Steven & Deanna Adler Reddit AMA - January 26th

13 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Yeah, so why doesn't he just say that instead of giving cryptic half answers that make him look like shady politician?

Because He's Axl Rose. He's paranoid and mentally beat up because he's always been overly sensitive and the media has just destroyed him over the years. He probably feels like his words have been used against him so many times over the years so, he chooses his words carefully kind of like Duff does. He's also paranoid about non stop lawsuits so he probably feels he has to be careful about something being used against him.

Not justifying it just saying that this is Axl. He's not always the most stable emotionally or mentally and, he just has a wild eyed outlook on things. It's his band, being the new Guns N Roses and if they go down he's going down swinging. They needed a bass player so they got Duff. They needed a lead guitar player, so they got Slash. They probably felt that they didn't need anybody else so, Axl hoped to work izzy and steven into a handful of shows with a couple of guest spots. Steven agreed to it because he desperately wanted to be there, Izzy didn't

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

What really sucks about it is that if the "big 3" want to make it happen, then they can easily do it. With the ridiculous amount of money they're making, they can totally make it work so the 5 are happy. If they ever stop being SO FN' GREEDY and care about their two "brothers" and their fans, we'll get the GNR that blew the world away in a heartbeat.

Ratt? Nah, I hope it's Metallica. It would be good for both parties :P

He could be Led Zeppelin's permanent replacement for Bonzo. Although apparently Robert Plant is dead against hiring him because he's jealous of his hair...

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Because He's Axl Rose. He's paranoid and mentally beat up because he's always been overly sensitive and the media has just destroyed him over the years. He probably feels like his words have been used against him so many times over the years so, he chooses his words carefully kind of like Duff does. He's also paranoid about non stop lawsuits so he probably feels he has to be careful about something being used against him.

Not justifying it just saying that this is Axl. He's not always the most stable emotionally or mentally and, he just has a wild eyed outlook on things. It's his band, being the new Guns N Roses and if they go down he's going down swinging.

You know who would make them swing?

Steven Adler.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

He could be Led Zeppelin's permanent replacement for Bonzo. Although apparently Robert Plant is dead against hiring him because he's jealous of his hair...

You know who would make them swing?

Steven Adler.

I want Adler back full time too believe me. I know some hate reading it for whatever reason but, it looks like Frank would have to quit for Adler to be brought back full time. Same for Fortus if Izzy wants to come back full time and get paid well for it.

Hey, am I the only one who lost his mind when Steven said he'd like to play Coma!? 

3 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Haha, that would be so awesome actually!!

2 hours ago, Original said:

If he's truly out then why not let loose and spill all he has on the reunion?

This. I don't think he's out. The guy just mis-spelled Dizzy, or is it Izzy? I mean, he's not being clear enough with his thoughts so I'm not convinced that he's out. Axl and Duff have talked GNR. Fortus has talked GNR. Steven isn't even an official band member so, he could still very well show up.

Idk, it just looks like some around here are reading too much into it and are jumping the gun

Just now, Billsfan said:

I want Adler back full time too believe me. I know some hate reading it for whatever reason but, it looks like Frank would have to quit for Adler to be brought back full time. Same for Fortus if Izzy wants to come back full time and get paid well for it.

I'm actually fine with this current lineup. I just don't agree with the way they keep us in the dark. I feel like they think having the possibility of having Adler show up every now and then and not ruling out Izzy publicly, they think the aura of mystique and hope may squeeze out a few more ticket sales.

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

but it was everything that I thought it was going to be. It was the complete opposite.

WHAT??? First he says it was everything he expected it was going to be (did he know it was only going to be guest appearance?)..then he says its opposite.. I dont understand this contradiction..

it's not the magic and it's not fair to the fans. Me and Dizzy actually really do wanna be a part of it.

What's not fair to the fans? I think MOST people want to see Steven even if its 2 songs rather than nothing..

Well if he is already part of it like last year than it only needs Izzy.. It's not ' we actually wanna be a part of it'... Even if its guest appearance for Izzy we get to savor the AFD5 for 2 songs..

Someone please explain this to me... i'm confused!!!!

He always spoke openly about how a reunion had to be the original 5, maybe matt on drums for the illusion material. Instead, Axl decided to continue the last lineup and just try and deal izzy and steven in on guest spots versus being on salary.

Lets be real, when you heard that the "Reunion" was happening, did you think they would play Chinese democracy songs? Because I was on here a year ago and very few did... Adler is no different

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexC said:

I'm actually fine with this current lineup. I just don't agree with the way they keep us in the dark. I feel like they think having the possibility of having Adler show up every now and then and not ruling out Izzy publicly, they think the aura of mystique and hope may squeeze out a few more ticket sales.

Pfft. A trio of idiots it's what they are.

• Like 1

As is frequent in the music business, the lineup decisions come down to the bottom line.  The Big 3 were promised $3M a show last summer...from a business perspective, Steven and Izzy would have been a risk to that payday due to their prior unavailabilies, either through health or desire issues.

However, things might be different during this summer's domestic tour.  Take a look at the seat maps on Ticketmaster for shows like Buffalo and Hershey...as things stand now, Live Nation is going to take a big hit on those shows.  Axl might be forced to strike a deal with Izzy and Steven to boost demand.

