Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

4 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

Ok can you please explain me what Slash and Duff did for GNR over the past 20 years except taking royalties? Axl was the only guy working his ass off for this band.

Oh I agree Axl has worked the hardest at keeping the GnR name and branding tact. And for quite a while he was the only one that carried the band on. Axl is GnR. 

Slash and Duff have mainly done some behind the scenes things with it. But regardless they worked hard to remain in that partnership. When Izzy left they stayed. And they have also helped with this reunion. 

I'm also gonna bet Axl's cut is more as it should be 

9 minutes ago, AlterL said:

I still like both Axl & Izzy, I still think he was more important in the creation of the songs than Slash even if he is indeed more popular however that doesn't change the fact that from a marketing point of view it makes no sense to give him that much money when he doesn't bring nearly as much to the table. I'm not saying he's worthless just unnecessary from a marketing point of view, just like every tour post 1991 proved, so why exactly should he get more money than he already earns from the work that he actually did when he's obviousmy not worth it.

'Marketing'!! This is the area of the promoters. Who cares about marketing? This is - was - a band, and should be about music. But accepting your argument, I tell you what is one of the best marketing slogans: ''Reunion Tour''; a ''Reunion of line up X''. The NITLT can never use that.

Edited by DieselDaisy

18 minutes ago, ksks12 said:

Really? Please enlighten us. The guy who wrote/cowrote 60%/70% of their material isn't supposed to be paid fairly? 

Ok than let them put out all of his songs out of the setlist. You know: brownstone, otgm, nightrain, dc, ycbm, patience, scom, dtj,...........

Your mistaking fairly and equal. Your also assuming the offers made to him weren't fair.

Again also assuming Axl who has carried the band and brand and never left a single day should be paid the same as a guy or guys who didnt.

Again your also forgetting Axl's writing.

Imo Slash and Duff due to them remaining in the partnership get more than Izzy.

It has nothing to do with who did what 30 years ago it's about what he is and or will do now.

Scom? The song Axl wrote for his ex wife?

Edited by BOSSY78
added

1 minute ago, BOSSY78 said:

Your mistaking fairly and equal. Your also assuming the offers made to him weren't fair.

Again also assuming Axl who has carried the band and brand and never left a single day should be paid the same as a guy or guys who didnt.

It has nothing to do with who did what 30 years ago it's about what he is and or will do now.

...more like destroyed the band!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

Ok can you please explain me what Slash and Duff did for GNR over the past 20 years except taking royalties? Axl was the only guy working his ass off for this band.

They fought to maintain some degree of right to the name and control how it was used, took part in Live Era, were as protective as they could be in regards to how the name was used or how old music was used. Basically the Axl, Slash and Duff managed the GNR name/back catalog for the last 20 years. They were still actively involved in the GNR brand, to some degree. 

• Like 1

I understand what you want to say, but please don't be so naive. Axl was always like that towards Izzy. Remember 1993 when he briefly came back an Axl thought he was back for good? After that he continuously dedicated some dtj to him:)lol.

and while we are it, you are welcome to find some old you tube clips where Axl introduces Patience as song written by mr.stradlin.

my 2 cents: izzy is still Axls best/childhood friend and he doesn't take this last development very easily.

Edited by ksks12

3 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

They fought to maintain some degree of right to the name and control how it was used, took part in Live Era, were as protective as they could be in regards to how the name was used or how old music was used. Basically the Axl, Slash and Duff managed the GNR name/back catalog for the last 20 years. They were still actively involved in the GNR brand, to some degree. 

According to Axl, Slash and Duff were actively trying to destroy Guns N' Roses, what he believed was Guns N' Roses at least!

5 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

Scom? The song Axl wrote for his ex wife?

Scom? Izzys rhythm wich developed into song.

I can see where are you coming from and I tend to agree with some of it. 

At the end of the day we both like the same band:) 

• Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

According to Axl, Slash and Duff were actively trying to destroy Guns N' Roses, what he believed was Guns N' Roses at least!

By fighting him on things. They were on different sides but both sides cared about the GNR brand, even if they had different opinions on how it should be used. 

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

...more like destroyed the band!

Sure why don't we AL blame Axl.

Let's forget all the drugs most of the members were addicted to.  Let's also all forget Izzy not wanting to be around the drugs , Let's forget all the overdoses. Let's also forget the only band member who came to the hospital and sat with them when they overdosed.

Let's also forget when Axl recently said while reunited that Slash lied in his book about things. And he told Slash that.

Axl isn't perfect but he wasn't solely responsible for the bands breakup.

In fact because Axl carried the band on they now have many young fans.

