06/02/17 - Lisbon, PT - Passeio Martimo De Alges

alfierose

1 minute ago, koldweather said:

To be fair November Rain isn't too bad, its clean but I think most people aren't that bothered, especially when they are singing along to the performance. 

I will criticize Axl if I feel it is warranted, but even if he comes out sounding dog rough in London in 2 weeks, it won't stop me from having an amazing night!

I am with you. His voice has never deterred me from buying tickets and It will not In the future. The guy Is just that good of a front man.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I am with you. His voice has never deterred me from buying tickets and It will not In the future. The guy Is just that good of a front man.

I actually agree, with all my moaning tonight. He's the king of kings and I'll continue to throw money at him!

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Like 1

Wow, the passionate defenses are intriguing. Axl sounds extremely lackluster. He has been like this for the most part with GNR since the end of the first NA leg of the tour. Sure, there are some good songs and moments, but truth is there are songs where he doesn't sound like a professional singer. It is sad that the current performances are at this level, but it's the truth. He sounded bad in SA, in most of Asia too. And yes, I've been to 3 live shows.

In most videos of those shows there are comments about how bad Axl sounds. If you show it to most people who aren't GNR hardcore fans, except for Jungle, OTGM, Nightrain, ISE, people will remark on how bad Axl's falsetto sounds. It sounds bad.

• Like 2

Just now, Axl_morris said:

I actually agree, with all my moaning tonigjt. He's the king of kings and I'll continue to throw money at him!

If people are willing to pay the kind of money they are demanding on this tour for a singer that sounds half of what he was In his prime, that Is saying something for Axl as a front man. There Is no dispute that he Is the best at what he does. 

• Like 2

Looney Tunes
It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Duff - You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/New Rose
This I Love
Civil War
Black Hole Sun
Coma
Band Intros
Slash - (doodlez)/Godfather Theme/Sweet Child O' Mine
Out Ta Get Me
Richard N' Slash - Wish You Were Here
Axl - Layla/November Rain
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
     Axl talking to/about Richard asking him if it's been 17 years since he's been in the band and referring to him as "one of the new guys"

I really wish he'd rehearse as much with Guns as he did for AC/DC. I don't mind him using less rasp on Sweet Child and Estranged because it seems like he's doing that on purpose for whatever reason. Even when he's 100% he still holds back on those so it's pretty much expected now and they don't sound bad. But when he's absolutely raping songs like Back in Black and having no breaks for 2 and a half hours and still hitting insane notes with full power on FTATR, turning up unprepared and singing Nightrain with a clean falsetto is just disrespectful.

Axl said in the China Exchange interview that he doesn't want to let Angus down. Well maybe Angus should follow them on tour forever and he'll start singing YCBM like Shoot to Thrill.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, koldweather said:

Wow I also seem to find streams with DREADFUL singing, got another classic with a man sounding like a terrible karaoke, a totally out of key mickey mouse that suddenly makes me appreciate how good Axl actually is!

I am just glad I don't hear the stream with all those guys who kept whistling 

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

I really wish he'd rehearse as much with Guns as he did for AC/DC. I don't mind him using less rasp on Sweet Child and Estranged because it seems like he's doing that on purpose for whatever reason. Even when he's 100% he still holds back on those so it's pretty much expected now and they don't sound bad. But when he's absolutely raping songs like Back in Black and having no breaks for 2 and a half hours and still hitting insane notes with full power on FTATR, turning up unprepared and singing Nightrain with a clean falsetto is just disrespectful.

Axl said in the China Exchange interview that he doesn't want to let Angus down. Well maybe Angus should follow them on tour forever and he'll start singing YCBM like Shoot to Thrill.

And he didn't let Angus down. But with all due respect to Angus, why does he have to be the...idk the term, the reason I guess, to have that extra power and rasp? It should just sort of be a given. 

• Like 1