GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

There certainly seems to be some wires crossed somewhere along the line, that's for sure. :lol:  

Could be one of the following:

1. Meegan doesn't know what the hell she is talking about

2. Slash is telling her the wrong info, or no info and she's presuming 

3. Myles is dazed and confused about what's happening with his own band.  

4. Everyone is confused about what's happening.  

You know it wouldn't surprised me if it's no.4 :facepalm:

Can you imagine the text messages flying about after that Myles interview? LOL  Everyone be like, WTF is going on?  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

5. It's all Axl's fault. 

You know in some twisted way it would be :rofl-lol:

6 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Could be one of the following:

1. Meegan doesn't know what the hell she is talking about

2. Slash is telling her the wrong info, or no info and she's presuming 

3. Myles is dazed and confused about what's happening with his own band.  

4. Everyone is confused about what's happening.  

You know it wouldn't surprised me if it's no.4 :facepalm:

Can you imagine the text messages flying about after that Myles interview? LOL  Everyone be like, WTF is going on?  

6. Myles lied to Trunk (Poor Eddie)

• Haha 1

@BorderlineCrazy would know more about this than me, but does slash still record with all the other band members at the studio?

I remember him talking about Velvet Revolver and how recording styles aren't the same as they used to be. That now, everyone records separately and then sends their parts in. If that's the case, that could be why Myles is confused. Slash could be recording stuff for SMKC without him knowing about it 100%.

4 minutes ago, Zoot said:

I remember him talking about Velvet Revolver and how recording styles aren't the same as they used to be. That now, everyone records separately and then sends their parts in. If that's the case, that could be why Myles is confused. Slash could be recording stuff for SMKC without him knowing about it 100%.

Possible, but Meegan said "They get back in the studio at the end of the month"

And Myles is clueless if Slash is doing that....or he is a great actor....

14 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Actually, if we give it a thought, maybe Slash was intended to record for SMKC, hence Meegan saying it, but meanwhile he received a certain call in the lines of 'Hey Slash, I think I'm ready to hit the studio for Guns right now (:rofl-lol:), will you come over?' and he had to postpone the SMKC thing again, hence Myles saying ''with the Guns things doing so well'.

No, just kidding, it's still Axl's fault, but this was not how it went down :P 

I can totally imagine this happening. :facepalm:  I can also totally imagine Slash dropping everything to run back to Axl.  Poor Myles!  He did sound a tad flat in the interview. LOL

18 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Possible, but Meegan said "They get back in the studio at the end of the month"

And Myles is clueless if Slash is doing that....or he is a great actor....

Do you mean to tell me Meegan knows more about what's going on with SMKC than Myles? :lol:  Wouldn't be surprised. 

31 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Funny thing is people criticize Slash for "only caring" about SMKC when it's been exactly the other way around the last two years. He fucked his well-functioning, productive, drama-free band. IF SMKC never find its groove again, it's all on Slash. He single-handedly screwed the band for money (replace "money" for "friendship" or whatever other romantic reason if it makes you feel better).

I think is odd that Myles gave those answers, as if SMKC is not in his plans at all....if all his mates like you said, made time in 2018 for SMKC apparently they forgot to tell him.....such functional band:rofl-lol:

But in my opinion, Meegan is right, he simply lied to Eddie, for whatever reason he has.

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Maybe it's just that Myles doesn't want to stay anything officially until Slash does? 

So Myles can't say anything. But Meegan can? It doesn't add up. If Slash wants to keep a secret, everyone should be on the same page. 

1 hour ago, Padme said:

So Myles can't say anything. But Meegan can? It doesn't add up. If Slash wants to keep a secret, everyone should be on the same page. 

No, didn't say he can't say anything just maybe he didn't want to as telling a couple of fans something in Instagram comments is not the same thing as telling Eddie Trunk on something to be broadcast. 

To be fair I didnt even listen to it so I could be missing the way it was said or whatever 

35 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

No, didn't say he can't say anything just maybe he didn't want to as telling a couple of fans something in Instagram comments is not the same thing as telling Eddie Trunk on something to be broadcast. 

To be fair I didnt even listen to it so I could be missing the way it was said or whatever 

I know a radio interview is not the same as IG. But if you are told to keep a secret, then keep it secret even on IG. Meegan could've said she didn't know. Or she could've ignored the question. Honestly I find all these secrets and mystery from all sides really stupid. But if they want to keep secrets. At least they should do it right

1 hour ago, Padme said:

I know a radio interview is not the same as IG. But if you are told to keep a secret, then keep it secret even on IG. Meegan could've said she didn't know. Or she could've ignored the question. Honestly I find all these secrets and mystery from all sides really stupid. But if they want to keep secrets. At least they should do it right

I know right?  The whole thing is just one big :facepalm:  

I don't know why, when asked a direct question as to whether or not Myles had had 'a dialogue' with Slash about 'starting up SMKC again' Myles couldn't have just said something along the lines of: 

Oh yeah, we're already heading to the studio to record that album we half wrote years back so that's really exciting too, 2018 is going to be a great year!  :dance:

Or nah, that's being shelved for the time being while we try and work things around everyone busy schedules.  -_-

Or even, Oh, I'm just concentrating on my solo record for now.  :D

It's not that hard is it? 

Instead we get...It's been talked about. :ph34r:   Just...obviously with the Guns thing doing so well... :ph34r:  We'll just have to wait and see how that all plays out... :ph34r:

Really Myles, please do enlighten us as to what is obvious?  Nothing is particularly obvious to us fans.  What's obvious to you...hmmmmm? B-)

All fun and games with GNR. :awesomeface:

51 minutes ago, Padme said:

But both times @MillionsOfSpiders said "MAYBE Myles doesn't WANT to say anything", you're implying he's not allowed out of nowhere. They (or at least Meegan) were clearly not told to keep a secret. I mean, Meegan could make a mistake once but not a second time like a week or so after, that would be the epitome of stupidity. If Meegan is talking out loud about the SMKC thing is either because Slash doesn't care about it being public or because he actually wants the news to be out there without having to say it himself. 

4 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I think is odd that Myles gave those answers, as if SMKC is not in his plans at all....if all his mates like you said, made time in 2018 for SMKC apparently they forgot to tell him.....such functional band:rofl-lol:

Hmm, they toured the world six years in a row, released two albums, two live albums, never had any kind of trouble, were always honest and outspoken about their future (all of them, they didn't have to ask for permission to give interviews) and were about to release a third album until GNR came in the picture. If you think that's a dysfuncional band then I don't know what a functional band is to you and I better not ask you what you think about GNR...

Anyway, Myles never said there won't be SMKC in 2018. GNR finished their tour a few days ago and Alter Bridge is still on tour. Myles still has to plan his solo tour, see to what places he's gonna go and when so maybe it's too early to talk about next year. It's not really his fault that we're desperate to know what's gonna happen because everything is secret with GNR.

--------------------------------------------

On a more important note, Slash is playing a show with some brilliant musicians tonight. Here he's playing with Rob Halford, Nita Strauss, Richie Faulkner, Glenn Sobel and his old pal David Ellefson. Beyond cool!

And Alice!

• Like 4