GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

2 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@dgnr agree with everything you said regarding Axl's punctuality. This new 'on time' Axl is down to contracts and not Angus's influence. IMO.

Yeah, if that was true... If only Angus had told Axl in the late 80s that... :( Our lives would've been completely different!

Just now, Lio said:

Yeah, if that was true... If only Angus had told Axl in the late 80s that... :( Our lives would've been completely different!

I can't personally complain much about his timekeeping he was only about an hour late at each concert i went to in the 90's, but those 1 hour waits were scary.

Does anyone remember if they were late in the spring 2016 shows (Vegas, Coachella, Mexico)? I think they were late in Vegas, I don't know about the other shows.

Most likely there were contracts with predictions for penalties/fines in 2006, 2010 etc. too, but Axl was still late. So I don't think it's mostly due to the contracts. It must be a combination of reasons.

13 minutes ago, Lio said:

I don't think it could have done much back then. He had left Mick and Keith waiting! :lol:

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Most likely there were contracts with predictions for penalties/fines in 2006, 2010 etc. too, but Axl was still late. So I don't think it's mostly due to the contracts. It must be a combination of reasons.

I didn't mean the usual contracts where he gets fined for being late, i think Slash/Duff may have something in writing stipulating that Axl has to be on time and no onstage tantrums. Written in legal terms obvs;)

• Like 3

I didn't mean the usual contracts where he gets fined for being late, i think Slash/Duff may have something in writing stipulating that Axl has to be on time and no onstage tantrums. Written in legal terms obvs;)

Maybe they have in the contract that if he’s late they’ll spill the beans about something Axl wouldn’t want them to. :awesomeface: Or Axl would have to do something he dreads. I’m joking. Still, money alone probably doesn’t scare Axl, especially not after the tour made so many millions he would have started to be late by middle of 2017.

So WHAT is it they have in the contract? lol

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Slash probably has a get-out clause and can walk away with no legal repercussions if Axl starts acting up. 

That's what I think. 

That's what i was trying to say :lol:

Bloody clever northerner :P

That’s a good idea and feels VERY realistic. Still, what made them so sure Axl wants the threeunion so much?

They were pretty late for the 1st Vegas show but Axl had hurt his foot and was in his throne so they had to figure out the logistics of all of that. 2nd show was more on time. MX if I recall was mostly on time although I think one of the shows were late. Coachella I believe was on time. They were the last act of the day.

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Does anyone remember if they were late in the spring 2016 shows (Vegas, Coachella, Mexico)? I think they were late in Vegas, I don't know about the other shows.

I think they were only late on the first Vegas show, but there was the whole getting the throne on the stage, where to place Frank's drumkit...So, in that case, it was understandable.

3 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

So WHAT is it they have in the contract? lol

Steven rejoins full-time. Axl won't risk that for the world.

:P 

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Slash probably has a get-out clause and can walk away with no legal repercussions if Axl starts acting up. 

That's what I think. 

That's more likely. I guess these are the kind of terms that have the ginger behaving himself :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Money? 

Not just that IMO. If Slash walked away again, and this time with an ace up his sleeve that they tried but Axl was still the same asshole from 20 years ago, Axl would be finish. Besides, once Axl agreed with the threeunion, there's no way back for him. There are only a few people that would pay again to see GNR if Slash is not there again. That means European summer festivals or RIR, that he was able to make without Slash before, won't give him a hand if Slash's not there.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

That’s a good idea and feels VERY realistic. Still, what made them so sure Axl wants the threeunion so much?

My personal opinion is Axl wanted to play the big shows again - stadiums and headlining festivals, make GnR big again...and he knows he cannot fuck things up this time or it's all over! 

Still, I am surprised he has managed to go all of this time without one onstage strop or extended disappearance :lol:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Not just that IMO. If Slash walked away again, and this time with an ace up his sleeve that they tried but Axl was still the same asshole from 20 years ago, Axl would be finish. Besides, once Axl agreed with the threeunion, there's no way back for him. There are only a few people that would pay again to see GNR if Slash is not there again. That means European summer festivals or RIR, that he was able to make without Slash before, won't give him a hand if Slash's not there.

If Slash left again i think Axl would just continue on as before, i'm sure people would still go that went in the nuGuns era and probably more casual fans than before. This 'reunion' has raised Axl's profile (and Slash) right back to the top. Tickets would be a lot cheaper too :lol:

6 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

If Slash left again i think Axl would just continue on as before, i'm sure people would still go that went in the nuGuns era and probably more casual fans than before. This 'reunion' has raised Axl's profile (and Slash) right back to the top. Tickets would be a lot cheaper too :lol:

Oh, I think he would continue too, he is insane enough to do it :lol: Thing is: this is a great gig for Slash too, and he wanted to do it for a long time, so if he walked away again there would be a reason: lateness, riots, tantrums, you name it :P And if Slash abandoned the ship would he not say why? Wouldn't the promoters blame the reunion shows that would be canceled on Axl? If Slash left for those reasons, and let the world know about it, Axl's profile would not be on top at all and, therefore, promoters wouldn't risk it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Oh, I think he would continue too, he is insane enough to do it :lol: Thing is: this is a great gig for Slash too, and he wanted to do it for a long time, so if he walked away again there would be a reason: lateness, riots, tantrums, you name it :P And if Slash abandoned the ship would he not say why? Wouldn't the promoters blame the reunion shows that would be canceled on Axl? If Slash left for those reasons, and let the world know about it, Axl's profile would not be on top at all and, therefore, promoters wouldn't risk it.

I can't see Axl fucking this up, i think it means a lot to him. I think this nuAxl is staying put. Slash will stay as long as he can work on other projects and Axl continues to behave himself. Obvs this is just me speculating.

I miss SMKC though:slash:

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

33 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I honestly think Axl would be crushed if Slash walked away again. :( 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I can't see Axl fucking this up, i think it means a lot to him. I think this nuAxl is staying put. Slash will stay as long as he can work on other projects and Axl continues to behave himself. Obvs this is just me speculating.

I miss SMKC though:slash:

This is what I was trying to say with my last post - clever clogs Southerner! 

• Haha 3