"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

Desierto with Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Gael Garcia Bernal

it's about illegal Mexicans trying to cross the border to the US and then the trouble begins.

It was both depressing and sad. It got me thinking about the whole border situation all over again.

Deadly Soroity Another lifetime movie.

Avalanche Sharks  lol

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 2:55 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yes loved Pete Steele :heart: Christian Woman is one of my fave songs :)

Pete left us too soon too. Loved his voice.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more to say

3 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Desierto with Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Gael Garcia Bernal

it's about illegal Mexicans trying to cross the border to the US and then the trouble begins.

It was both depressing and sad. It got me thinking about the whole border situation all over again.

Deadly Soroity Another lifetime movie.

Avalanche Sharks  lol

Pete left us too soon too. Loved his voice.

mmmmm Jeffrey Dean Morgan, nice!

yep Pete left way too soon :(

watched some Hallmark movie, Surpised By Love. horrible. i love their Christmas movies and every once in a while they have a good movie but *yawn*. think imma watch some murder shows on ID channel :lol:

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

mmmmm Jeffrey Dean Morgan, nice!

yep Pete left way too soon :(

watched some Hallmark movie, Surpised By Love. horrible. i love their Christmas movies and every once in a while they have a good movie but *yawn*. think imma watch some murder shows on ID channel :lol:

Oh yeah, I also watched two Murder comes to town.

I don't understand why a murder is always in a small town where everyone knows everyone and everyone loves everyone, but then there's a horrible murder.

One woman in a small town was murdered and no one found her for 4 days and she lived in  a cul da sac area. She was on the city board too and yet no one missed her for 4 days? How stupid is that?

Anyway, I wish I could be in these towns I would find the killers faster than they do. It's frustrating sometimes how blind the cops are and these shows are based on real life events. DUH> 

Oh JDM was a real bastard in this movie. lol I think maybe worse than Negan.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more stuff

1 minute ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Oh yeah, I also watched two Murder comes to town.

I don't understand why a murder is always in a small town where everyone knows everyone and everyone loves everyone, but then there's a horrible murder.

One woman in a small town was murdered and no one found her for 4 days and she lived in  a cul da sac area. She was on the city board too and yet no one missed her for 4 days? How stupid is that?

Anyway, I wish I could be in these towns I would find the killers faster than they do. It's frustrating sometimes how blind the cops are and these shows are based on real life events. DUH>

ha! maybe you should :P

He has a unique thing, in an age of lobotimized cgi movies he's pretty refreshing. That one where nature is alive was weird though, The Happening. Not sure if he's a good director but he takes chances and does some weird stuff. The Last Airbender was just like wtf. Devil was almost a normal one but he didn't direct it. Who gives this guy money? Based on your last three freakshow bombs, here's 20 mil to make another one!

I liked his first two The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. Out of all his big twist endings, Sixth Sense was the only one that really nailed it. That ending is a motherfucker the first time you watch it. Unbreakable was actually a fairly original story I thought. After that, I pretty much rank everything he's done as, ok movie with a bad ending, to just a bad movie.

19 hours ago, J Dog said:

I liked his first two The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. Out of all his big twist endings, Sixth Sense was the only one that really nailed it. That ending is a motherfucker the first time you watch it. Unbreakable was actually a fairly original story I thought. After that, I pretty much rank everything he's done as, ok movie with a bad ending, to just a bad movie.

Devil was good I think. Signs was pretty good. Airbender was entertaining, it was either the next Star Wars or just not. The Village and The Happening are interesting enough. I don't know, if I got the box set of his movies I could get into them. Like if I read a book about his film, there might be depth there. They might be bad but they are never boring. I'm not sure he's a good director, but he's creative. 

Edited by wasted

11 minutes ago, wasted said:

Devil was good I think. Signs was pretty good. Airbender was entertaining, it was either the next Star Wars or just not. The Village and The Happening are interesting enough. I don't know, if I got the box set of his movies I could get into them. Like if I read a book about his film, there might be depth there. They might be bad but they are never boring. I'm not sure he's a good director, but he's creative. 

Was hoping for a Slash cameo. Watched half of Split and fell asleep but it was pretty amusing. I think he's inconsistent as a director. I liked the one with Willis where he's a super lifter. Mel's one was shitty.

Important to note: this director seems to be having a weird water fetish and no one knows why. I suspect his ego gets in the way sometimes but he is capable of delivering the goods, he made 3 movies I liked.

Edited by Rovim

Just now, Rovim said:

I have no interest in watching people dance or moonlighting. Arrival was... vanilla? you'll see it, I don't know if "need" is the word. Nocturnal is a fun word to type.

I got the feeling the Arrival trailer was all I needed. Maybe I'll just rewatch The Place Beyond the Pines again. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wasted said:

I haven't seen Devil but it looked ok. The Visit looks ok.

Signs and The Village I'd call good with bad endings. I didn't like The Happening so much. Lady in the Water I didn't like.

Sixth Sense and Unbreakable are the only two that really separate themselves as straight up good films to me.

I think he does try. Sometimes too hard maybe.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

Signs and The Village I'd call good with bad endings. I didn't like The Happening so much. Lady in the Water I didn't like.

But compared to what's around he's at least interesting. If only we were new age acid casualties. But an actual director with a voice in the 00s, he's up there. He's not a robot, he might have a soul. He's not toyetic. I like toys I guess but still hold on to some sucidal idea of film as art, not just an ad for the state. I only just noticed the most hottest chicks are in commercials, like consciously noticed. I mean I'm alert to hot chicks and racists. Somebody pay me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wasted said:

But compared to what's around he's at least interesting. If only we were new age acid casualties. But an actual director with a voice in the 00s, he's up there. He's not a robot, he might have a soul. He's not toyetic. I like toys I guess but still hold on to some sucidal idea of film as art, not just an ad for the state. I only just noticed the most hottest chicks are in commercials, like consciously noticed. I mean I'm alert to hot chicks and racists. Somebody pay me. 

Yea I think he tries more than most of your big time directors.

Tarantino doesn't like him. I've seen him call him M Night Shamalamadingdong :lol:

6 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Yea I think he tries more than most of your big time directors.

Tarantino doesn't like him. I've seen him call him M Night Shamalamadingdong :lol:

Tarantino is a statist. Only me would say this yo. But yeah genre v arty weirdo. M. Gives me the hebegeebees. I mean if he wasn't a director god only knows where he be. But i mean i think in this climate of corporate humidity he's da antidote. Kids go to see this satanic existentialism. I'm comfortable with his non brainwashing movies. The flip sided of authoritarian capitalism. 

• Like 1

"And what's he then that says I play the villain?
When this advice is free I give and honest."

"How am I then a villain
To counsel Cassio to this parallel course,
Directly to his good?"

"So will I turn her virtue into pitch,
And out of her own goodness make the net
That shall enmesh them all."

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

"And what's he then that says I play the villain?
When this advice is free I give and honest."

"How am I then a villain
To counsel Cassio to this parallel course,
Directly to his good?"

"So will I turn her virtue into pitch,
And out of her own goodness make the net
That shall enmesh them all."

It was exactly that bit that made me think of my post too! :lol:  Isn't it just gloriously evil? 

On 5/8/2017 at 5:37 AM, Len Cnut said:

Y'know i never watched any of that guys films, are they any good?

The Sixth Sense. has no one spoiled it for you yet? i managed to wait til it came to vidoe before watching and amaingly no one had spiled it for me :)

On 5/9/2017 at 4:50 AM, J Dog said:

Sixth Sense and Unbreakable are the only two that really separate themselves as straight up good films to me.

i think with the success of The Sixth Sense people automatically put him at a higher level. i thought Signs was pretty good but yeah the ending sucked.

The Graduate 1967 Anne Bancroft Dustin Hoffman Katherine Ross great movie! wonderful performances ( especially Anne Bancroft. Dustin wasn't bad himself. ) the only thing that bothered me was the ending . 8/10

Spoiler

when Benjamin and Elaine are in the bus after Ben rescued her from her wedding they kind of keep looking at each like, hmmmmm what have we done? like maybe thinking it was a mistake?