• Like 1

Just now, BOSSY78 said:

Sure why don't we AL blame Axl.

Let's forget all the drugs most of the members were addicted to.  Let's also all forget Izzy not wanting to be around the drugs , Let's forget all the overdoses. Let's also forget the only band member who came to the hospital and sat with them when they overdosed.

Let's also forget when Axl recently said while reunited that Slash lied in his book about things. And he told Slash that.

Axl isn't perfect but he wasn't solely responsible for the bands breakup.

In fact because Axl carried the band on they now have many young fans.

What? Because of Chinese Democracy haha?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ksks12 said:

I understand what you want to say, but please don't be so naive. Axl was always like that towards Izzy. Remember 1993 when he briefly came back an Axl thought he was back for good? After that he continuously dedicated some dtj to him:)lol.

and while we are it, you are welcome to find some old you tube clips where Axl introduces Patience as song written by mr.stradlin.

my 2 cents: izzy is still Axls best/childhood friend and he doesn't take this last development very easily.

I agree. Well said. 

Axl didn't bad mouth him. He likely didn't mention the money thing for that reason. Also for all we know it may not even be Axl who this issue is with. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

What? Because of Chinese Democracy haha?

Because of their music on a whole which includes CD. 

1 minute ago, BOSSY78 said:

I agree. Well said. 

Axl didn't bad mouth him. He likely didn't mention the money thing for that reason. Also for all we know it may not even be Axl who this issue is with. 

Because of their music on a whole which includes CD. 

How did Axl and his Nugnr shit recruit new fans - I'd love to know this? CD was a turkey, while the old music would have attracted young fans regardless of Axl's circus of freaks. Greatest Hits probably did the most at proliferating the old stuff among youngsters, and Axl tried to veto that release.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

How did Axl and his Nugnr shit recruit new fans - I'd love to know this? CD was a turkey, while the old music would have attracted young fans regardless of Axl's circus of freaks. Greatest Hits probably did the most at proliferating the old stuff among youngsters, and Axl tried to veto that release.

Because apparently people disagree that CD was a turkey and actually liked it, though I'm not one of them.

Just now, Modano09 said:

Not to just some degree, they all had full control of that era of the band. Think about all the legal fees alone they fronted to manage that situation over the years. That alone, should be reason enough. Nobody is taking anything away from Izzy. He wrote great songs and still gets paid to this day for them. If anyone, he's the one who's been collecting checks on the residuals.

What has he done since he left to help grow the brand/band from that era? He didn't have as much leverage in the situation.  He wanted nothing to do with GNR post 1991, and you can argue he wanted nothing to do in working his solo efforts to maintain his own career. Maybe if he had a different philosophy on that matter, he'd have more? If Slash/Duff didn't work their ass off to maintain their careers and slipped into obscurity, do you think they'd have the same leverage as today? Same thing with Axl. Everyone got to the table and looked to see what they could get. Some guys liked what they saw, and another person didn't. Doesn't mean anyone's at fault. It's a business, with millions of dollars on the line. No one is going to force anyone into bad deal. The amount of animosity and resentment that would arise in that scenario could have derail the whole thing forever. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

'Marketing'!! This is the area of promoters Who cares about marketing? This is - was - a band, and should be about music. But accepting your argument, I tell you what is one of the best marketing slogans: ''Reunion Tour''; a ''Reunion of line up X''. The NITLT can never use that.

Tell if something would you cut your pay in half for a friend who's inclusion would be insecure at best? Don't misunderstand me I love Izzy and his music, but if one guy is bringing a million, and another one a thousand or ten, why should the other guy walkout with half a million when he only brings ten thousands? He can't even be promoted for guest apparences because he might not show up to those if he has the chance. even to his friends this seems to be an issue, considering he apparently was supposed to be in even more GN'R shows than he was during past tours.

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Because apparently people disagree that CD was a turkey and actually liked it, though I'm not one of them.

This..

Not everyone dislikes it. I happen to like some of the songs on CD quite a bit.

Axl kept performing the music to which yes some didn't agree with. Just as many don't agree with why he kept the name or his deserving to.

I remember why the band was called Guns N Roses and it had nothing to do with any other member from the classic lineup.

Oh and I'd want to protect my companies interests from junkies as well. Even if the junkies were a huge part of it. The fact remains they were very bad on drugs.

5 minutes ago, drtydane said:

Lol. Why didn't duff get offered less instead of Izzy, cuz he was friendly with Axl and played with Slash? Fuckin bullshit. The big three should def include Stradlin..

Because he didn't wash his hands of the band entirely 25 years ago.