"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

9 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

he has his moments :) but you know i am madly in love with Sid ;)

Even lookswise though.  In my opinion anyway, I get the appeal with Sid but he was always kinda gormless looking, John dressed better, look better, was a fair bit brighter upstairs, John was the full shilling.

On 2017-04-30 at 4:21 PM, Black Sabbath said:

Fast 7 was more specifically Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol. But, with a crazy amount of cars.

2015 was the year of "blockbuster action with the same plot devices." :lol:

Nine Eyes from SPECTRE was basically God's Eye from Furious 7 and the Syndicate from M:I was as shadowy as the SPECTRE organization. Illuminati?

Father Goose (1964)

The second to last film Cary Grant ever did but he's as charming as ever. My first time watching it and I have to say I really enjoyed it even though it's not typically regarded as one of his most memorable.

Charade (1963)

Absolutely wonderful. Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn are a perfect screen pair which is accented by the witty script and endlessly snappy dialogue. Almost a spiritual successor to North By Northwest to a certain extent. Plenty of twists and turns that all come together. Definitely in my top five favorite films of all time.

Roman Holiday (1953)

Found myself in the mood for more Audrey Hepburn so you can't go wrong with the film that made her a star.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2017 at 10:09 AM, bucketfoot said:

Going to see Kong tonight and Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 tomorrow. Can't wait for Guardians, loved the 1st one.

lucky! i love Chris Pratt ;)

i watched Hedwig and the Angry Inch. it is like the 4th or 5th time i have seen it. it is NOT every ones cup of tea but i think it's great and the soundtrack is wonderful.

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

lucky! i love Chris Pratt ;)

i watched Hedwig and the Angry Inch. it is like the 4th or 5th time i have seen it. it is NOT every ones cup of tea but i think it's great and the soundtrack is wonderful.

I really enjoyed Kong tbh. Didn't go to see Guardians today in the end, going tomorrow instead, I'll let you know what I think, although I'm not expecting it to be as good as the first. The trailers have looked great though.

Now...

Covered by....

Great movie! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

I really enjoyed Kong tbh. Didn't go to see Guardians today in the end, going tomorrow instead, I'll let you know what I think, although I'm not expecting it to be as good as the first. The trailers have looked great though.

Now...

Covered by....

Great movie! :thumbsup:

it really is! :) and that cover is rockin' :headbang: thanks!

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

On 5/1/2017 at 4:16 PM, Whiskey Rose said:

Late to the party, but The Wolverine and then X-men Origins: Wolverine. I guess I watched them out of order :lol:

I really really enjoyed The Wolverine but after watching Origins I thought it was the superior movie.. looking forward to Logan.

Just watched Logan. Violent as fuck, it's awesome. Every time I saw the cartoons or the X Men movies I always thought to myself, "why doesn't he just knife the motherfuckers?" 

17 minutes ago, AxlisOld said:

Just watched Logan. Violent as fuck, it's awesome. Every time I saw the cartoons or the X Men movies I always thought to myself, "why doesn't he just knife the motherfuckers?" 

So I take it this time he just knifes the motherfuckers. :lol: Looking forward to it even more now!

Watching the movie of Mamma Mia! for the first time, as I can be partial to a musical. I get that it's based on a stage play, so I'd understand that the acting could be in the style of musical theatre, but this is a whole other level of cheesy. The only bit that really shines is Meryl Streep singing The Winner Takes It All. There are other movie musicals based on stage plays which use the live action aspects of a play really well, such as Chicago and Hairspray. I was expecting better acting from a high calibre cast. 

17 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

So I take it this time he just knifes the motherfuckers. :lol: Looking forward to it even more now!

Erm.... yes... he does. Claws going through heads, necks, faces, you name it. I was quite shocked actually and I'd heard it was violent. :lol: It's a brilliant movie!

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 - Fucking Brilliant! (covered it in a bit more depth in the Guardians thread) 9/10 :thumbsup:

Kong: Skull Island - Really enjoyed this as well. John C. Reilly is excellent. 7.5/10 :thumbsup:

I feel like fucking Siskel and Ebert. :lol::thumbsup:

Edited by bucketfoot

12 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Guardians ot the Galaxy Vol.2 - Fucking Brilliant! (covered it in a bit more depth in the Guardians thread) 9/10 :thumbsup:

Kong: Skull Island - Really enjoyed this as well. John C. Reilly is excellent. 7.5/10 :thumbsup:

I feel like fucking Siskel and Ebert. :lol::thumbsup:

yay! been waiting on this from you. gonna check out the Guardians thread :)

• Like 1

I Saw the Light. This is why I don't watch biopics of people I love. Terrible.

Star Trek Beyond. Pretty good. I'm not a big sci-fi fan or Star Trek fan but I've actually liked these new ones.

Othello 1995

I love Kenneth Brannagh as Iago.  Something about supreme villiany really cranks my cock, whether its Rameses in The Ten Commandments or Bill Sykes in Oliver Twist, just the unrepenting villians in stories, i love em, I guess because they propel stories and make them interesting, I guess they sort of embody an aincent archetype and aincient archetypical...themes and notions, greed, envy, self interest, its probably a result of growing up in a highly moralistic Judeo-Christian culture, its sort of the other side of the stone, it goes right back to original sin and Cane and Abel and...the inherent ugliness in the human experience, cuz we all know of good and right and we all know what is just...but our propulsion towards the opposite is ever-present...and there's no real decent explanation for it.  I guess they are easier to understand, the human race being a greedy and avaricious and spiteful bunch, its weakness when all is said and done.  Theatrical manifestations of it are just delightful though and Iago is a brilliant character in that sense.  I love the monologues towards the audience especially...because its like you're his co-conspirator.  And the arrogance.  I just lap it up.  And with Othello its just awful because you know he's gonna succeed :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1