GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

On another note, I just read Duff’s book. I skip-read some of his other bands parts, but I read most of the book and all of the important parts I guess.

I do think it is well written and well structured. I am disappointed though, I probably expected too much of his story telling capabilities. And also very likely I am ( a tiny bit) biased against Ned Flanders by now because all things Izzy.

The book just seems to draw him in too much of a good light and he also portrays everyone else to lightly. I understand he doesn’t want to shame anyone and that is a good thing but to be honest and straightforward and dare to portray the people in his book and shaming lies a universe. And that is left out. Hope you get what I mean?

Also I was wondering whether Duff was writing this for his kids in the back of his head. All those sprinkled in little wisdoms and self-criticism, the credits to the girls in the back of the book? It all seems so „whitewashed“ is that the right word? So soft-fuzzied down.

And yeah, my blood got boiling at the „my good friend, my sober friend, my mentor. ... It was your fucking band....“ :max::hahafyou:

Edited by Tori72

44 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Another Slash's interview...interesting about the political stance of Axl

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/09/20/slash-living-dream-guns-n-roses-and-axl-rose-feud/1356821002/

Thanks for sharing! Nice interview. And I also find it interesting what he said about Axl. I don't know CD very well but, apart from CD the song, is there any other song where his lyrics lean on something more political?

10 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

From Merriam Webster website:

aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)

So they consider him "aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)" because he tweets little bullshits about Trump?

:laugh: AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA :laugh:

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Ever since GNR decided to make the AFD3031 poster contest I couldn't get a certain idea out of my head. :ph34r: So here you are

:smiley-confused2:

(credits: with a little help of Mr. Goya :lol:)

HAHAHA Andy!!! Can't believe I don't have emojis to give you. I almost fell off my chair laughing :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: Sometimes I really, really wish Axl reads the thread, so he could see your masterpieces :awesomeface:

Edited by dgnr

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Doesn't Goya have an Alfred kind of guy who comes on the forum and ban you for ruining it his masterpiece? :smiley-confused2:

Goya is out ta get me. :devilshades:

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I just adore the picture with the sheeps!!!!! That's the way the rolling stone interviewer saw him:lol::lol:

That's why I made it! I may post the sheep picture later lol. 

31 minutes ago, dgnr said:

HAHAHA Andy!!! Can't believe I don't have emojis to give you. I almost fell off my chair laughing :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: Sometimes I really, really wish Axl reads the thread, so he could see your masterpieces :awesomeface:

Nope. :max: I only didn't like all the skeleton posters so I had to make this. :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Imagine if Axl was going to see that painting......... what does it say to you? what does it say? :ph34r:

There's nothing to say, his fave hat is included in the painting. :P

14 hours ago, Tori72 said:

And yeah, my blood got boiling at the „my good friend, my sober friend, my mentor. ... It was your fucking band....“ 

Who is that referring to?

14 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Also I was wondering whether Duff was writing this for his kids in the back of his head. All those sprinkled in little wisdoms and self-criticism, the credits to the girls in the back of the book? It all seems so „whitewashed“ is that the right word? So soft-fuzzied down.

At this point I don't think he cares what his daughters do. Both of them have posted photos and stuff on their IG of them smoking and I've seen photos of Grace underage drinking.

9 hours ago, killuridols said:

So they consider him "aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)" because he tweets little bullshits about Trump?

:laugh: AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA :laugh:

Woke is African American Vernacular slang that fell out of fashion awhile ago. It’s not meant to be taken seriously the way it’s being used here, if that helps.

4 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Who is that referring to?

At this point I don't think he cares what his daughters do. Both of them have posted photos and stuff on their IG of them smoking and I've seen photos of Grace underage drinking.

He is referring to izzy.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Ever since GNR decided to make the AFD3031 poster contest I couldn't get a certain idea out of my head. :ph34r: So here you are

:smiley-confused2:

gGl4ESy.jpg

(credits: with a little help of Mr. Goya :lol:)

Poor Axl, someone even stripped his sock, the pain of it is enormous.

3 hours ago, Padme said:

I found this thing in another thread. I don't know what is the worst part of it. The politics, the last name of the reporter, the whole article looks like written by a 5 year old , Vogue magazine, all of the above

https://www.vogue.com/article/woke-axl-rose

I thought Vogue was a serious mag about fashion but that article is lame or maybe the writer is family of Stephanie and they are taking some sort of little revenge on Axl. 

13 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I thought Vogue was a serious mag about fashion but that article is lame or maybe the writer is family of Stephanie and they are taking some sort of little revenge on Axl. 

Lol yes I was like wait this is the Vogue magazine?? They should fire whoever wrote that because that is not journalism. Or any kind of fashion journalism.

10 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

So, anyone listened to the new SMKC album yet? I'm enjoying it so far.

I’ve listened to it a few times. I liked the ballad - The One You Loved Is Gone, but the rest is just meh for me. As expected to be honest because I didn’t like the other two albums and only bits and pieces from Slash’s other projects. 

So I guess I will hoping they play the ballad when I see him at his Doncaster show :lol: