Tommy Stinson: Chinese Democracy "kinda got yanked from Axl's hands a little bit prematurely"

1 minute ago, -W.A.R- said:

Rovim needs to to read "Chinese Whispers" which details from the whole process 

too sum it up: there was a fuck ton of sitting around waiting for Axl to show 

I have read all of it. I didn't say Axl worked on Chinese all the time.

20 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It is important that he didn't spend all his time working on it, because the thing took 11 damn years to come out. New music is not a priority for him. Maybe in 2001 he planned a trilogy but that's dead now. I understand wanting to take time on work, but there's a difference between spending 4-5 years and 11 (hell if you argue he worked on it since 93, than 15) And now it's what? 9 years since CD and we don't even know the name of this hypothetical new album? Give me a break...

No, no album title, no release date. But we do know it's not soon again. Probably because he doesn't want to promise anything cause he doesn't know when he'll complete it and when he'll be able to release it.

You don't know that new music is not a priority for him. They're busy reestablishing themselves on the road right now, making money. He said he is interested in releasing more Guns music.

It's 8 years since Chinese got released, but the reunion changed shit. CD ll doesn't make sense to release now with Slash and Duff in the band. Axl has played some material for them to like.

Most fans will want Slash and Duff on new material. It seems like Axl wouldn't mind for Slash to be a part of it as well. (shocking!)

I don't think Axl will make a move until he is certain he has an album that can artistically add something to Gn'R's catalog and is relevant to him as an artist.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

cd2 makes sense to release because axl recorded it before slash and duff hopped on the touring train with axl. it makes sense because axl meant to release chinese as a double. axl said the next chinese cd was ready to go when dj and bbf were in gnr. saying it makes sense not to release cd2 because of slash and duff doesn't make sense. for the record the hybrid reunion hasn't changed a thing

30 minutes ago, Rovim said:

No, no album title, no release date. But we do know it's not soon again. Probably because he doesn't want to promise anything cause he doesn't know when he'll complete it and when he'll be able to release it.

You don't know that new music is not a priority for him. They're busy reestablishing themselves on the road right now, making money. He said he is interested in releasing more Guns music.

It's 8 years since Chinese got released, but the reunion changed shit. CD ll doesn't make sense to release now with Slash and Duff in the band. Axl has played some material for them to like.

Most fans will want Slash and Duff on new material. It seems like Axl wouldn't mind for Slash to be a part of it as well. (shocking!)

I don't think Axl will make a move until he is certain he has an album that can artistically add something to Gn'R's catalog and is relevant to him as an artist.

I do know new music isn't a priority for him because there has been one album of original content in 25 years. And has toured the greatest hits playlist for 6 years now. He doesn't even update the fans on this. And if CD II are songs from 1997-2001 and have been completed, where the hell are they? Sorry man, Axl Rose hasn't given a crap since 2001 about new music. I wish there was new music as well but it not happening.

Whatever Axl had ready in 00 or 01 or whatever, that's his real vision. You can hear in all that stuff. It really was different and all had the same, weird, cohesive vibe going on. Not saying CD that we got isn't his vision, but that old shit, that was it. 

Listen to those CD tracks me and Zilla posted. The Blues. Oh My God. Silkworms. IRS. Catcher with Brian May. The old Maddy. That was the real deal that he wanted originally, you can hear it. Wish we could've got it then. I like the CD we got, it's just got a bit of a diluted taste compared to the originals.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Whatever Axl had ready in 00 or 01 or whatever, that's his real vision. You can hear in all that stuff. It really was different and all had the same, weird, cohesive vibe going on. Not saying CD that we got isn't his vision, but that old shit, that was it. 

Listen to those CD tracks me and Zilla posted. The Blues. Oh My God. Silkworms. IRS. Catcher with Brian May. The old Maddy. That was the real deal that he wanted originally, you can hear it. Wish we could've got it then. I like the CD we got, it's just got a bit of a diluted taste compared to the originals.

^^^^^^ this :)

22 minutes ago, J Dog said:

But what we got was also his real vision. How could it not be? what made you decide what he had in 2000/2001 was his vision, and what got released wasn't?

I think you just prefer those versions. Axl preferred what got released. Diluted? diluted how? Catcher with Brian May wasn't the original version. Brian May replaced the lead guitar that was there, I imagine it was Robin's.

And really... I've noticed you didn't mention There Was A Time. I think it sounds like shit without Bucket's outro. There is no release.

I.R.S? with Robin's solo instead of Bucket's solo during the "you know it's true" scream it doesn't sound half as good.

And was Better even completed in 2000 or 2001? not sure. Old Madagascar didn't sound too different in the snippet from the radio commercial, it was raspy as well, unlike the live version.

To me it wasn't diluted, it was tinkered with yes, but it didn't just have a negative effect which was my point really. Diluted means all the changes made it a weaker album which I just don't think is the case. Overall it was a stronger offering. Many tunes were improved by Axl's tinkering.

Edited by Rovim

24 minutes ago, Rovim said:

But what we got was also his real vision. How could it not be? what made you decide what he had in 2000/2001 was his vision, and what got released wasn't?

I think you just prefer those versions. Axl preferred what got released. Diluted? diluted how? Catcher with Brian May wasn't the original version. Brian May replaced the lead guitar that was there, I imagine it was Robin's.

And really... I've noticed you didn't mention There Was A Time. I think it sounds like shit without Bucket's outro. There is no release.

I.R.S? with Robin's solo instead of Bucket's solo during the "you know it's true" scream it doesn't sound half as good.

And was Better even completed in 2000 or 2001? not sure. Old Madagascar didn't sound too different in the snippet from the radio commercial, it was raspy as well, unlike the live version.

To me it wasn't diluted, it was tinkered with yes, but it didn't just have a negative effect which was my point really. Diluted means all the changes made it a weaker album which I just don't think is the case. Overall it was a stronger offering. Many tunes were improved by Axl's tinkering.

I'll give you IRS and TWAT. 

But there was a reason Axl came out of hiding around that time. HOB, RiR, he was ready. That's why I said it was his original vision. You could see it in his eyes and hear it in the songs. Whatever happened in 02 with the tour cancellation and Bucket and Brain leaving, that's when the real tinkering started. And I mean diluted as in, not as raw.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

I'll give you IRS and TWAT. 

But there was a reason Axl came out of hiding around that time. HOB, RiR, he was ready. You could see it in his eyes and hear it in the songs. Whatever happened in 02 with the tour cancellation and Bucket and Brain leaving, that's when the real tinkering started. And I mean diluted as in, more raw maybe?

Rawer. Yes. I agree. But... Axl said he didn't want to tour in 2002. He said it wasn't his wish, it was others pressuring him. In the same year he said they needed to do more recordings so that's just not true. 

And the tinkering started way before that. He wanted to tinker with Illusions some more, but Slash and Duff influenced him to release it.

I think when he got full control over the band he could finally fully tinker with it.

Bob Ezrin said it was "painted over" too many times. Duff said that underneath the many layers of it there is something of substance there.

I guess it just doesn't surprise me that Axl went with the Queen approach, not RTB, but just layering so many ideas on top of each other, little riffs and smaller ideas that form an intricate musical puzzle.

I could be way off here, but I think industrial is just a part of Axl's musical vision. I don't believe he ever stopped liking Queen or that approach. He seems to favor layers over basic hard rock songs and orchestrating tunes, combining that with Hard Rock, making it a cinematic experience with long lyrical guitar solos with complicated technique (Bucket and Bumble)

His musical vision seems to be a varied one. 5 orchestras, This I Love, shred, industrial touches by hiring a NIN guitar player. Perhaps he talked about a trilogy cause 1 album, an industrial album, wasn't his complete vision and when Chinese Democracy was finally released, it was like wasted said: 3 mini albums in one, representing his full musical vision, or at least all of what influenced Axl up to that point all squeezed into one album.

Personally for me If The World is terrible - just a mess of sounds with a spanish guitar over the top. Ironcially the one track not featuring Tommy Stinson.

Scraped is very nothingy - its not bad bad (Like If the World is nearly unlistenable to me in places) its just not very insteresting. Which kinda sucks on a record that took a billion hours to make.

