"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

15 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oh you have to! it's wonderful AND it has Michael Shannon who is like ne of my favorite totally underrated actors! :D

Is that Grand Theft Parsons? I still haven't seen that although I remember it getting good reviews when it came out.

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i would have been pissed about that too! what's weird is i have seen this movie like three times and all while in a hotel room on vacation!

Yeah, I've watched it a few times, it's an absolute gothic masterpiece, so amazing.... wish I hadn't known about there being a fucking head in the box at the end though! :lol:

16 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yep! Johnny Knoxville plays the 

Reveal hidden contents

friend who steals Gram's body to take it to Joshua Tree! 

I should watch that really, I like some of Gram's stuff through listening to The Byrds (my Dad's favourite band, over the Beatles, Stones, you name it). Yeah, I knew Knoxville was in it as well. I'll have to check it out.

2 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

I should watch that really, I like some of Gram's stuff through listening to The Byrds (my Dad's favourite band, over the Beatles, Stones, you name it). Yeah, I knew Knoxville was in it as well. I'll have to check it out.

let me know what you think :)

Split. I can see what people said about the ending. It wasn't Red State with the shootout at the end. It just fizzled, but it had that weird ending with Bruce at the end. Not sure what that was about. Another multiple personality guy for Split 2? 

Noctural Animals I can barely remember. It didn't have a vibe like Paper Boy did or much depth. But there was some good acting, but that never moves me much. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wasted said:

Split. I can see what people said about the ending. It wasn't Red State with the shootout at the end. It just fizzled, but it had that weird ending with Bruce at the end. Not sure what that was about. Another multiple personality guy for Split 2? 

Noctural Animals I can barely remember. It didn't have a vibe like Paper Boy did or much depth. But there was some good acting, but that never moves me much. 

Bruce Willis was in Unbreakable and the guy's nickname he mentioned was Mr. Glass, who was played by Samuel Jackson. When the girls in the diner heard the Split guy's nickname of Horde for some reason they thought of Mr. Glass, but couldn't think of his name and then the camera pans to Bruce who tells them the name.

The only reason I can think of for Bruce to show up at the end is because he's been in two of M's movies.

I don't understand why mentioning the nickname of Horde would make you think of Mr. Glass?

I had to watch Unbreakable before Split and I still didn't get it. lol

I wanted more different personalities to emerge. It was the ones we would see in the movie previews. Also I already saw the "beast", so tv ads ruined that too. Honestly, tv should not show any movie previews especially for horror and mystery. They ruin them for everyone.

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Bruce Willis was in Unbreakable and the guy's nickname he mentioned was Mr. Glass, who was played by Samuel Jackson. When the girls in the diner heard the Split guy's nickname of Horde for some reason they thought of Mr. Glass, but couldn't think of his name and then the camera pans to Bruce who tells them the name.

The only reason I can think of for Bruce to show up at the end is because he's been in two of M's movies.

I don't understand why mentioning the nickname of Horde would make you think of Mr. Glass?

I had to watch Unbreakable before Split and I still didn't get it. lol

I wanted more different personalities to emerge. It was the ones we would see in the movie previews. Also I already saw the "beast", so tv ads ruined that too. Honestly, tv should not show any movie previews especially for horror and mystery. They ruin them for everyone.

"I don't watch that much tv"

What kind of character was Mr Glass? I havent seen Unbreakable. Is he another mentaller. 

I need the M Night boxset. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, wasted said:

Honestly, tv should not show any movie previews especially for horror and mystery. They ruin them for everyone.

yes i so agree. i used to go in thinking wow if this is JUST a preview yet knowing for Woo the movie is going to blow my mind when what is does is  scream this is utter BS, showing the best parts of the new movie lol.

14 hours ago, wasted said:

but it had that weird ending with Bruce at the end. Not sure what that was about. Another multiple personality guy for Split 2? 

5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I thought that scene meant he was going to do a movie combining the two plots/characters. Which would be be cool I think. Cause Bruce Willis can't die or something right? I can barely remember Unbreakable. So he would be a good opponent for the Beast.

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I thought that scene meant he was going to do a movie combining the two plots/characters. Which would be be cool I think. Cause Bruce Willis can't die or something right? I can barely remember Unbreakable. So he would be a good opponent for the Beast.

This is what I thought, even without know who Bruce was, like who's this guy, he looks like he has a plan for Mr Split. MNight goes franchise. Airbender 2 anyone?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wasted said:

This is what I thought, even without know who Bruce was, like who's this guy, he looks like he has a plan for Mr Split. MNight goes franchise. Airbender 2 anyone?

Maybe that's M's new plan, just recycling the more successful/favoured characters into new movies with each other :lol: