GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 minute ago, Zoot said:

Did you both conveniently forget when she tried to punish Slash because he wouldn't do what she wanted and then proceeded to rant on facebook about him? That's not normal fan behavior and nether is following a celebrity around the entire world for every single thing they do. There is no way a mentally stable person would do that.

As for the Izzy comment @Lio, how does that apply to this situation? None of us have ever followed him around to my knowledge. Don't hurt yourself reaching that hard. :rolleyes:

No, I never heard about any incident between her and Slash. But she obviously didn't have any incident with Duff. From Duff point of view she is not a stalker. I only went to few shows because 1) this is not the AFD line up and 2) It is the same set list in the same order for every show.

If things were different I would go to a lot more shows. Would that make me a stalker?

6 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Ah, forgot about the Slash incident. But if Duff is cool with it, doesn’t it mean Slash is too? 

I guess, but it still doesn't seem like a good idea to me. :shrugs:

Just now, Lio said:

How's that reaching? It's a musician wishing a fan a happy birthday?

Are you saying if Izzy wished you a happy birthday that would be totally incomparable to Duff wishing Tako one?

No, it's not. You're trying to compare somebody who never approaches or attempts to interact with a musician to a fan that follows a musician all over the world, acts possessive and feels entitled to special treatment from that musician. And when she doesn't get it, her response is to start throwing a fit on facebook and instagram until "he's sorry".

5 minutes ago, Padme said:

No, I never heard about any incident between her and Slash. But she obviously didn't have any incident with Duff. From Duff point of view she is not a stalker. I only went to few shows because 1) this is not the AFD line up and 2) It is the same set list in the same order for every show.

If things were different I would go to a lot more shows. Would that make me a stalker?

Does it really matter if she's had an incident with Duff or not? One incident with Slash should've been enough to raise a huge red flag for them.

And no, going to a few shows does not make somebody a stalker. This woman has followed slash for YEARS attending probably 80% of his shows (if not more than that) and has shown signs of possessive behavior. That is what made me call her a stalker.

When a complete stranger is following somebody around, trying to control them and acting possessive that should make people concerned. The fact that you guys aren't creeped out by her blows my mind.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zoot said:

I guess, but it still doesn't seem like a good idea to me. :shrugs:

No, it's not. You're trying to compare somebody who never approaches or attempts to interact with a musician to a fan that follows a musician all over the world, acts possessive and feels entitled to special treatment from that musician. And when she doesn't get it, her response is to start throwing a fit on facebook and instagram until "he's sorry".

Does it really matter if she's had an incident with Duff or not? One incident with Slash should've been enough to raise a huge red flag for them.

And no, going to a few shows does not make somebody a stalker. This woman has followed slash for YEARS attending probably 80% of his shows (if not more than that) and has shown signs of possessive behavior. That is what made me call her a stalker.

When a complete stranger is following somebody around, trying to control them and acting possessive that should make people concerned. The fact that you guys aren't creeped out by her blows my mind.

Fair enough, if you say so. I've no idea about trouble she had with Slash. I only see her pics now and then and saw her at a show once. Seemed to me back then that at least Slash and Duff were fine with her :shrugs:

15 minutes ago, Zoot said:

This woman has followed slash for YEARS attending probably 80% of his shows (if not more than that) and has shown signs of possessive behavior. That is what made me call her a stalker.

But is she going to Slash house every day? Again going to shows just because she is rich enough to pay for them doesn't make her a stalker. And because she acted like a spoil brat and childish on one occation doesn't make her a stalker.

Edited by Padme

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

I kind of want to drive to LA for the Adler's Appetite show...

If I weren't already obligated thay week I'd come out to LA. Overdue to see family on the west coast.

7 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Um ok...

It does seem unusual. I assume an assistant prepared this tweet and there's a story behind it. 

13 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

The new bass player of Classlessact is argentinian @killuridols

:wow:

Wooow!! That's awesome! I didn't know. Great news! I'll try to find out more about this kid soon.

-----

Uh, the Tako thing :rolleyes:..... I agree with @Zootin most of the things she said, though I'm not sure I'd call Tako a stalker per se..... Lol, I don't know, to me a stalker is a fat dude living in their parents basement until one day he snaps and goes ape but.... umm... Tako is not a normal super fan either.... She behaves strangely sometimes and that's what rings a bell to me...

