GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

19 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I’ve listened to it a few times. I liked the ballad - The One You Loved Is Gone, but the rest is just meh for me. As expected to be honest because I didn’t like the other two albums and only bits and pieces from Slash’s other projects. 

So I guess I will hoping they play the ballad when I see him at his Doncaster show :lol:

I listened....frankly Slash did good, but for fucks sake....the lyrics are lame and repetitive....I read that in the booklet he says thank you to Axl, Beta and the super idiot of Fernando.

Rolling Stone just want a new GNR album:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/review-slash-reminds-us-glory-165309733.html

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I listened....frankly Slash did good, but for fucks sake....the lyrics are lame and repetitive....I read that in the booklet he says thank you to Axl, Beta and the super idiot of Fernando.

www.rollingstone.com/music/music-album-reviews/review-slash-reminds-us-of-his-glory-days-on-living-the-dream-727709/

Link isn’t working.

He left out Vanessa in the thank you’s? Harsh! :lol:

Rolling Stone can want all they like, it feels like we will never get that album :max:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tifalucis said:

Lol yes I was like wait this is the Vogue magazine?? They should fire whoever wrote that because that is not journalism. Or any kind of fashion journalism.

yo' easy on that "firing" thing..... People should not lose their jobs over something so petty but Vogue should revise their content, I guess..... although, I think they were poking fun at Axl.
I'm not sure.

49 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I read that in the booklet he says thank you to Axl, Beta and the super idiot of Fernando.

WHAT?? :wow:

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

yo' easy on that "firing" thing..... People should not lose their jobs over something so petty but Vogue should revise their content, I guess..... although, I think they were poking fun at Axl.
I'm not sure.

WHAT?? :wow:

Yes. Slash says thank you to Axl, Beta and Nando. Read the thread where everyone is putting their reviews.

14 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Why? I think is a good sign...for me is very good.

What you mean it's a good sign?? That he thanks Axl, sure, that's an awesome sign. Now, thank TB?? That's just hypocrisy on both parts. If at any moment Axl decides he's mad at Slash again, those leeches will disappear from Slash life in a second - all that fake support will be gone. Is Slash blind? Where was he during the years when these same people were selling him as 'the devil'? Does money kill brain cells? 

UfWQ.gif

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

16 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Why? I think is a good sign...for me is very good.

It is good that they get along but including TB in the credits of his solo album is a LITTLE TOO MUCH, in my opinion.

Maybe I'm just more visceral and not an strategic thinker as Slash is, if he wants to remain in GN'R for a long time he also has to remain on the good side of TB or else, "picasesos" will be talking about the devil again.

So... yeah.... I'm not up for those kind of things but I ain't Slash :shrugs:

• Like 2

Anyway...Slaxl, so I don't get too mad about TB :P 

These two pics appeared side by side on my instagram explore. And, I mean, help me out here...You can also see that they both chose girlfriends who could pass as doppelgangers of the other? I'm not imagining this all, am I? This Meegan pic and this Axl pic look so alike, it's even creepy  :lol: 

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, dgnr said:

What you mean it's a good sign?? That he thanks Axl, sure, that's an awesome sign. Now, thank TB?? That's just hypocrisy on both parts. If at any moment Axl decides he's mad at Slash again, those leeches will disappear from Slash life in a second - all that fake support will be gone. Is Slash blind? Where was he during the years when these same people were selling him as 'the devil'? Does money kill brain cells? 

UfWQ.gif

I care about Axl...I like very much that he thank him...is a good sign. I don't care for TB....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/review-slash-reminds-us-glory-165309733.html

Could it be... :wow:

Hello! hi to everyone!

Another Slash interview

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/slash-talks-miraculous-guns-n-roses-reunion-new-album-lemmys-death-more

Interesting parts:

He'd been through a post-Guns round of success and agony with the supergroup Velvet Revolver, which broke apart amid the usual acrimony and lead-singer dysfunction in 2008. The Conspirators are different, allowing Slash an open-ended outlet to record and tour under his own name, with some musicians whose company he continues to enjoy. And he's confident both bands can co-exist into the future, even as the vague, but real, possibility of creating new material with Axl and Duff hangs in the air.

This miraculous thing happened where Guns N' Roses more or less got back together. We ended up touring for a year and a half before there was a break. And I thought, during that break, I want to bet back to the Conspirators and do a record. 

