GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

To me Axl is a very unattractive name. He was an attractive man in his younger days for sure and I always felt he wanted a very „edgy“ and unpleasant name for himself, something that doesn’t sound nice or comfy or .... you know? I’d never choose that for my kid. Also I’d never choose a name of a famour person for my kid. But well, matter of taste.

Would you pronounce „Axel“ in english differently than „Axl“, by the way?

I don't know... I think it is slightly different than Axel but I think Axel and Axl have nothing to do with each other. Axl means nothing, or I don't know what it means, but I guess it's something Bill and Izzy created together, isnt it? :question:

In Argentina there are many boys named Axel but they are mostly jewish, so that makes sense. Axel is jewish name and they usually have a last name that combines with the name.

What I hate is people naming their kids with names that have nothing to do with the kid, the family, the roots or the country where they were born. I think we have a pre-approved name list here too because people were going nuts naming their kids with really terrible things, so I THINK it is not allowed to name them whatever the heck you want. But that is new so there's a lot of victims already :facepalm:

The name Axl being unattractive.... I don't know. In my mind there is only one Axl in the world and that is Axl Rose. If I ever meet someone else being called Axl, Im gonna laugh my ass off at them and Im sorry about that but I can't respect anyone named Axl that is not the real Axl.

If you name your kid like that, you have no personality and you are depriving your kid from having a name that represents him, the name of a singer to whom you have no relation with whatsoever :hahafyou:

• GNFNR 1

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I

If you name your kid like that, you have no personality and you are depriving your kid from having a name that represents him, the name of a singer to whom you have no relation with whatsoever :hahafyou:

thank you very much :lol:

24 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't know... I think it is slightly different than Axel but I think Axel and Axl have nothing to do with each other. Axl means nothing, or I don't know what it means, but I guess it's something Bill and Izzy created together, isnt it? :question:

In Argentina there are many boys named Axel but they are mostly jewish, so that makes sense. Axel is jewish name and they usually have a last name that combines with the name.

What I hate is people naming their kids with names that have nothing to do with the kid, the family, the roots or the country where they were born. I think we have a pre-approved name list here too because people were going nuts naming their kids with really terrible things, so I THINK it is not allowed to name them whatever the heck you want. But that is new so there's a lot of victims already :facepalm:

The name Axl being unattractive.... I don't know. In my mind there is only one Axl in the world and that is Axl Rose. If I ever meet someone else being called Axl, Im gonna laugh my ass off at them and Im sorry about that but I can't respect anyone named Axl that is not the real Axl.

It is said that when you name your kid, you find out how many people you hate. 

Your name represent you doesn`t matter how silly it is. You get both your appearance and name from your parents so laugh your ass off because someone has weird look or name... speaks more about you than the other person. Gypsies here tend to name their kids by soap-opera characters, so you have many oddly spelled Argentinian names in particular eastern European communities. You know what`s on TV if you go through newborn names, so... They want their kids to be rich, beautiful and lucky like their soap-opera heroes. 

You don`t necessarily be in touch with someone to have (platonic) relation. If you name your child by some saint or medieval king or grand-grandma you never met, why not a singer?

Archaic traditional names sound weird, too. You can pick traditional, widely used name which doesn`t fit surname...

Here you can`t name kids with impersonal names or things, it can`t be the same as surname and must be grammatically correct and few other rules, so with a bit of paperwork you could have baby Axl. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Alja said:

It is said that when you name your kid, you find out how many people you hate. 

Your name represent you doesn`t matter how silly it is. You get both your appearance and name from your parents so laugh your ass off because someone has weird look or name... speaks more about you than the other person. Gypsies here tend to name their kids by soap-opera characters, so you have many oddly spelled Argentinian names in particular eastern European communities. You know what`s on TV if you go through newborn names, so... They want their kids to be rich, beautiful and lucky like their soap-opera heroes. 

You don`t necessarily be in touch with someone to have (platonic) relation. If you name your child by some saint or medieval king or grand-grandma you never met, why not a singer?

Archaic traditional names sound weird, too. You can pick traditional, widely used name which doesn`t fit surname...

Here you can`t name kids with impersonal names or things, it can`t be the same as surname and must be grammatically correct and few other rules, so with a bit of paperwork you could have baby Axl. 

On point as always... i’d totally name my kid Axl... today, tomorrow, ten years from now...

1 minute ago, Gabrielaerojas said:

On point as always... i’d totally name my kid Axl... today, tomorrow, ten years from now...

I would be careful, even I have quiet strange and rare surname. 

Edited by Alja

31 minutes ago, Alja said:

I LOVEEEE soap operas and the 6 month old male kitten that I just adopted was named after a soap opera character. "Quinn" who was the evil twin on Santa Barbara, my number one fave soap! My kitten is not evil lol..but the name suits him, it's a strong name. :) 

• Like 1

I just checked and in England we can call a kid any name as long as it's not offensive or fraudulent. It's the same in the US too i think. I never knew there were lists that you had to choose from in some countries. I'm getting educated by this forum 👩‍🎓

19 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

342i78z_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

*Forgot, who made this again? 

It was me :ph34r:

I think it's hilarious Axl is the most popular baby name, once historians will be really surprised to find out what the fuck happened that there are so many Axls born in 2018. 

I wouldn't name my son Axl, however, it's a way better than calling him Thigh (in Czech "stehno") which tops the list of the worst names in my country - together with Lucifer, Hermione, Analia or Winnetou. :crazy:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I just checked and in England we can call a kid any name as long as it's not offensive or fraudulent. It's the same in the US too i think. I never knew there were lists that you had to choose from in some countries. I'm getting educated by this forum 👩‍🎓

There are some kids I feel sorry for around here :lol:

Rose is a pretty common surname though, I know loads of 'Rose's' some of them their surname is better than their actual name lol 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

the list of the worst names in my country - together with Lucifer, Hermione, Analia or Winnetou. :crazy:

LUCIFER?? :wow:

Just now, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I hate my name! It is as traditionally English as you can get, boring! 

Hi Elizabeth :wub:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I hate my name! It is as traditionally English as you can get, boring! 

Victoria? :ph34r:

My name is one of the most popular male names in Italy, so whenever I email there I get a reply that addresses me as "signor" 

insta19.gif.86dfdf26ce5071f32b27b6163ab07ca4.gif

• GNFNR 1

45 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I had a ginger cat about 20 years ago, i called him Axl. He disappeared one day and never came back...i think he hated his name.

Lol. I laughed so hard :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: But according to Slash, Axl used to do this kind of thing when he was younger, so the name fitted perfectly :P  You'll see, when you less expect he will appear again with a bunch of creep cats, one of them with a bucket in his head :confused:

32 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

It's not like you're gonna choose from the list cause first it's immense and second it does have some weird, stupid names on it :P It's more like to prevent you to call your kid Manchester United or, let's say, Slash :P 

10 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

It was me :ph34r:

Ok, young lady, now we're sure you're hiding him under your bed! Time to return him to Beta, he already missed Nandinho's wedding :nervous:

:P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3