Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

20 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I keep hearing people saying, ''the only thing that matters is Axl and Slash'', yet, the pertinent news item made,

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/izzy-stradlin-says-he-isnt-involved-with-guns-n-roses-reunion-because-they-didnt-want-to-split-the-loot-equally/

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-09-08/izzy-stradlin-guns-n-roses-absence-axl-rose-lineup

and the fact this very thread is forty-seven pages long tells you something.

I''ve never said the only thing that matters is Axl and Slash. The fact that this thread is 47 pages long tells me exactly what I said in my original post, which is "Izzy gets way more attention than he fucking deserves (in regards to anything GNR related)". That's it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

But he never did like touring did he?

I do not think that is strictly true. Immediately after quitting the Illusion World Tour in late 1991, he immediately went on his own world tour 1992-3. That does not strike me as the actions of a man who hates international touring per se. I think he hated many aspects of the Illusion tour, the lateness and drugs, associated with the 'excesses' at the time. Probably he did prefer smaller venues also.

2 minutes ago, melonhead87 said:

Exactly. He hasnt done a tour since 92-93

How many world tours as Melissa done?

Is the reunion tour now some sort of finishing school, towards which you have to pass various quotas of touring before being accepted?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Bruh you are wasting your time providing facts. Izzy isn't onboard with Axl. Hence we must now all hate and belittle Izzy. (You seriously can't make this stuff up),

You're being a bit hypocritical here man. There's no difference between a blind loyalist of Axl and a blind loyalist of Izzy.

The only fact, bruh, is Izzy said he isn't getting enough loot for whatever role he was asked to play. 

Nobody (at least not me anyway) is hating or belittling Izzy. I'm personally a huge fan of his. But I think he's 100% wrong in his thinking and especially the way he went about it. And I'm just calling him and the blind loyalists on it. He fucked this up 100%. Next time Axl fucks up, I'll say exactly the same thing. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

Izzy gets way more attention than he fucking deserves (in regards to anything GNR related)

You must be kidding me, I hope you know we are talking about Izzy Stradlin here, not Chris Pitman or the Smurf. 

way more attention than he fucking deserves? I hope you know he was one of the main song writers and one of the founding members of the band.

Without him there would be no AFD and no illusions and same thing with the other members too, you need all of them to make what they did. 

Guns N' Roses was never Axl's band or just Slash's band. 

• Like 2

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I do not think that is strictly true. Immediately after quitting the Illusion World Tour in late 1991, he immediately went on his own world tour 1992-3. That does not strike me as the actions of a man who hates international touring per se. I think he hated many aspects of the Illusion tour, the lateness and drugs, associated with the 'excesses' at the time. Probably he did prefer smaller venues also.

How many world tours as Melissa done?

Is the reunion tour now some sort of finishing school, towards which you have to pass various quotas of touring before being accepted?

No were(or maybe just me) speculating on why GNR might have been hesitant to bring him on for a full tour given everything from leaving the tour in 91, saying he wasnt big on stadium tours, not ever touring his own music sans 92-93, and the risk of him leaving tour again for whatever reason. (Melissa for all intents and purposes stands there and bobs her head for a couple hours)

Like I posted before, Axl teased us about a reunion 5 years ago without Izzy n' Steven.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/axl_would_only_reform_gnr_with_slash_and_duff.html

An official Guns N' Roses reformation at the 2012 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame seems increasingly unlikely after Axl Roseexpressed an obvious lack of interest. The singer told the LA Times that he understands the why the fans want a reunion, but made his feelings about the lineup clear.

Curiously, he suggested that he would be more likely to reform with Slash and Duff McKagan than Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler. "Really, you can get guys from the 'Illusion' thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really," Axl said. "It's nothing against Izzy and it's nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I'm working with right now, they work really hard and it's hard work. I've toured with the other guys and I've also seen what they've done since, and I just know the difficulties." "I don't have an excitement to work with people that joined in the 'Illusion' time," he said. "There's behind the scenes that was really, really difficult there with different ones. So it's not really even a full reunion." He also explained that his friendship with Slash had been difficult since the day they met.

• Like 1

Well he even said that the new band are working hard than ever and Duff likes to take challenges, what challenge? A Challenge to play his own bass lines? 

Really sometimes Axl is very delusional. Yeah they were working very hard by not having freedom to do anything and just covering songs from the past 25 years. 

Izzy never saw Axl's solo band as Guns N' Roses. He did those guest shows for fun and yeah for the money, even Duff din't see that as Guns N' Roses. 

So If Izzy is asking for equal money in his own band, then its nothing wrong. 

Money is just a part of life, not everything in life. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, melonhead87 said:

Trollling hard or super delusional. If you think Axl came off like a douche in the interview youre part of the problem as to why GNR never do promos

Melonhead87........ Axl is a complete and total cunt, he always was, and always will be. He is a great frontman, and we love him for his contribution to GNR but he can be a total dick at times. Also, just because someone disagrees with you, it does not mean they are trolling....

Edited by GNR1975
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GNR1975 said:

Melonhead87........ Axl is a complete and total cunt, he always was, and always will be. He is a great frontman, and we love him for his contribution to GNR but he can be a total dick at times. Also, just because someone disagrees with you, it does not make them a hooray for tolerance! you dumbass!

So you call someone a cunt and a dumbass, but Axl is the dick?

You don't know these people. Seems pretty harsh to place that kind of judgement. You have no clue as to what happened and why things played out the way it did. No one here on either side can make that call. 

There's a reason why these guys don't do interviews. It serves no purpose but people picking apart statements, to try and boost whatever side of the fence they're on and create negative vibes online. It's why they never publicly come around here. We can't have nice things

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, GNR1975 said:

Melonhead87........ Axl is a complete and total cunt, he always was, and always will be. He is a great frontman, and we love him for his contribution to GNR but he can be a total dick at times. Also, just because someone disagrees with you, it does not mean they are trolling....

These are two different statements. 

Edited by Reclamation Project

I dont get it ... If Axl wanted to keep the nuGnR members so he could benefit more, the same would have happened if he recruited Izzy and Steven...the ticket prices would be higher and more crowd would attend so he would earn the same amount of money plus the fans and Izzy and Steven would be happy... 

It wouldnt be 3mil per show..it would be 5mil....

I just dont get it.....

13 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I dont get it ... If Axl wanted to keep the nuGnR members so he could benefit more, the same would have happened if he recruited Izzy and Steven...the ticket prices would be higher and more crowd would attend so he would earn the same amount of money plus the fans and Izzy and Steven would be happy... 

It wouldnt be 3mil per show..it would be 5mil....

I just dont get it.....

Theoretically yes, their guarantee per show would increase to fit everyone's demand. However a promoter would have to increase ticket prices even more so, and would have to determine how many of those tickets they could sell to make a profit. Also how many they would have to sell to break even. They could determine that demand couldn't be reached at those prices, and they'd be no show under that scenario. The band would have to come down from their guarantee and people would have to take less $. 

You're also assuming that the 3 make equal $ now. If there's a bigger pot, it could just as well be split according the % that's already agreed upon. 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gunnerpr said:

Like I posted before, Axl teased us about a reunion 5 years ago without Izzy n' Steven.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/axl_would_only_reform_gnr_with_slash_and_duff.html

An official Guns N' Roses reformation at the 2012 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame seems increasingly unlikely after Axl Roseexpressed an obvious lack of interest. The singer told the LA Times that he understands the why the fans want a reunion, but made his feelings about the lineup clear.

Curiously, he suggested that he would be more likely to reform with Slash and Duff McKagan than Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler. "Really, you can get guys from the 'Illusion' thing, but the only thing that would make it would be Duff and Slash, really," Axl said. "It's nothing against Izzy and it's nothing against Steven, or anything like that. Steven may want it, but these guys I'm working with right now, they work really hard and it's hard work. I've toured with the other guys and I've also seen what they've done since, and I just know the difficulties." "I don't have an excitement to work with people that joined in the 'Illusion' time," he said. "There's behind the scenes that was really, really difficult there with different ones. So it's not really even a full reunion." He also explained that his friendship with Slash had been difficult since the day they met.

Was Axl trying to say that it was hard to work with Gilby behind the scenes? Axls statements are very cryptic and confusing...I will never understand this guy.

20 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Theoretically yes, their guarantee per show would increase to fit everyone's demand. However a promoter would have to increase ticket prices even more so, and would have to determine how many of those tickets they could sell to make a profit. Also how many they would have to sell to break even. They could determine that demand couldn't be reached at those prices, and they'd be no show under that scenario. The band would have to come down from their guarantee and people would have to take less $. 

You're also assuming that the 3 make equal $ now. If there's a bigger pot, it could just as well be split according the % that's already agreed upon. 

yeah sure i get that... but I still think they would be able to sell the requested amount if Steven and Izzy were in...

Regarding the % thing... the bigger pot would imply having a contract compatible with Izzy steven situation right? Otherwise it would be a breach... or am I not understaing it right/.

17 minutes ago, maxpax said:
2 hours ago, gunnerpr said:

Was Axl trying to say that it was hard to work with Gilby behind the scenes? Axls statements are very cryptic and confusing...I will never understand this guy.

I figured it was Matt. But who knows? Maybe it was both.

7 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

yeah sure i get that... but I still think they would be able to sell the requested amount if Steven and Izzy were in...

Regarding the % thing... the bigger pot would imply having a contract compatible with Izzy steven situation right? Otherwise it would be a breach... or am I not understaing it right/.

Prob not at 5mil per gig. That's not really a realistic figure for a tour. Maybe a one-off situation. Promoter needs to make a certain amount of $ and mitigate risks. They have to take all risk to get sell outs and in the end prob make peanuts in that situation. It's not worth it on that side. 

I'm saying the 3 of them now might not be splitting equally. Having a bigger pot w the other two, doesn't mean they'd all want to do it that way. There might not be as much financial benefit for one of the members to deal with that added situation. 

I think this whole situation was complicated enough. Having to finagle 2 more members w demands in rev splits, merch, etc... could have folded the whole thing.

We should be grateful it got to this point. They made offers to the other 2. That means they wanted them involved. Something that was unimaginable 10 yrs ago. 

In the mean time, we got this awesome hybrid lineup. They just got through a North American stadium tour w no hiccups and mostly positive reviews. They are relevant again on the music scene. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

Be honest..did you think Axl should air their financial talks in an interview?

What other bands do? 

Idk to me me he tried to be vague and even said he wasn't bashing Izzy. 

Perhaps there's more to it?

Two sides to every story. Is it our business what they get paid?

Not really. Did we or were we told Izzy was gonna be there?

Finally he said they as in plural why bash Axl? 

Do you know all the details?

Are you jumping to conclusions?

Just wondering.

you make some good points 

his last comment of saying whatever that may be is his thing alludes to him being flaky, not into it, unsupportive etc 

guarantee things get thrown out of context and izzy is misunderstood 

its the exact same thing as 91 on why he left 

axl being a dictator and being very cut throat, cheap + selfish with the loot 

plural means that duff and slash just went along with it - but we all know its mostly or all because of how axl conducts himself 

45 minutes ago, maxpax said:

he's talking about sorum bash talking about him behind the scenes which probably was exagerrated 

i remember him saying this and thinking wow, what a sell out to izzy - seen what they've done since... axl for your info - izzy's solo work is 1000 times better than the piece of overproduced layered shit that is Chinese democracy