The True Story Behind My World (Use Your Illusion 2)

17 minutes ago, J Dog said:

It is what it is. Always viewed it more like an outro. Kinda cool, crazy little beat going on. Weird song but eh I've heard worse.

And this is the thing, it's not meant to be subject to so much fuckin' scrutiny, it's just a funky little outro.  Nice little modernist touch.  I admire Axls spirit in that sense, though he is pretty shit at it, he does try to like...take the music into different territories.  Personally I think Tastes Good, Don't It should've made it onto an album.

• Like 4

Just now, Len Cnut said:

And this is the thing, it's not meant to be subject to so much fuckin' scrutiny, it's just a funky little outro.  Nice little modernist touch.  I admire Axls spirit in that sense, though he is pretty shit at it, he does try to like...take the music into different territories.  Personally I think Tastes Good, Don't It should've made it onto an album.

I would loved to hear a clean studio version of Taste Good. You're spot on with My World. I never got why  people get their panties in a bunch over it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I would loved to hear a clean studio version of Taste Good. You're spot on with My World. I never got why  people get their panties in a bunch over it.

Sometimes they play it and it sounds great and other times it too rocky, it needs to be done like Sex Rap by The Chilli Peppers.  Heavy on the Duff bass and Slash getting funky with that talkbox shit.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Wanker.

59 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

:lol:

You know I'm right, its like saying Doggystyle is somehow a lesser album because of one of its skits, its preposterous.

You know what has good skits? The Chronic. The intro is classic, Deeez Nuuutz became pop culture, and I like the one where the guy is like street preaching and he's like, if I have to die today for this little African standing right here then I'm a dead motherfucker.

Not saying My World is anything special and not comparing Axl to Reznor or Zombie or anything, but if you go by the time frame when he did My World, I can say he was fairly early playing around with that sound.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, J Dog said:

You know what has good skits? The Chronic. The intro is classic, Deeez Nuuutz became pop culture, and I like the one where the guy is like street preaching and he's like, if I have to die today for this little African standing right here then I'm a dead motherfucker.

'damn busta ass HIV pussy havin' m'fuckaz'

'yo yo Daz, Eazy cum, Easy go'

Thats fuckin' grim, even for the raw diss standards of that era :lol:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

'damn busta ass HIV pussy havin' m'fuckaz'

'yo yo Daz, Eazy cum, Easy go'

Thats fuckin' grim, even for the raw diss standards of that era :lol:

That's cold dog. A lot of shit got talked back then, I don't know where the line is but that's fucking close.

"You need to change ya sex and ya occupation

You try to fuck with E better run run run"

Get 'me E!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J Dog said:

That's cold dog. A lot of shit got talked back then, I don't know where the line is but that's fucking close.

"You need to change ya sex and ya occupation

You try to fuck with E better run run run"

Get 'me E!

That and No Vaseline are the rawest i think.  Hit Em Up is up there too but it just has a ranting air to it almost

23 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

That and No Vaseline are the rawest i think.  Hit Em Up is up there too but it just has a ranting air to it almost

Hit Em Up is kinda its own little thing.

No Vaseline is vicious.

Except for Snoop just being young Snoop, I thought Real Muthaphuckin Gz & Its On kicked Dre Day's ass.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

I won't lie, an industrial album by Axl Rose by mid to late 90's would impress Young Maynard a lot. I was starting to dig NIN, Manson, Rammstein and Axl was my idol, I'd cream my pants if he took that road. A collection of songs like OMG and My World could've worked, especially if he could keep Beaven, Howerdel, BH and Finck around.

But sure, ballads about Stephanie Seymour sung by Mickey Mouse is much better :lol:

1 hour ago, maynard said:

I won't lie, an industrial album by Axl Rose by mid to late 90's would impress Young Maynard a lot. I was starting to dig NIN, Manson, Rammstein and Axl was my idol, I'd cream my pants if he took that road. A collection of songs like OMG and My World could've worked, especially if he could keep Beaven, Howerdel, BH and Finck around.

But sure, ballads about Stephanie Seymour sung by Mickey Mouse is much better :lol:

I'd love to travel in time and talk shit about Axl to you and see you defend him. It would be so weird! :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, J Dog said:

awwwwww :heart:

6 hours ago, J Dog said:

It is what it is. Always viewed it more like an outro. Kinda cool, crazy little beat going on. Weird song but eh I've heard worse.

we all have but good point ;)

2 hours ago, J Dog said:

Hit Em Up is kinda its own little thing.

No Vaseline is vicious.

Except for Snoop just being young Snoop, I thought Real Muthaphuckin Gz & Its On kicked Dre Day's ass.

See i never went in for the Eazy disses simply because like...a good diss is like...grounded in reality?  And Death Row and them were on the up at the time...and at E's expense, so it kinda made their ones hit harder.

4 hours ago, Gackt said:

Better off listening to the backing track without the goofy samples put on top of it :P

Haha, yeah true. I own 250+ Bucket albums so am familiar with his portfolio. Monsters and Robots is a highlight though, love the drumming. With he'd do more with real drummers.

• Like 1

On 30/01/2017 at 3:42 AM, SoundOfAGun said:

When he says "guess what I'm doing now", is he meant to be smoking dope or wanking? I never could tell. As for the song, it's a bit silly. It's like Axl vomited a medical dictionary over a synth loop.

Yeah he's smokin weed, seems like he was in abit of a pot smoking phase if anyone's seen that photo taken from the studio with the large quantity of hydro sitting next to the keyboard.

1 hour ago, Silverburst80 said:

Yeah he's smokin weed, seems like he was in abit of a pot smoking phase if anyone's seen that photo taken from the studio with the large quantity of hydro sitting next to the keyboard.

Seen that, that's a huge fucking bud!