GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

58 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Well. The guys from Appetite for Distorsion interview Todd Kerns. If Slash is working on something is not SMKC.

It's strange, isn't it? He sounds a lot unsure of when SMKC will happen again. Which makes me wonder what in the hell is Slash doing now :question: Just enjoying vacations? I mean Kerns mentions in this same interview that Slash is always up to something, that when he's not on the road he's in the studio. So what is Slash doing from last November till next May? Why would Meegan tell he would be doing SMKC from December and then nothing is going on on SMKC world? What's happening? What's going on? What's Slash doing?

5761185.gif

Edited by dgnr
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, dgnr said:

It's strange, isn't it? He sounds a lot unsure of when SMKC will happen again. Which makes me wonder what in the hell is Slash doing now :question: Just enjoying vacations? I mean Kerns mentions in this same interview that Slash is always up to something, that when he's not on the road he's in the studio. So what is Slash doing from last November till next May? Why would Meegan tell he would be doing SMKC from December and then nothing is going on on SMKC world? What's happening? What's going on? What's Slash doing?

5761185.gif

he will be playing with Axl & AC/DC  :lol::P Im joking!

42 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I lost interest in listening to the podcast after about thirty minutes in....

Anyone kind enough to tell me what does Todd say about SMKC? 

The talk about SMKC: Of course will be another record, they have been in constant contact with each other, but the plate is so full for everyone right now that doing right now is not possible, maybe later in the year when Slash compromises with GNR in regard to concerts, he will be free, but they don't know.....he sounds exactly like Myles in Eddie Trunk...very vague and unsure, is in the 1:01 time of the interview ( 1 hour and 1 minute of the interview)

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

The talk about SMKC: Of course will be another record, they have been in constant contact with each other, but the plate is so full for everyone right now that doing right now is not possible, maybe later in the year when Slash compromises with GNR in regard to concerts, he will be free, but they don't know.....he sounds exactly like Myles in Eddie Trunk...very vague and unsure, is in the 1:01 time of the interview ( 1 hour and 1 minute of the interview)

Thanks, just listened to that part. He would like a GnR album too, hope he's told Slash! :lol: 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Maybe Meegan didn't know Myles' schedule.

But the question remains: What is Slash doing now?

"The plate is so full for everyone right now"... I guess this includes Slash too?

Yeah, I can't imagine the others wouldn't drop what they were doing if Slash said he wanted to record an SMKC album. I can't imagine Slash sitting on his ass just because the others don't have time for him right now.

It's been clear for a while as well that GNR would be off after November, it's not just come up all of a sudden so the others couldn't make some time in their agendas. I still think everything points to GNR. Whether or not something actually tangible (or hearable) will come off it, is anyone's guess.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lio said:

Yeah, I can't imagine the others wouldn't drop what they were doing if Slash said he wanted to record an SMKC album. I can't imagine Slash sitting on his ass just because the others don't have time for him right now.

It's been clear for a while as well that GNR would be off after November, it's not just come up all of a sudden so the others couldn't make some time in their agendas. I still think everything points to GNR. Whether or not something actually tangible (or hearable) will come off it, is anyone's guess.

I think Myles was part of the stopping here...He wants to promote his solo album...quite understandable.

But in Nikki Sixx,  Slash said he was working on something......is one of 2 things: Guns or another project.

And what about the ginger one?  he will do AC/DC? Nothing, nothing is confirmed.....if I become the singer of AC/DC I will be publish the news in every social media possible.....

25 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

AC/DC should be happening by now if it's going to happen this year. Axl should be in Vancouver recording if what the AC/DC fans say is right about Angus, he always starts recording in January in Vancouver.

He seems to be still in LA. 

Yes, probably.....but I want confirmation....how do you know if he is still in L.A? He could be in Tulum or in the north Pole...

Interesting piece of Information from Ken Fermanglich, the agent of Guns N' Roses at UTA

https://www.pollstar.com/article/pollstar-live-coverage-off-the-rails-with-paul-bassman-carrie-davis-ken-fermaglich-134542

Guns N’ Roses provides an example of planning to prevent crises. Guns N’ Roses’ earned a reputation as a dangerous band in the early ‘90s, most notably for a riot at the Montreal stop of the 1992 Guns N’ Roses/Metallica stadium tour. A pyrotechnics accident left Metallica singer James Hetfield with second- and third-degree burns and cut short the band's set; fans turned violent after Gun N’ Roses also cut short its set. Montreal wasn't an isolated incident. A year earlier, fans in St. Louis rioted after Rose saw a man with a camera in the crowd—this was pre-smartphone—dove off the stage to confront him, and, once back on stage, blamed the “lame-ass security” for the mishap and walked off. 

So with history as a guide, management laid out clear expectations t Guns N’ Roses’ and explained how deviating from the plan—such as exceeding a curfew—would have financial consequences.  “There was a real change in attitude” from tours of the past,  said Ken Fermaglich, senior vice president, and agent at UTA. (As a side note, during Guns N’ Roses’ hiatus, bass player Duff McKagan attended Seattle University’s business school and co-founded a wealth management firm for musicians.) Touring with AC/DC also helped management steer Guns N’ Roses. AC/DC guitarist Angus Young made clear to Rose his expectations for punctuality. AC/DC goes on stage on time, so the band needed Guns N’ Roses to go on stage on time. “As soon as Axl hears that from his peer, I think something changed. He got it and understood that was an important part of the performance, and he wanted to make Angus happy in that regard, and there was never any issue.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

^^^^^its a pity the band couldnt talk axl into getting on syagfe on time duribg the illusions era. I hope angus has given axl a new attitude. I really wonder if axl knows hes on borrowed time voice wise  and wants to give the fans one last lasting impression.

