11/05/16 Buenos Aires, AR - River Plate Stadium *2nd Show*

gunsguy

23 minutes ago, Cughall'a said:

Yeah... I know what you mean, but... that's the game! Is a great crowd, with all the chanting, and the jumping, but... it cames with these avalanches.

I gues other countries are more "civilized" in the pit, but... I was in Córdoba for Aerosmith and it was so boring! The pit was full of young cute ladies holding up their cellphones... It was so "pecho frío"...

I mean... ACDC released an official DVD with divided screen, to show the audience. Come on'! That's cool!

But... I know... I know what you mean... Actually I had Platea Alta for Rosario.

I think theres a tiny difference between just being a pecho frio and arriving 10 minutes before the show and bully your way to the stage. Those people to me are not energetic fans or anything cool, just assholes that get together with 10 of their other assholes friends and think they own the fuckin place. It might look cool on a DVD (i love the acdc DVD at River btw) but it doesnt take away the fact that many people do it not for the music but just to get as close to the stage as they can. Oh, how passionate! If they want to be close to the stage thats cool, but then show your passion for the band waking up early and waiting 10 hs for the doors to open. I went with my sister and I couldve deal with that shit being 1.86 m tall but seeing my 1.6 m tall sister right in the middle of that shit was not so fun. I still recognize thats the whole thing about being in a concert in this country, I just hate how sometimes "passion" is just used as an excuse for being a dick. Barrabravas come to my mind, its great watching them on tv (or better if you are sittng in thr platea) singing the songs for their club and celebrating each goal, making it quite a show by itself, but at the end of the day they are plain thugs. 

• Like 3

Well, Axl's voice was pretty weak in the beginning of the US leg due to a lack of practice, I guess, so it's still a bit early to criticize, especially since yesterday's show was pretty decent. I'd give it another 2 weeks or so to judge if it's gone for good.

Everything else is pretty much as good as it gets imo, Slash and Duff are gods, Axl's owning the crowd and the background musicians are doing well.

Now let's focus on the positive: Axl has lost a lot of weight and is looking younger. :lol: Slash is even more active onstage, so he seems to be enjoying it. Also, if Axl really is sick and there's something medically wrong with his voice or whatever, then hats off to him for not cancelling a single show, powering through every night and trying his best to please the fans and the band. I mean, if that really is the case, then it excuses the fact that they only play one song per show with Adler, simply because Axl can't handle any more right now. I'd prefer it if he takes it easy and preserves his voice to pushing it too hard and risking losing it completely.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

I was on a 2012 gig. Axl full of Mickey. It was my first big concert and the first time i saw Axl Rose front on me, i was in the first row via VIP Ticket. It was absoluty mind blowing. People were talkin about Guns before and after the show. I drove with the bus back to the hotel and the bus was full of people and suddenly all starting to sing "Take me down to the paradise city..." it was amazing. The experience to see Axl Rose live is absoluty mindblowing. No YouTube Video in HD or 4k can show the experience and the fun.  It was a cool show with alot of fun... I dont care if Axl Rose on Mickey. It was amazing... And now Slash & Duff are back.. I can't wait for the europe gigs.

Imagine mygnrforum in 1992 . Voice is too rapsy.. sound shit, Sweet Child O Mine too rapsy shit. AfD line up is better, Matt sucks, Gilby sucks. Slash is out of tune, boring 20 minutes drum solo, backing singers sucks, fucking hot pants sucks, Mr. Brownstone always the second song BORING! Paradise City always last song BORING! Same setlist in 1992 BORING!!! bla bla bla bla bla

... I can relate to that. I am usually pretty good at being positive and accepting life as it is, but the Drum Solos of Doom would trip me up. Especially at the age I was in 92. I was an angry child. I would have lost interest one minute into the drum solo much less trying to make it through the whole thing :)

1 hour ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Perfectly said.

It's just dumb to complain about other people's complaints.  Some posters here want to act like forum police, when we have mods and admins.

Seriously, these people should get a grip, shut the the fuck up and let others say whatever they want.  The "why u complain, enjoy what u have" type of posts only derail threads.

What an ironic comment.

You say "let others say whatever they want" but you want others to "shut the fuck up". Which is it? Should people be able to post their opinions or should they not be allowed to post their opinions? Kind of the point about allowing people to be free to express themselves. People are free to express themselves back. As far as I am aware as long as the other poster is going after the opinion and not personally attacking the poster then it is okay though I do get how it can be tough for the mods as sometimes the line can be blurred.

5 hours ago, Asia said:

From what you're saying, though, even if Axl would only occasionaly fart to the mike, we should be nothing but screams of joy, gratitutde and appreciation because the whole experience of going there is so incredible. I mean I don't criticize Axl's voice, it is what it is and I find it quite OK recently but there are some things that I or some other posters think could be better and for fuck's sake we have a right to think so and to talk about it, we're not obliged to just worship them whatever happens cause they've reunited. I mean that's great, no doubt but that doesn't mean we have to love everything they do.  Really allow people to have their opinions. If every negative comment wouldn't be immediately attacked by groups of "you little whiny bitch: always think positive, always be happy and extatic no matter what" posters, these negative comments wouldn't turn into 60 pages long discussions of complaining about compaining.

No doubt this is a great thing they're together and I am sure for those who go it's a great experience. But let's be honest. If only Axl was willing to move his ass off that fucking million dollar leather couch with golden legs that he's probably sitting on with his nanny and her kins most of the time and go to the rehearsals, he could first work a little more on his voice and how to sing certain songs, second they could work more on the setlist changes or rotations,  they could rehearse and add the UYI deep cuts to the set (I don't think they can actually add Breakdown that Axl sang last 25 years ago without trying it out with him first), not to mention he could work on some of Slash's solo stuff to enrich the setlist, not to mention rehearsing is a great occasion to come up with a new song.

Appetite is a great record, no doubt, but it's 30 years old and Axl singing Jungle while kilograms of gold are dripping down his chubby figure dressed in 8000 dollar worth jeans is just as convincing as politicians claimig they understand the poor and will make their lives better if only they win the elections. I know Jungle probably needs to be there no matter what becasue it is such a hit but still they could make these shows much less nostalgic and much more relevant and convincing if only they put some more work into it, even without releasing the new album right now. And yes, I would like to see this. What's wrong with that? Why am I not allowed to say it? I'd love to see a setlist that has Breakdown, Locomotive, Dead Horse, Bad Apples, Slither, By the Sword, Oh My God, even Madagscar and Street of Dreams, The Garden, Yesterdays, You're crazy instead of songs that have been played to death in the last 30 years. Instead of the covers played a million times now they could work out something new, if they like to play covers. Why the fuck not? Why are we not allowed to expect more work from people who take a million dollars for one 2 and a half hours show?

It's obvious everybody is happy the reunion happened and enjoying it but that doesn't mean noone is allowed to ask for more when for the first time in decades there is unlimited possibilities.

But asking and complaining in every single damn thread?

we all get it.

but over and over and over is killing this board.  There is never anything new or insightful.

• Like 1