Merry Christmas

Dazey

9 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I am working night shifts on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day and also New Years Eve and New Years Day. :( 

It does get me out of having to go to the in-laws though and having to join in with all of their Xmas traditions that I hate :lol:

aww you could come to my house it's only a short hop across the pond then allllll the way across the states :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I am working night shifts on Christmas Eve and Boxing Day and also New Years Eve and New Years Day. :( 

It does get me out of having to go to the in-laws though and having to join in with all of their Xmas traditions that I hate :lol:

Well that truly sucks.

But thank you so much for doing what you do.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

aww you could come to my house it's only a short hop across the pond then allllll the way across the states :)

I might get on the plane you know :lol: Don't worry, I couldn't handle the anxiety when I flew to NY a few years ago, I've avoided aeroplanes since. Christmas in the US looks way better than here, I don't think we go to that same level when it comes to decorations and everything. I am judging from all the movies though lol. 

5 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Well that truly sucks.

Yes, it definitely sucks, but I'm used to it. Relatives and patients feel sorry for us so bring us mountains of chocolate and biscuits, so it's not all bad :lol: 

Thank you for saying that  :hug:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

do they play it for 24 hours straight like they do here? :P

Over here they play The Great Escape for some reason!  Not that I'm complaining, one of my favourite movies!

HILTS, COOLER!

*Lens struts off doing his best Steve McQueen impersonation*

:D

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I might get on the plane you know :lol: Don't worry, I couldn't handle the anxiety when I flew to NY a few years ago, I've avoided aeroplanes since. Christmas in the US looks way better than here, I don't think we go to that same level when it comes to decorations and everything. I am judging from all the movies though lol. 

Yes, it definitely sucks, but I'm used to it. Relatives and patients feel sorry for us so bring us mountains of chocolate and biscuits, so it's not all bad :lol: 

Thank you for saying that  :hug:

14 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Well that truly sucks.

well you are truly welcome anytime :) the mountains are almost always covered in snow. you can tell me if my mince pies ( did i get that right? :) ) are compared to the ones you have there ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

really? do you watch the whole 24 hours?? i watch it maybe 5 times, but it's mostly background stuff as i wrap presents and cook the standing rib roast and all the side dishes :lol:

Nah they just put it on the once :lol: 24 hours, fuck me, thats like a Gitmo torture technique, there's probably terrorists rolling around in their orange jumpsuits in a cage right now with their hands over their ears screaming to try and get The Great Escape tune out of their head.

• Like 1

so i am thinking of two trees this year. one for all my heirloom/family ornaments in my living room then one with just peacock decorations to put in my peacock room. i had been doing just the one tree with one half the family stuff and the other my peacock stuff but now that i have the room i think it might be cool to have two. does this sound ok?

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

well you are truly welcome anytime :) the mountains are almost always covered in snow. you can tell me if my mince pies ( did i get that right? :) ) are compared to the ones you have there ;)

Yeah, mince pies!! Aww, that's really sweet :) you can alway pop round mine for a cup of tea, not got any dramatic scenery unless you count being able to see Asda :lol:

• Like 1

I have to admit I actually started decorating for Xmas. I have about 20 bins of stuff so I started slowly. I found my Xmas lights so they are outside. I also got this very cool stake to put my new Nativity Scene because I want everyone to know it's Jesus's birthday and not to forget it.

I also have snowman flags and a cool outdoor rug. I started to put things on my dining room table and around the house. I will do my tree next. Thinking of putting it in front of my patio door this year. My husband put so many colorful lights on the back patio too, so we will be lighting up this year!

It's making me feel better just seeing my house decorated, so that's cool.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

do they play it for 24 hours straight like they do here? :P

Yes they sure do lol. But they edit out so many good scenes :max:

5 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

so i am thinking of two trees this year

Why not? I say go for it, the more Christmas-y the better. You said that room is all about opulence right? So it needs it's own themed Christmas tree :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Yes they sure do lol. But they edit out so many good scenes :max:

Why not? I say go for it, the more Christmas-y the better. You said that room is all about opulence right? So it needs it's own themed Christmas tree :)

thanks :) my bff has like 4-5 trees at her house, she is very creative. and it looks good... like a Christmas forest :)