Your Favourite 2016 GNR Moment

This was the best years for GNR fans since 1993. It's been hard to follow Axl all these years, especially after the failure that was CD and the multiple lineups, but I'm glad he gave Slash a call, made ammends and hit the road with his old friend. That's my favorite GNR moment. Seeing those guys not ignoring each other on and off stage. Axl sounds like shit, Slash's tone is not the same anymore, they're older, slower, less inspired, music is just business for them but it's still cool to witness the reunion. They should release at least a new song together.

1) the first time axl ,slash ,duff and steven were on stage toghether :heart:

2) axl/dc live front row in vienna this may. I didn t see axl live since 2012 and missed his voice so much :axl92:

3) buying tickets for 3 shows 2017 in europe

I never regretted so much to live in europe rather than USA as in 2016...

love this band so much!!!

For me it's a 3 way tie..

1- April 1st. What a crazy day and without question to most enjoyable as far as being a forum member and talking to all of you. Crazy night too. All the talking the speculation, tmz, fan perescopes during the day, the tour being announced, etc. 

2 - April 8th/ June 23rd in Detroit. That first show and the first perescopes. I mention Detroit because I couldn't stay up for the entire Vegas show but the Detroit one I could and it was amazing to watch and recap afterwards like a post game show.

3 - The return of Adler. It got to a point where we knew Adler was returning it was just when and, that was a complete surprise not many saw coming. 

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Billsfan said:

For me it's a 3 way tie..

1- April 1st. What a crazy day and without question to most enjoyable as far as being a forum member and talking to all of you. Crazy night too. All the talking the speculation, tmz, fan perescopes during the day, the tour being announced, etc. 

2 - April 8th/ June 23rd in Detroit. That first show and the first perescopes. I mention Detroit because I couldn't stay up for the entire Vegas show but the Detroit one I could and it was amazing to watch and recap afterwards like a post game show.

3 - The return of Adler. It got to a point where we knew Adler was returning it was just when and, that was a complete surprise not many saw coming. 

I got back from the show in Detroit and I was like "HOLY SHIT! THERE'S OVER 90 PAGES IN THAT THREAD!" :lol:

Everytime Adler played 1 to 2 songs it was both one of my favorites/shitty moments. It was clear Axl doesn't really wants him there. And Axl even joked about it at one show, said something like "enjoy it cause that's all you're gonna get" while chuckling. (said that to the crowd)

Maybe next year for the AFD anniversary but I wouldn't be surprised if he'll just get 3 tunes or 1 or 2 again, if at all. But I guess it's better than nothing. It was cool seeing him up there, did a really good job. I just think it... needs more Adler. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rovim said:

And Axl even joked about it at one show, said something like "enjoy it cause that's all you're gonna get" while chuckling. (said that to the crowd)

He didn't say it about Adler. It was his response to a fan who was holding a "Where is Izzy?" sign. Axl said "Good question. That's all you're gonna get", meaning either "I don't have an answer, I don't know where Izzy is" or "Don't expect Izzy to be part of this".

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He didn't say it about Adler. It was his response to a fan who was holding a "Where is Izzy?" sign. Axl said "Good question. That's all you're gonna get", meaning either "I don't have an answer, I don't know where Izzy is" or "Don't expect Izzy to be part of this".

Thanks. Glad I was wrong. I didn't get why he said "good question". But I hope Steven will get to be a bigger part of the semi reunion in the future. Izzy got to play 5 tunes sometimes, Adler only 2 at the most. And he waited for so long for this to happen, probably more than anyone else.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1