Checkmate should of replaced it - that 20 seconds is way better than the 3:30 of scraped.

rovim sounds like a reunion spokesperson ignoring the greatness of the chinese democracy cd the chinese democracy movement around the world and the chinese releases yet to come and instead covering asses and kissing axl's, slash's, and, duff's asses to keep the reunion endless touring status quo going

Edited by Night Drive Lonelinessl

the chinese democracy movement is happening all over the world. people who want guns n roses to finally change and embrace chinese democracy album, chinese releases, chinese music videos, chinese singles, and more chinese songs played live. not everybody in the world is kissing axl's, slash's, and duff's asses for same old same old rollin' on the cash train. the world wants change. the world wants chinese democracy. the world wants chinese democracy 2. chinese remix cd. the world wants change! 

3 hours ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

the chinese democracy movement is happening all over the world. people who want guns n roses to finally change and embrace chinese democracy album, chinese releases, chinese music videos, chinese singles, and more chinese songs played live. not everybody in the world is kissing axl's, slash's, and duff's asses for same old same old rollin' on the cash train. the world wants change. the world wants chinese democracy. the world wants chinese democracy 2. chinese remix cd. the world wants change! 

giphy.gif

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

lol :rofl-lol:

guns n roses hasn't embraced the chinese democracy cd so far in 2017 or in 2016. axl only sings 3 chinese songs. chinese, this i love, and better. the rest are non chinese songs. that's not embracing the chinese cd on tour. it's embracing afd, lies, and illusions. that's not change. that's a cash train. axl rolling on the cash train at the fans expense.   

24 minutes ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

guns n roses hasn't embraced the chinese democracy cd so far in 2017 or in 2016. axl only sings 3 chinese songs. chinese, this i love, and better. the rest are non chinese songs. that's not embracing the chinese cd on tour. it's embracing afd, lies, and illusions. that's not change. that's a cash train. axl rolling on the cash train at the fans expense.   

Ummmm...OK

In the China Exchange interview he clearly stated he was more into the CD stuff.

Yes they need to earn a living, but I truly do not believe its a cash train....:blink:

1 hour ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

How many songs from Lies are being played, you liar?

They are playing AT LEAST 3 CD songs every night, which is a lot considering Slash and Duff (who were part of AFD, Lies, UYI and TSI) are back and most of the people who was part of CD (Bucket, Robin, Brain, Tommy, Josh, Huge, Pitman) is gone.

And I'm very sorry to tell you but the Chinese Democracy movement is only happening inside your head. Since Slash and Duff came back and the band started playing less CD songs, the band's become WAY BIGGER than it was for the last decade. This proves what most people want is exactly the opposite of what you want. Until a few years ago, some people had the idea that the CD band could top AFD5, become bigger and more relevant but it just didn't happen and it wasn't even close. The relevance of the band was diminishing every year, they were falling appart and then the sole announcement of Slash's return made the band huge again, without any promises of new music or anything. You may like it or hate it, it may be unfortunate, but you can't lie to yourself and deny the fact that there's more people interested in watching Axl and Slash together playing old songs than watching Axl with the CD band releasing new music.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

So instead you want Axl to play more songs off of an album that is nearly 10 years old and has songs from nearly 20 years ago now on it?  Yup that sure is change alright.....

A - put Slash in a box, that's how he likes to record. You put Clink and CWeed in charge. Full access to Chinese material, just let Slash fuckin' wail on all of it.

B - when Axl has enough fresh ideas, lyrics and vocal melodies, Slash, Duff, and Fortus can work on it, see if something sticks. There could be a piano attached to it for example, but even if it's just lyrics and melodies that could be developed to fully formed tunes.

C - while all this shit is going down, you employ the rest of the line up to come up with new shit. Dizzy came up with the piano riff for Street Of Dreams, Josh Freese wrote 4 to 5 AAA tunes.

Issues: Slash likes to do music first, not start from vocal melodies. Axl wants to start from lyrics and melodies cause that way it's easier to not lose focus on the theme of the song which is very important to him it seems.

Production - Slash favors analog and organic. Axl left out the blip in Scraped and worships Pro Tool usage, copy/pastes Brian May.

Bucket and Robin solos - will Slash agree to keep shit other guitar players composed and performed? Axl might want to keep shit Slash cannot top cause it's perfect like Bucket's There Was A Time outro or Robin's Better solo.

I think I understand why Axl said not soon again.

Edited by Rovim

41 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Prematurely yanked?!?! :lol:  Thats funny cuz it smelt off by the time we got it.

I think Tommy was talking about the tracklisting mainly. So not necessarily needing more time to tinker even more with the tunes that got released.

Edited by Rovim