The Conspirators is something very near and dear to me that I will continue to do. At the same, all of a sudden Guns N' Roses is back together and I want to do that. When I did the Snakepit thing, it was just a side-project to do after the last big Guns N' Roses tour [in 1993]. It was a different thing altogether. It wasn't very stable. [Laughs] I was just doing it for fun.

WHAT IS IT LIKE TO HAVE TWO MAIN OUTLETS NOW?
This all really just happened. The Living the Dream record with the Conspirators is great. And having just spent two years with Guns N' Roses has a great awesome thing to it as well. So now it's a mater of juggling between the two. I don't know what the future brings. But it seems doable.

WITH GN'R, THERE'S A LOT OF BUILT-IN INTEREST AND EXPECTATION AS A GIGANTIC BAND. IT MUST CHANGE WHAT YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH.
Actually, with Guns N' Roses, it's sort of self-enduring, self-maintaining. It's relatively easy. We get together and we work and we get on the road and work our asses off. It's been a real simple touring experience. It doesn't require a lot of thought about how to this or how to do that. We just keep going.

WITH GUNS N' ROSES, YOU'RE ALSO IN A BAND THAT MEANS A LOT TO PEOPLE. HAVE YOU GIVEN ANY THOUGHT TO YOUR OWN HISTORY?
I never stop and think about what my contribution is to all this. Being part of Guns N' Roses — when I was out on the road with those guys the last couple of years, I was reminded of the significance the band and the records have had for people. That is almost a surreal kind of feeling.

Being involved with something again 20 years later, after being away from it for so long, and going out and having the enthusiasm and love that people have shown the band, it's very humbling. You feel very fortunate being involved in a situation that has stood the test of time for that long. 

A LOT OF PEOPLE WERE SURPRISED WHEN GN'R DID VELVET REVOLVER'S "SLITHER" THIS YEAR ON THE ROAD. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?
When we first started rehearsing, we had a pretty lengthy set list. And we had a list of songs which we called "alternative tracks." And "Slither" was actually on there two years ago, but we just never did it. And then we started rehearsing for this last European festival and stadium run that we did. Axl said, "Let's try Slither." We just fell into it and he really dug it.

But in a lot of ways for myself and for Duff, it also had a little bit of homage to Scott [Weiland]. All in all, it was a really cool and cathartic thing to go out and play that song after all these years — especially after losing Scott and playing it for all these people.

FOR A LOT OF BANDS THAT REUNITE, MATERIAL DONE WITH ANOTHER BAND MIGHT BE OFF-LIMITS. IT SEEMS TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THE STATE OF GN'R THAT AXL WOULD SING A VELVET REVOLVER SONG.
There was a really great camaraderie from the get-go — since we got back together. It's been really healthy. Doing something like that is very much in line with how harmonious the whole thing has been. It's a little bit of a statement to how the band is working together.

YOU HAVE ANOTHER BAND, BUT AXL DOESN'T. SHOULD WE ASSUME THAT MEANS YOU WILL BE RECORDING NEW GN'R MUSIC TOGETHER?
We'll see what happens. It's really early to tell what we're going to do with Guns N' Roses and new material. We want to do something. We've been on the road this entire time. We have another leg coming up in November in Southeast Asia, Dubai and South Africa. Then we're going to start looking at what the next step is going to be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Thanks, @Georgina Arriaga! He also talks about the box set and the price of it. It's the first time the price is brought up in an interview.

I think it should be posted in D&N too, so more people can read it.

EDIT: Nevermind, someone already posted it. :lol:

Really, I skip the parts about SMKC and the box set, not interest in neither....jejeje

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yeah, I must admit I skip the SMKC parts too :lol:

The part about Slither is awesome....that Axl (so stubborn!!!) sing a song from a band that I bet my salary , gave him headaches is simply unbelievable! What kind of pill Beta gave him? Just kidding

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

The part about Slither is awesome....that Axl (so stubborn!!!) sing a song from a band that I bet my salary , gave him headaches is simply unbelievable! What kind of pill Beta gave him? Just kidding

I guess is a thankfull ,because Slash play CD songs too

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Shhhh....better not say this to @janrichmond:lol:

:lol:

In my defense, it's exactly the same things about SMKC in every interview. I read in the first 2-3 interviews how Slash met Myles, how the songs of the album came about, when they were recorded, etc. How many times could I read about all this?