06/02/17 - Lisbon, PT - Passeio Martimo De Alges

alfierose

1 minute ago, GNRfanJen said:

Had to step away for awhile to take care of some things. Last song I heard was Rocket Queen. How's it been since then? This thread doesn't seem too hyped at the moment...

It's become the 'Livenation: Axl Rose karaoke 2017 tour'

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

I'll never understand the leap people make in their minds of Axl's vocals. It's like as soon as he has a bad performance it's "his voice is gone." Like all previous performances over the last 12 months no longer exist.

Makes me sick.

It's because we know what he's capable off. When he's on form he's the greatest singer in rock! ACDC being a prime example.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AlexC said:

I'll never understand the leap people make in their minds of Axl's vocals. It's like as soon as he has a bad performance it's "his voice is gone." Like all previous performances over the last 12 months no longer exist.

Makes me sick.

Agreed. I think it was you (maybe not) who said people on here tend to have selective memory with Axl's voice. They seem to forget the AC/DC shows happened and how well he did with that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

Makes me sick.

There Is no dispute that he sounded 100% better with AC/DC than he does singing his own material. As far as bad performances are concerned, this Is the third gig on this leg of the tour and he doesn't sound that much different than he did In Dublin. He will most likely Improve somewhat over the next few months but we will not be getting the Axl that sang with AC/DC and that Is what people need to realize.

• Like 2

Just now, Axl_morris said:

It's because we know what he's capable off. When he's on form he's the greatest singer in rock! ACDC being a prime example.

Exactly. That's my point. It doesn't make any sense to me when people say he's lost his voice when he was singing incredibly well less than a year ago. I'm all for criticising him on performances. But I can't fucking stand it when people jump to insane conclusions as if one performance is the be all and end all of his current ability.

"Axl sounds bad on Coma therefore he's shit and can no longer sing." That is literally the logic of so many people. Fucking ridiculous.

• Like 1

Just now, killuridols said:

Yes. and even there there are some idiots who have to be bothering everybody else around.

Agreed, especially right before GNR goes on. I had this old, stinky, fat woman who was drunk with 3 other friends come pushing everyone trying to get on the rail by the cat walk. I really wanted to elbow her in the face, I didn't let her get by, I had been standing there since the doors opened. She wasn't moving me. She was just an asshole to everyone. She was really pissed I wouldn't move. She knew she was fat and short before she came in late pushing everyone around. Guess she had a great view of my back though lol

6 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Exactly. That's my point. It doesn't make any sense to me when people say he's lost his voice when he was singing incredibly well less than a year ago. I'm all for criticising him on performances. But I can't fucking stand it when people jump to insane conclusions as if one performance is the be all and end all of his current ability.

"Axl sounds bad on Coma therefore he's shit and can no longer sing." That is literally the logic of so many people. Fucking ridiculous.

But he sounds bad on Estranged, November Rain, You could Be Mine, Sweet Child and Paradise City. Most songs that casual fans enjoy, so when they hear how he sounds after listening to just one video, they automatically assume his voice Is shit on everything else.

Edited by ironmt

1 minute ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Agreed, especially right before GNR goes on. I had this old, stinky, fat woman who was drunk with 3 other friends come pushing everyone trying to get on the rail by the cat walk. I really wanted to elbow her in the face, I didn't let her get by, I had been standing there since the doors opened. She wasn't moving me. She was just an asshole to everyone. She was really pissed I wouldn't move. She knew she was fat and short before she came in late pushing everyone around. Guess she had a great view of my back though lol

Hey now don't make fun of us short folks now :lol: everything else I agree with though lol. If I knew I was going to be in the pit I was gonna be the first in line so my short ass could be right up front lol 

1 minute ago, ironmt said:

But he sounds bad on Estranged, November Rain, You could Be Mine, Sweet Child and Paradise City. Most songs that casual fans enjoy, so when they hear how he sounds after listening to just one video they automatically assume his voice Is shit on everything else.

To be fair November Rain isn't too bad, its clean but I think most people aren't that bothered, especially when they are singing along to the performance. 

I will criticize Axl if I feel it is warranted, but even if he comes out sounding dog rough in London in 2 weeks, it won't stop me from having an amazing night!

3 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

looooooool

There are people like that everywhere. Myself included :ph34r:

I arrived one hour before the show because my group of friends were there already and another friend of mine grabbed my arm and she started acting weird like she had another (imaginary) friend at the front and asking people to let her in and she got quite far, until some other girl saw her and was like "wtf! you shall not pass" :rofl-lol: and she cut me there, while my friend fooled another person and she got near the rail . I was left behind:smiley-confused2:

1 minute ago, GNRfanJen said:

Hey now don't make fun of us short folks now :lol: everything else I agree with though lol. If I knew I was going to be in the pit I was gonna be the first in line so my short ass could be right up front lol 

It was just all about how she acted toward me :lol:. I actually let her friends by me and they seemed to be annoyed by their own friend. She was just being very rude. Everyone else around me in the pit were cool. I even held spots for a few people while they went to the bathroom.