Though I'm just one person here, this is the only way I'd see them again (after seeing them in 1988, 1991,1992 and 2016.)  Last summer's show was good entertainment, but the magic was missing from when I first saw the original lineup.  My thoughts run parallel to Steven's here...give me the original 5 again, or I too will happily stay home with my wife, friends and drum set!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Shitty day for GNR. Wish he answered the real stuff then. Ive loved the "reunion" tour but the more I think about it, I think it is shameful how they treated Izzy and Steven. They should be at every show on every AfD song if they wanted. 

I do think Ill sit out the 2017 legs of the grand nostalgia train. Loved the past shows last year, and will go if they are near me, but fuck traveling. 

I also doubt we will ever hear a new GNR song again.

Yeah, idk about going to Buffalo now. Shame Axl couldn't check his ego and give the fans what they wanted and, it's a bit of a shame too that Duff and Slash just lined up and did the same thing but, we don't have their Bills so...maybe they had their reasons? Maybe they did it feeling like it would be progress and Axl would ease up even more to the idea of a full reunion. Maybe they didn't care and just wanted to increase their bank accounts

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Well they didn't do any interviews or promotion for the 2016 tour and they still sold out shows. So apparently it worked, whether ya like it or not. We'll see how much longer that luck carries them...

5 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Yeah, I was shocked when i read that. he also said he plays about 12 or 13 songs from the Illusions records.

Hopefully there will be footage of him playing those songs at some point. Wanna see those songs played "the right way" :)

6 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah, idk about going to Buffalo now. Shame Axl couldn't check his ego and give the fans what they wanted and, it's a bit of a shame too that Duff and Slash just lined up and did the same thing but, we don't have their Bills so...maybe they had their reasons? Maybe they did it feeling like it would be progress and Axl would ease up even more to the idea of a full reunion. Maybe they didn't care and just wanted to increase their bank accounts

I think it would have been kinda fine if they went out with The Employees the first year so the 3 of them could make more money and also they could give closure to the CD era, letting Axl sing those songs one last tour but after that, a proper reunion should have happened...

16 minutes ago, AlexC said:

So is that it? Is it over? No more questions and answers?

Yes, this was the last message:

Steven: Thank you guys so much for having me. I hope everybody on the AMA enjoyed this. I love you all and next time I'll come back again. Just ask me, I'll be back. You know I'm lying, right? I never want to come back to this place again. I love you guys so much. Thank you.

Deanna: And I want to thank everyone for having us here. I wanna tell you, people, they make fun of me. They thought I was in denial.

Steven: You are.

Deanna: Well, I was. And you hear all this medical bunk about co-dependency. All I know is I have never given up on Steven. If I had given up on Steven, he would probably be dead now. I'm happy that I never gave up. So, who's the wiser here? My son is clean, happy, and playing drums again. Please, everyone. Read the book. Buy the book. Buy the book and read it. You're gonna love. You're gonna see that everything's gonna be alright.

Steven: Or my brother, Chuck, will come and kick your ass

• Like 1

Just finished reading through it. He only answered one question regarding the current state of GNR and pretty much made it clear in his answer that he ain't gonna be playing with them anymore. Oh well. At least he got to play with them a bit last year, and seems to be doing well now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Padme said:

So Izzy wants to be part of it. And he is not allowed. Steven is right. It is fuckin' unfair to us :max:

He's allowed. Just only guest spots. Same with Steven. Axl clearly doesn't feel like sacrificing Fortus and Frank for guys he feels quit on them, clearly. I mean Adler was fired but, we all know his story with Axl and the bad blood that was there so...

It is a bit unfair but, sadly its Axl's call. I've been saying this for month, I seriously oubt Slash and Duff came into this saying "I can't wait to play Chinese Democracy and Better because they're great Guns N Roses songs"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

He's allowed. Just only guest spots. Same with Steven. Axl clearly doesn't feel like sacrificing Fortus and Frank for guys he feels quit on them, clearly. I mean Adler was fired but, we all know his story with Axl and the bad blood that was there so...

It is a bit unfair but, sadly its Axl's call. I've been saying this for month, I seriously oubt Slash and Duff came into this saying "I can't wait to play Chinese Democracy and Better because they're great Guns N Roses songs"

If anything, Duff at least likes CITR the most

Edited by Mendez

12 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Going on Axl's past statements, people shouldn't have expected more:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/axl_would_only_reform_gnr_with_slash_and_duff.html

Look, i am disappointed that Izzy and Steven aren't involved either, but Axl clearly said he would prefer to reform with Slash and Duff. That said, Axl and Guns N' Roses did negotiate with Izzy and Steven, so it isn't as if he didn't try. Steven got his part-time roles at some shows, and Izzy fell through. It sucks, but that's just the way things are.

Yeah, I'm still happy we at least have what we have now, instead of complete tools like Bumblefoot, Ashba, Stinson, and Pitman (whom I've been criticizing long before they left the band).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah, I'm still happy we at least have what we have now, instead of complete tools like Bumblefoot, Ashba, Stinson, and Pitman (whom I've been criticizing long before they left the band).

I didn't mind Bumble, he seemed like a pretty cool and talented guy. I agree in that i prefer this lineup though. Here's hoping that AFD's 30 year reunion will open some pathways to getting Steven and Izzy in on a more involved basis.