GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

46 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Was this posted before?

CLASSLESSACT will be openers for Adler's Appetite! That's so cool!! :devilshades:

YAAAS! Their first gig ever!! I think it's so awesome and it really makes me go all 'awwww' :wub::P And it almost makes me tear up a little cause, even after what the three stooges did to him, Steven still managed to not hold a grudge and help out Slash's son. That's a beautiful thing to do, he has a beautiful soul :heart:

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Here is a Dizzy Reed interview

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2018/02/16/guns-n’-roses’-dizzy-reed-joins-this-weeks-the-music-podcast/

I brought it here because he mentions that he is on call and maybe after the gig he has this weekend, he has 2 weeks off and he goes to the recording studio.....doesn't mention for who....at the end the person doing the interview ask him the question about the rumor about the band and the producer and he didn't denied it.

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

8 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Where is everyone?

Work was crazy this week. Was expecting to come back to 50 pages of the WT!

On 2/15/2018 at 5:44 AM, GingerHair said:

Hi, it's the my first real post so I hope I am doing it OK.

I came across this note and it does look original Axl's handwritting IMO (no???)

Have you seen it and would know what the backstory is? 

I guess it is related to the starting of the band (because he talks about Club touring) and to the Motley Crue so it might be during their tour together in 87/88?Some people were saying in the comments that the P.S. at the end of the note is actually the lyrics of a song (I cannot find it) or just a joke (hum, bad taste). I hope so.

If this note was already discussed in the forum, it'd be great if someone was kind enough to refer to it bc I couldn't find it.

It's the first time I see this and and especially the PS made wonder. But maybe I am wrong and it isn't even Axl's handwriting? :question:

Screen_Shot_2018-02-14_at_23.11.02.png

Very interesting @GingerHair... does look like his handwriting! 

We had a chat a bunch of pages back about misogyny in the band and their eventual evolution and maturity. In particular with Duff who is surrounded  by women. But, yeah, love the music but probably would have hated them as people back in the late 80s and 90s  when they were super fucked up. 

On 2/15/2018 at 12:39 PM, killuridols said:

Was this posted before?

CLASSLESSACT will be openers for Adler's Appetite! That's so cool!! :devilshades:

Is anyone in the thread in LA? If so,  you need to go to this show for the rest of us!!!!

43 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Um ok...

Duff wishes tako a happy birthday??! Did he do so in the past? Don t think so. 

Duff boy you have so many other fans that love you but cannot afford to follow you around the globe... 

Well I think it's really sweet from Duff to wish Tako a happy bday. Duff is showing appreciation. I don't see anything wrong with that. As far as I know, she goes to every show or most of them. She pays for the tickets and hotels. And she takes very good pictures.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Padme said:

Well I think it's really sweet from Duff to wish Tako a happy bday. Duff is showing appreciation. I don't see anything wrong with that. As far as I know, she goes to every show or most of them. She pays for the tickets and hotels. And she takes very good pictures.

She stalks them all over the world and only gets away with it because she's rich. By acknowledging her, he's only fueling her irrational behavior.

Not a good idea, IMO.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zoot said:

She stalks them all over the world and only gets away with it because she's rich. By acknowledging her, he's only fueling her irrational behavior.

Not a good idea, IMO.

Who are you to judge her? She can surely spend her money as she sees fit?

And by following them everywhere, of course the band knows who she is. Aren't they supposed to wish someone they know a happy birthday because she is a fan? That's odd thinking. I personally think it's really nice of Duff.

I wonder how you all would react when Izzy for instance would wish you a happy birthday. Would that be so awful too? I think we all know the answer to that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Not a good idea, IMO.

Stalks them just because she goes to the shows? Just because she goes to most of the shows doesn't make her a stalker. She is not in Seatle chasing Duff around

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Padme said:

Stalks them just because she goes to the shows? Just because she goes to most of the shows doesn't make her a stalker. She is not in Seatle chasing Duff around

Have to agree here. She’s going to their shows for over 2 years but for all we know she is not chasing them around or gossiping private stuff people aren’t supposed to know. For me it’s cool and I think it’s nice of Duff.

If Izzy did that to any of us I’d instantly die. :rofl-lol:

Edited by Tori72

6 minutes ago, Lio said:

Who are you to judge her? She can surely spend her money as she sees fit?

And by following them everywhere, of course the band knows who she is. Aren't they supposed to wish someone they know a happy birthday because she is a fan? That's odd thinking. I personally think it's really nice of Duff.

I wonder how you all would react when Izzy for instance would wish you a happy birthday. Would that be so awful too? I think we all know the answer to that.

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

Did you both conveniently forget when she tried to punish Slash because he wouldn't do what she wanted and then proceeded to rant on facebook about him? That's not normal fan behavior and nether is following a celebrity around the entire world for every single thing they do. There is no way a mentally stable person would do that.

As for the Izzy comment @Lio, how does that apply to this situation? None of us have ever followed him around to my knowledge. Don't hurt yourself reaching that hard. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Just now, Zoot said:

Did you both conveniently forget when she tried to punish Slash because he wouldn't do what she wanted and then proceeded to rant on facebook about him? That's not normal fan behavior and nether is following a celebrity around the entire world for every single thing they do. There is no way a mentally stable person would do that.

As for the Izzy comment @Lio, how does that apply to this situation? None of us have ever followed him around to my knowledge. Don't hurt yourself reaching that hard. :rolleyes:

Ah, forgot about the Slash incident. But if Duff is cool with it, doesn’t it mean Slash is too? 

4 minutes ago, Zoot said:

How's that reaching? It's a musician wishing a fan a happy birthday?

Are you saying if Izzy wished you a happy birthday that would be totally incomparable to Duff wishing Tako one?