METALLICA's KIRK HAMMETT Says GUNS N' ROSES Has 'Turned Into Somewhat Of A Nostalgia Act'

On ‎11‎-‎11‎-‎2016 at 3:57 PM, @xlRose said:

why does he talk about gnr? talk about your band and your next record, always bitching about gnr, he tries to make the band smaller while making it bigger, always jealous of them because GNR with doing less are more succesfull

Since when is Kirk known for saying bad things about anyone, let alone gn'r. he's good friends with slash and with other gn'r members i'm sure and he's nothing but a nice guy. You really can't make that argument with him. Just because he says something negative doesn't mean he isn't allowed to have his own opinion. Besides, he's not dissing gn'r, he is stating a fact! it's not even a opinion, it's the truth.

Like axl would say in sorry:

"Truth is the truth hurts don't you agree"

but then again, there's a big case to be made about the band just getting back together. let's see if in one year time they manage to do more than touring. for now i'm very happy but i'd like it to move forward.

Let's see.

What's happening now is pretty amazing and not a lot of people saw this coming, so i respect and agree with kirk, but i'm hopeful for the future.

Edited by Ifdworld

I already came to the same results as Hammet after DJ Ashba joined GN'R… I couldn't see any kind of motivation for a new studio album. The loss of Robin, Buckethead, Brain and now Tommy and Chris is bigger than we tought.

Edited by Sosso

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

If a possible new album sounds like the few new jams they do I wouldn't be that sure about Izzy.

Of course is Izzy an important part but by people's behavior it's like Axl, Slash and Duff never released something on their own. Izzy isn't creditet on every Guns song and Axl and Slash were similar important to the Guns sound.

No but it's not like the 3 of them have been able to successfully make music without Izzy either. 

43 minutes ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

Why does this have 10 pages of comments? Kirks spot on simple as. 

Because for some reason people have to argue everything, even when they're wrong. The sky is clearly blue but some have to argue it's green. 

Gnr is a nostalgia act. Plain and simple. Until we see new music I don't see any logical argument otherwise. But most people are ok with it for now because they're still getting their fill of Axl and Slash being on stage and being friends again. 

Eventually it'll die down and we'll be back to complaining about the lack of new music soon enough..

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

history shows Izzy was crucial to any Guns album when he was still around. Hell... one of his tunes could still be released on a future Guns album (Down By The Ocean)

Completely right about that... but so was Axl, and so was Slash, and so was even Duff. 

It's silly to argue about who was more important to the creative side of GnR, Slash or Izzy. 

Huge GNR fan , but for everyone saying GNR just got back together this year , I don't believe it!

It occurred to me when we realized each show had city specific artwork and litho's.....think about it people....all this merchandise produced in that short of a time period????? The stage??? Posters and billboards in the big citys??? All this was happening well before this year!!!

Things were going on long before Axl and Slash "buried the hatchet" or at least before Slash came out and said it.

Theres a interview with Fortus at the end of last summer with him saying there were going to be big things in 2016.....we all just assumed it was the same yadda , yadda! 

Mr hammet do u really said those words?? I know u guys r tryin to be on the media/news to promote yourselfs and all. But youre making a real fool of yourself.

I know it most be hard for u guys to see GUNS N' ROSES at the top again, and charging more than twice there metallica fee per show. ( totally worth it), .. It must be hard to know that, again, if u guys and gnr shares a tour or a festival, again, u guys will be playing BEFORE the greatest band in the world. And of course, the enormes succes and current media relevance of gnr..   

But u guys should change your publicist or something and please o please write something decent ( last metallica record i kind'a enjoyed was the one with de s.f orchestraorchestra)..,since then, all pure horse sh.. t .. And it has been like 18 years . so the real nostalgia act here is going to a show of a band that didnt split and yet haves nothing remotely  "new-good-fresh" to show us since 18 years a go., and i repeat "U GUYS DIDNT SPLIT OR WHATEVER SO WHAT'S YOURE EXCUSE FOR SUCH A AWEFULL SET OF ALBUMS??"

Plus thats not even  "metallica feeling",  lars is a huge chinese democracy fan, he said on an interview " i love the álbum, im really in to it", plus he played with axls guns on 2007.

And get ready for another major assk..when gnr decide to give us a new album.

30 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Jesus, the crazies are out I see. Full moon tonight?

Metallica are crazy saying they aren't a nostalgia act at this point. They are living in a bubble, creating themselves and throwing it out there like the truth. Why the wrench? Because fuck you, that's why. And the rock media and drone fans lap it up. 

Edited by wasted
Trump upside yo head
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They do not have to say they ''aren't a nostalgia act'': they are about to put out a new album in one week's time!!

Putting out albums doesn't mean you aren't a nostalgia act. 

GNR are doing a reunion tour and have been on a gh tour since 11. But here are Metallica acting like they are somehow significantly different. That shines the light back on them. And the lights they shine so bright!

• Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Well that is merely your subjective opinion, and the album isn't even out yet so we cannot ascertain its contents.

Death Magnetic was a nostalgia album.

So how much better are they than Guns whose last album was pretty progressive sound wise. Not resting much on nostalgia. 

I'll give them an unreleased album. But does that warrant shitting on the GNR reunion? Are they really that awesome, revolutionary badasses. No they have sold out to hard rock with Load when thrash faded. 

3 minutes ago, wasted said:

Guns whose last album was pretty progressive sound wise.

I disagree. It is just a bunch of '90s rock and ballads with farts on top. I suppose Metallica could have added farts on top of Death Magnetic and that may have been labelled 'progressive' in some quarters, but I'm rather glad they didn't?

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I disagree. It is just a bunch of '90s rock and ballads with farts on top. I suppose Metallica could have added farts on top of Death Magnetic and that may have been labelled 'progressive' in some quarters, but I'm rather glad they didn't?

Farts are not nostalgia. 

90s rock like Korn and NIN is not nostalgia for the peak of GNR. It's not nostalgia. 

I'll concede that the Reunion tour is a nostalgia fest. But it's a reunion tour. 

But mainly Metallica need to shut up before wikileaks exposes them for the nostalgia sellouts they are. 

Edited by wasted
Nostalgia of thrash

16 minutes ago, wasted said:

Farts are not nostalgia. 

90s rock like Korn and NIN is not nostalgia for the peak of GNR. It's not nostalgia. 

I'll concede that the Reunion tour is a nostalgia fest. But it's a reunion tour. 

If progressiveness is merely imitating the then current - and quite dreadful - musical milieu, in this instance 1990s rock (e.g. NIN and Korn), then I believe I do not like progressiveness. I was under the, clearly mistaken impression, that progressiveness was about creating new things!

16 minutes ago, wasted said:

But mainly Metallica need to shut up before wikileaks exposes them for the nostalgia sellouts they are. 

So nostalgic that their fanbase can go to the shops on November 18th and buy a new album of brand spanking new tracks, meanwhile, where are Guns fans? Visa on the same exact setlist played every single night, based upon a discography as small as a bee's penis.

You cannot go into a store in one week's time and buy a new GN'R album. Metallica fan's have that pleasure, in regards to their band that is.

Edited by DieselDaisy