07/30/17 - Minneapolis, MN - US Bank Stadium

Estranged Reality

12 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

2 unreal shows in a row and now the long drive back to Chicago...last years shows were incredible, but theyve taken these over the top! 

It really seems that way.  Is it my imagination, or does something seemed to have 'clicked' with the band as a whole since Apollo show?  For the first time since the reunion, I'm getting a sense of them being a genuine band and not just the big 3 and friends, especially where Richard's concerned.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

He has a stress fracture in his foot that happened at the Apollo show. They told him not to move around much on stage but that is hard for him. :)

What's with GNR members injuring their feet at shows now? Who'll be the next? #Slashinacast2018

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

2 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

It really seems that way.  Is it my imagination, or does something seemed to have 'clicked' with the band as a whole since Apollo show?  For the first time since the reunion, I'm getting a sense of them being a genuine band and not just the big 3 and friends, especially where Richard's concerned.

Looks like the boys are back from their Euro vacation.

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

"GNR prove you don't have to like each other to rock out at U.S. Bank Stadium." 

Lol

http://www.citypages.com/music/guns-n-roses-prove-you-dont-need-to-like-each-other-to-rock-out-at-us-bank-stadium/437557263

I am glad you're back and finding all these priceless gems for us.  :heart:  Thank you!  

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Original said:

My mish mash review-

Wow- what a night.  Despite my plans to stay in back/side of pit I found myself about 10 feet (5 'rows' ) away from Slash.  Surreal seeing them so close.  Slash was so dominant. Just outstanding.  Met Frank in the pit during the Deftones show <they suck>), but Frank was so nice...I can't rip him anymore.  Gladly shook my hand.  He was into the Deftones, standing by himself fist pumping and all pumped.  Loved the McBob intro.  Axl- unbelievable energy, no wonder we have all the guitar solo's (although some too long for me), I was exhausted watching him run all over and he's singing his ass off at same time.  His voice was lights out awesome 1st half, I could tell it was fading (Mickey-ing) the latter part of show, but he was still trying his ass off.  #Legend!  Jungle his voice was like the UYI era.  Estranged was my highlight...my favorite song and I though Axl nailed it.  Not sure what the eff they have done to Rocket Queen.  The band- unbelievable....greatest in world.  Stadium was sold out (50,000 strong).  Don't wear sandals in the pit, my feet, back, neck all killing me.  Sooo happy...and tired. 

Great review, i happy for you what enjoy ☺

1 hour ago, Original said:

My mish mash review-

Wow- what a night.  Despite my plans to stay in back/side of pit I found myself about 10 feet (5 'rows' ) away from Slash.  Surreal seeing them so close.  Slash was so dominant. Just outstanding.  Met Frank in the pit during the Deftones show <they suck>), but Frank was so nice...I can't rip him anymore.  Gladly shook my hand.  He was into the Deftones, standing by himself fist pumping and all pumped.  Loved the McBob intro.  Axl- unbelievable energy, no wonder we have all the guitar solo's (although some too long for me), I was exhausted watching him run all over and he's singing his ass off at same time.  His voice was lights out awesome 1st half, I could tell it was fading (Mickey-ing) the latter part of show, but he was still trying his ass off.  #Legend!  Jungle his voice was like the UYI era.  Estranged was my highlight...my favorite song and I though Axl nailed it.  Not sure what the eff they have done to Rocket Queen.  The band- unbelievable....greatest in world.  Stadium was sold out (50,000 strong).  Don't wear sandals in the pit, my feet, back, neck all killing me.  Sooo happy...and tired. 

nice! so happy for you! that sounds perfect.

so how far in advance did you have to arrive to get that close? never been in the pit so i  don't know what to expect!