's forgetful until Slash hits all of his solos. Then it's great to hear him play that song. But the vocals kinda go in one ear and out the other...they don't isolate Axl enough in the song for him to shine and he doesn't sing loud enough to be memorable on the song. Sometimes they play it too fast so Axl is just running through words...it really should be more of a highlight than it is. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

It's forgetful until Slash hits all of his solos. Then it's great to hear him play that song. But the vocals kinda go in one ear and out the other...they don't isolate Axl enough in the song for him to shine and he doesn't sing loud enough to be memorable on the song. Sometimes they play it too fast so Axl is just running through words...it really should be more of a highlight than it is. 

I think this is a very fair and objective analysis of it from my recollection.  The first time I saw it in Vegas, I was still in that sureal awe and shock this was happening.  But, looking at videos ever since then including the most recent one....I would agree with this, well said.  

15 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I think this is a very fair and objective analysis of it from my recollection.  The first time I saw it in Vegas, I was still in that sureal awe and shock this was happening.  But, looking at videos ever since then including the most recent one....I would agree with this, well said.  

I just think if they would go back and work on it acoustically first they would find better tempo and Axl would hopefully see how important his vocals are to the song. A lot of the synths take his voice out of it or cause it to blend in. So I say they bare bones the song and rebuild it live so it has more of a touch on the show. 

29 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I just think if they would go back and work on it acoustically first they would find better tempo and Axl would hopefully see how important his vocals are to the song. A lot of the synths take his voice out of it or cause it to blend in. So I say they bare bones the song and rebuild it live so it has more of a touch on the show. 

You mean like this? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

I spent time to search for the first Vegas show thread.

Damn, must be a really memorable and emotional time that the audiences were in tears because of Coma.

I watched it happen live through periscope and my jaw dropped it was so unexpected..can't imagine what it would've been like to be there.