07/30/17 - Minneapolis, MN - US Bank Stadium

Estranged Reality

32 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

What has a bluray to do with newspapers not being allowed to take pics?

It's their whole mentality when it comes to those things. If they could take your phones away at the gates they would.

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

nice! so happy for you! that sounds perfect.

so how far in advance did you have to arrive to get that close? never been in the pit so i  don't know what to expect!

Not that early at all.  During the Deftones we were standing at back rail (ironically 2 feet from Frank) straight out from where Slash usually is on stage.  I was in a happy location.  Well after Deftones finished we made a last bathroom run, came back and just went with the flow of people funneling back into pit and ended up in our spot (10 feet out from Slash).   Worked out great but like I said you gotta wear good/comfortable shoes.  And truth be told- during KOHD we were so shot from standing 3 hours in sandals with people all over (drinks splashing, elbows bumping, different B.O.'s,  toes being stepped on, feet shot etc...all in a good way/no complaining/totally knew what we were in for) that we bailed on our spot (knowing we'd never get it back) and watched NT and encore from further back where we could stretch.  Loved the pit, just after 3 hours was shot and ready for elbow room, that's all.  Seeing Slash/Duff/Axl that close in a stadium with 50,000 people was unreal.  Crazy cool.    Edit**- my 15 yr old daughter looking at my pics from last night says of Axl and I quote -"whoa that guys old"...    LOL

Edited by Original
  • Like 4

45 minutes ago, Original said:

Not that early at all.  During the Deftones we were standing at back rail (ironically 2 feet from Frank) straight out from where Slash usually is on stage.  I was in a happy location.  Well after Deftones finished we made a last bathroom run, came back and just went with the flow of people funneling back into pit and ended up in our spot (10 feet out from Slash).   Worked out great but like I said you gotta wear good/comfortable shoes.  And truth be told- during KOHD we were so shot from standing 3 hours in sandals with people all over (drinks splashing, elbows bumping, different B.O.'s,  toes being stepped on, feet shot etc...all in a good way/no complaining/totally knew what we were in for) that we bailed on our spot (knowing we'd never get it back) and watched NT and encore from further back where we could stretch.  Loved the pit, just after 3 hours was shot and ready for elbow room, that's all.  Seeing Slash/Duff/Axl that close in a stadium with 50,000 people was unreal.  Crazy cool.    Edit**- my 15 yr old daughter looking at my pics from last night says of Axl and I quote -"whoa that guys old"...    LOL

thanks! i wear comfy shoes anyway except on rare occasions and knowing i won't have to camp out to get up close is a relief :P

lol @ your daughter, i know i felt that way at her age about certain stars but then again i fell for actors in old movies too :D

Just now, Locke said:

Respectfully disagree with you guys. It's a perfect one-two punch. Duff seems content doing his thing and he's awesome at it, but Axl commands the stage as well as any singer I've ever seen, and Slash is just a brilliant player. If the last 25 years or so have taught me anything it's that these guys belong together. They produce some very good music on their own, but all three are at their best together.

Completely agree. I was at the show and it's he best gnr show I've seen since I started attending shows in 2002. We are at this awesome point where axl and slash are in the same band and playing with cohesion. Pick favorites if you want, but I think the trio together and with chemistry reaches the highest level that individually isn't attainable. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Original said:

Well yes a lot of what you say is true.  My point is Slash is flawless, never leaves stage and just nails it from 8:30 PM to 11:45 PM.    Where Axl gives 100%, he just can't do it (sound flawless) all show....Father Time won't let him.  His heart is in it though.  Back in the day it was the Axl show and Slash is the one who's body (self inflicted) had the performance flaws.   That's all.  Just a die hards thought.  

I think he CAN, but he chooses not to. I say this because he did it with many ACDC shows last year. But that said, Slash has the easier job, there is no "fatigue" effect of aging when playing guitar at 50, one could even say he's playing better now than ever since at 50 you got all this experience, and are still relatively sharp as a person. I don't think many guys Axls age could take on those GNR songs with the rasp he once had, so what we got is what we get, so he still gets props for pulling it off like he does.

But the big thing is no one has the balls to say something negative to Axl, like he should retire that clean voice it does not sound as good as he thinks. He could almost "talk" through the songs with his ISE lower register and it will sound a million times better.And what he did with ACDC was just mindblowing and didn't seem to damage his voice at all even with months of doing it. He still has a good few years left in him, but if he keeps it like this it's true it will be Slash being the star of the show. Heres hoping their combined power of giving 100% in the studio where Axl will sure give it 110% will result in a great album. The live shows are great whatever Axl decides to do anyway.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Well my friends- last night kicked ass.  Unless I hit Vegas that may be it for the tour for me.  Maybe forever- who knows?  All I know is I saw my band...our band....the greatest band ever again live 3 times this tour after the 25 year unnecessary break up. Always had hope I'd see em again  I'm good if this is it.  Love this site and look forward to following the rest of tour.  I'm out of this thread!  

Edited by Original
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, LOV2ROK said:

Would like to stop in here and introduce myself.Name is Dan and i'm from a suburb of the Twin Cities.Lived here my whole lfe.
Wanted to let anyone in here know that i just got home from work and started to upload my videos to Youtube.Only 3 so far,so you'll have to be patient ;)
Had rail between Duff & Axl right on the corner of the part of the stage that juts out,so had a pretty nice view.Think they turned out pretty decent.
Had a few songs that stopped while recording (camera issue while zooming,so need a new one with 4K instead),so had to quickly restart.So a few are in 2 parts :(
Let me know what you guys think and spread the word if you think they are worth seeing and sharing.
Here's my page link : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6jiL-XB5HObOmoJ2eWMtvw

Thanks dude!!! :headbang:

2 hours ago, LOV2ROK said:

Would like to stop in here and introduce myself.Name is Dan and i'm from a suburb of the Twin Cities.Lived here my whole lfe.
Wanted to let anyone in here know that i just got home from work and started to upload my videos to Youtube.Only 3 so far,so you'll have to be patient ;)
Had rail between Duff & Axl right on the corner of the part of the stage that juts out,so had a pretty nice view.Think they turned out pretty decent.
Had a few songs that stopped while recording (camera issue while zooming,so need a new one with 4K instead),so had to quickly restart.So a few are in 2 parts :(
Let me know what you guys think and spread the word if you think they are worth seeing and sharing.
Here's my page link : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6jiL-XB5HObOmoJ2eWMtvw

Nice vídeos man!!! Thank for sharing!

• Like 1