Thank you @Georgina Arriaga

That quote makes it clear it is the financial consequences they would have to face because of bullshit what provoked a change in attitude.

I also think that nowadays society and audiences are different too and that any BS from the band would have bigger consequences than in the 90s.

9 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Interesting piece of Information from Ken Fermanglich, the agent of Guns N' Roses at UTA

Twainwreck alert

If you read mangers interviews and other texts, you see lots of numbers. That`s how they perceive the world - through prism of money. Even financially-wise artists put art over money, because other way they wouldn`t make it to the top.

There were interesting fragments of information on this, I don`t remember all sources properly (sorry): it`s usually the very top of iceberg which is seen: Background: all the band except Axl was high on drugs, so they did not bother many things as soon as they have supplied their rock`n`roll fantasy. Axl was more and more cut from band, I can just guess how much it was his mental state and how much it was an activity of management to put him onstage in any price (I remember in Nikki`s book how he developed this f*ck it attitude towards this because he (even high on drugs) felt like he is not a human being anymore, but a thing to be used by management to pass money from fans to touring band juggernaut). His life was in shatters, relationships ruined, he couldn`t return to his roots and albeit he was artistically peaking, he was down and suicidal (Making the f*cking videos - don`t cry). And the tour was too big to stop because some whiny diva singer doesn`t feel well. Insanely gifted people often suffer from impostor syndrome and are insecure about abilities for which they are admired. Axl is insecure, he even maintains it until today, it works for him and makes him an uniquely perceptive performer. Suicidal people question reason of their very existence.

Axl must have known about Alamont concert in `69... and you don`t want another Altamont right in front of you because of some Hell`s Angels hot heads can pass anything to front row. 

You don`t want to be grilled alive because the stage set was changed and safe spots are not that safe. 

Other interesting peg is that GNR were the most dangerous band in the world and in some interview Axl mentioned that they wanted them to be both wild, dangerous, and unpredictable and calm, business-wise (like...people had some switch or so), Axl chose authenticity. Artist praised for his emotional, fiery, impredictable performance (and very existence); back then when songs emotions were raw and unprocessed, tiny child who learned to be aggressive to cope with the world, angry young man to become estranged and disillusioned when he found out that rock`n`roll fantasy is well disguised hell and no money and fame guarantee white picket fence happy life - or any kind of happiness. Other think is a persona, and exaggerated version of self an artist creates as a public defense against own vulnerability (Read Janis, she has lots of answers!) which may get under the skin so much that it cannot be distinguished anymore. With Axl`s acting talent and sense of humor... 

I think Axl is business-wise, but not money-driven. He didn`t mind much financial consequences back then (to repeated Steven Tyler`s astonishment) and I don`t think even he learned to control himself well, there may be triggers which make him overlook money, in good or bad. Like meet Angus`s performance habits. Other noticeable difference is his peers are back and sober (different from watching them slowly killing themselves). In so many things he is driven by his inner motivation rather than outside forces or what others do.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

@Alja respectfully disagree with you.....Axl was an ass with the crew, his band and worst of all...his fans...there is not excuse for his impunctuality.

I don't think he was suicidal in that 1991-1993 time...maybe later

Angus is kind of a miracle in Axl's life.

Thank you Angus by take care him :P I agree that Angus was a miracle in his life, but as for this punctuality thing I don't think it was all on Angus in the sense of, after performing with Angus, Axl would have this big epiphany that made him go on stage on time. Of course he had to be on punctual with Angus. Angus was the boss there, so if Axl wanted the job he had to do what the boss wanted.

Nevertheless I don't believe that Slash and Duff and even the promoters, when the threeunion contracts were signed, didn't make it very clear that Axl had to be on stage on time. That was a big deal for Slash back then, so I believe they made sure Axl's punctuality (or the lack of it) wouldn't be a problem on this tour. Axl wouldn't have this change of heart just because of Angus. I believe there's contracts that let him know that he would lose a lot of money if he decided to watch Ninja Turtles at the time of the show.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

@Alja respectfully disagree with you.....Axl was an ass with the crew, his band and worst of all...his fans...there is not excuse for his impunctuality.

I don't think he was suicidal in that 1991-1993 time...maybe later

Angus is kind of a miracle in Axl's life.

Go through that Don`t Cry documentary, Axl destroying a gravestone with his name talking about how 1991 or 2 was very suicidal for him (also fight over gun in the video...).

There are earlier reports on him being ehm... not so okay even before GNR became famous. No, people don`t cut themselves because they overflow with happiness; Axl being all mess in pain for no obvious outer reasons (and raging)...

And Angus is true gift to him :wub:

* I won`t armchair diagnose and because some terms are used in normal talk and not always so precise, it may be difficult

I understand that fans point of view that it`s asshole behavior not to be onstage on time (when there is no other physical reason) but also that "inside" point of view that people want theater they paid for and many people want paycheck and you may be dying, but they expect you to go and play and then microscope the performance. It`s a burden of performer. I have no answer on what is right and what`s not. 

*edit: It`s always much easier to perform if you are wasted, sick, whatever, if you are instrument player.

Edited by Alja
  • Like 1

Look at this article about Smashing Pumpkins reuniting....Billy Corgan came as not a nice person

https://www.spin.com/2018/02/darcy-wretzkys-alleged-texts-with-billy-corgan-show-increasingly-frayed-negotiations-for-smashing-pumpkins-reunion/

Is pertinent because Billy offers to the lady of the original band guest spots like Adler and Izzy.....