What's the ONE show from 2016 that needs to be released on Blu-Ray?

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

You're barking up the wrong tree - I'm highly critical of this lineup. I've not hidden the fact that I'm only moderately excited about this whole reunion, and truthfully, I'd rather be seeing gigs from the 2009-2014 lineup still. I just think it's ridiculous that anyone who argued the post-93 band was not GN'R, is still arguing the 2016 band is not GN'R. I mean, to most fans, all that matters is Axl and Slash being on stage together. 

It's just another of those "No matter what they give us, some people are never happy" scenarios. Slash and Duff rejoin - "Oh, well it still isn't GN'R until Izzy and Adler are back full time". Coma and DTJ become staple songs of the setlist - "Setlist needs more deep cuts". Band throws in the occasional rare song - "Not enough oddities being played". Even if the Appetite 5 toured, some people would still find a way to complain about something.

Oh, thanks a lot for telling me how I would react if a GNR reunion happened!

I didnt know that I would react the way you described/predicted!

I had no idea that I would be "complaining" and "bitching" if Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff and Steven got together!

Before reading your posts, I thought I'd be very happy with a GNR reunion!

But since you are telling me otherwise, since you know how I would react, since I am not myself (I am "some people"), then you must be right! 

Thank you so much!

It must be really sad if you think that GnR was only "GnR" between 1985 and 1990... I mean, this people say that Axl, Slash and Duff by themselves are not GnR. Then, all the UYI period shouldnt be considered GnR. Gilby and Matt should be "hacks" or "aliens" as Fortus and Ferrer, right?

Pathetic

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I'd rather be seeing gigs from the 2009-2014 lineup still. I just think it's ridiculous that anyone who argued the post-93 band was not GN'R, is still arguing the 2016 band is not GN'R. I mean, to most fans, all that matters is Axl and Slash being on stage together. 

It's just another of those "No matter what they give us, some people are never happy" scenarios. Slash and Duff rejoin - "Oh, well it still isn't GN'R until Izzy and Adler are back full time". Coma and DTJ become staple songs of the setlist - "Setlist needs more deep cuts". Band throws in the occasional rare song - "Not enough oddities being played". Even if the Appetite 5 toured, some people would still find a way to complain about something.

I wouldn't sayt that this isn't Gn'R in 2016 but it is watered down and could be better on variuous levels.  I saw two shows, one was great and one wasn't.  It is a lot easier to enjoy a show and get into it, see past the flaws and enjoy it when you are actually there. If you don't you are just an asshole for wasting your money. That being said, I have went backed and watched videos from the shows I was at and without the excitement of being there, beers in your system, the excitement from the crowd and so on the flaws jump right out in your face. Axl has his moments of greatness but just as many weak moments that which make a good amount of song performances unwatchable. Duff is Duff but Slash has been an absolute beast and the main reason this whole thing works. Frank and Fortus actually detract from the music to some degree half the time..  I understand it is 2016 and it may not be possible to get the whole band together but this is Guns N Fuckin Roses. At least get people that can handle the job. Then you throw in the Smurf.. She doesn't detract from the music per say but she definitely bloats the whole thing. All that said, it is still Gn'R at this point just a watered down one. I'll take what I can get. Seeing Slash play all those GnR classics is what makes it for me. Axl's flashes of greatness are the icing on the cake. I will go see that again for sure. But it could still be better. This is more like Gn'R Lite....

About people critiquing setlists and shit. Why let it bother you man? People are just passionate about the band,. We are fans.. Fanatics..  Setlists are always a hot topic for any band on any message board.  That will never change. 

I am still looking into attending a summer show either way.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Joeypeeps said:

Has there been an official blu-ray/dvd announcement? If so, when's it dropping?

Nah, no announcement has been made regarding an official blu ray or dvd release. Just thinking of what would be the best show/shows to release in case they'll decide to drop one.

Edited by Rovim

Any show that plays the Seeker should not be eligible. So I assume night one of Vegas. The Seeker is such a fucking shit song and played at the absolute worst time of the show. During the encore play your best shit or maybe your best cover. The Seeker is the worst fucking Song GNR has ever played.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smoking guns said:

Any show that plays the Seeker should not be eligible. So I assume night one of Vegas. The Seeker is such a fucking shit song and played at the absolute worst time of the show. During the encore play your best shit or maybe your best cover. The Seeker is the worst fucking Song GNR has ever played.  

Tell us how you really feel?  Not that I disagree with you :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

I like the Seeker...I know I'm in the minority but it's a fun song to sing to live and they clearly enjoy playing it and it makes Axl happy. The end. :P

And 99% of the fans hate it. If you are going to play it, do it in the main set. The encore is for your best shit. Not for some shit cover. 

Houston has always been my favourite and I followed the whole USA tour with a lot of you guys !
QUICK aside, do we have a thread here where we can post all the best performances from individual songs? 
I know we have the media with anything goes from all dates...but do we have "Best Of" where we can pull

together our knowledge and get the best so far for each song? 

On 12/24/2016 at 10:48 AM, PatrickS77 said:

Geez. Why is Coachella historical significant? It was a show for a dull hipster crowd. If you want historical significance, it's the Troubadour show or the first Vegas show. But to release Vegas wouldn't make any sense as Axl was sitting in a chair.

Yeah. That would be perfect. A full stadium show plus Troubadour as a bonus.

When I made this thread I had honestly forgotten about the Troubadour. I think it was because Coachella was announced first, and got so much attention and hype here - the Troubadour was a last second thing that no one knew about.

Also, Coachella is such a huge audience. But yeah, you're right, historically the Troubadour would probably be the best option to release - even though Axl sounded way better as the tour went on.

56 minutes ago, Estranged Reality said:

When I made this thread I had honestly forgotten about the Troubadour. I think it was because Coachella was announced first, and got so much attention and hype here - the Troubadour was a last second thing that no one knew about.

Also, Coachella is such a huge audience. But yeah, you're right, historically the Troubadour would probably be the best option to release - even though Axl sounded way better as the tour went on.

My opinion should be some sort of double Disc with the complete Troub show on one and then a Flight 666 type thing with the best performances of each song from different venues throughout the remainder of the tour.

You know you could really get crazy with this and go on to a triple disc with Vegas Nights 1 and 2 mixed up into one show on one disc (same with Coachella I reckon, but I think Vegas is the better choice).   

On 12/28/2016 at 8:06 PM, marlingrl03 said:

I like the Seeker...I know I'm in the minority but it's a fun song to sing to live and they clearly enjoy playing it and it makes Axl happy. The end. :P

I like it too. 10 times better than and of the CD garbage... You could hear someone fart in the place after they play Better. My friend actually commented on the song the day after the show saying he thought it kicked ass and was trying to remember who sang the original.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I like it too. 10 times better than and of the CD garbage... You could hear someone fart in the place after they play Better. My friend actually commented on the song the day after the show saying he thought it kicked ass and was trying to remember who sang the original.

No offense, but does your friend also think "Baba O'Riley" is actually titled, "Teenage Wasteland"?