I never knew about Tako until the reunion shows. I noticed her at the Troubadour show and it called my attention how she was front row but only looking and cheering to Slash, like in a place of total admiration and adulation. I found it odd. She ignored everybody else, including Axl, or actually deliberately ignoring Axl.

Then I learned she was mainly a Slash fan and I figured she must have hated Axl for all those years he used Guns N' Roses name for his lineup of hacks. I don't remember Tako from the nuGuns era, I don't think I ever saw her at the shows.

I remember some months ago we were debating here her decision of not taking Slash photos at the Little Rock show and how she said that Slash had changed his attitude, that he was rude and uncool :shrugs:

Duff wishing her happy bday is not bad in itself but I think those things unfortunately feed these people's egos and after that they feel entitled to things, think they have more rights than other fans, start seeing themselves as important or even more than the band members. I can talk first hand experience with some of the "super fans" ordering me to do things just because they were who they were. Lol, needless to say they had to eat the biggest :hahafyou: of their lives. I don't get along with people with superiority complex.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I never knew about Tako until the reunion shows. I noticed her at the Troubadour show and it called my attention how she was front row but only looking and cheering to Slash, like in a place of total admiration and adulation. I found it odd. She ignored everybody else, including Axl, or actually deliberately ignoring Axl.

I guess she comes from Velvet Revolver days, follow Slash through his solist phase and SMKC (I see her in Myles concerts with his band) and I guess in certain level with Loaded, when the reunion happen, she becomes GNR fan and I found it that people that followed Slash since that time, don't hold Axl in high steem, I guess they don't like him because in GNR there are 2 centers and they think Myles is better fit for Slash....I guess is a matter of taste 

what I dont like about superfans is that they get attention just because they have the money to follow them 100 x around the globe. and sometimes if they think they have "booked" the rail or a special spot for themself.. no!! It s first come first serve. 

no one owes anything to them. they are fans like us just but with a shitload of money. And in case of tako: like @killuridols said I dont think she was a GNR fan before reunion started. sooo strange to follow a band around the globe if you don t even like the bands music... The songs are the same...so where has she been in 2006 or 2012? She has to be a kind of Slash stalker.. sorry... but it seems so if you put the pieces of the puzzle together 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I guess she comes from Velvet Revolver days, follow Slash through his solist phase and SMKC (I see her in Myles concerts with his band) and I guess in certain level with Loaded, when the reunion happen, she becomes GNR fan and I found it that people that followed Slash since that time, don't hold Axl in high steem, I guess they don't like him because in GNR there are 2 centers and they think Myles is better fit for Slash....I guess is a matter of taste 

She's going to a lot of shows. She's posted something about Dead Daisies too recently, she's going to most rock shows it seems. Her main focus is on Slash, but I haven't seen that she has anything against Axl. She takes pictures of Axl too. Her Instagram is full of pictures of shows.

17 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Hmm.... if age is any indication, I would think she became a GN'R fan in the old days then quit when Slash departed and she followed him instead of following the new incarnation of Guns.

Such disdain for Axl seems disproportionate to me if the reason is he being Slash counterpart. Usually fans who jumped ship in the late 90s hate Axl because they think he destroyed the band.

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Hmm.... if age is any indication, I would think she became a GN'R fan in the old days then quit when Slash departed and she followed him instead of following the new incarnation of Guns.

Such disdain for Axl seems disproportionate to me if the reason is he being Slash counterpart. Usually fans who jumped ship in the late 90s hate Axl because they think he destroyed the band.

Disdain for Axl? Why? Because she's a Slash fan? She takes tons of pictures of Axl.

I never went to a Slash-less GNR show either. I did see SMKC. And I think it's pretty clear that I have no disdain for Axl :lol:

25 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I jumped ship in 1995, I decided not follow Axl's version of GNR, but I never liked Velvet Revolver and Slash and Duff diverse projects, I guess I got stuck in the past, but oddly I maintain a soft spot for Axl, Izzy and Slash...I had a psychological block of sorts...jajaja...when I saw Axl with AC/DC that block dissapeared....I was cured! Praise the lord Angus!

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh @Natty, I do not think she is a new fan... I mean, I'm not sure, but she's old enough to be a fan from the original lineup. Most new fans are younger people, like in their 20s.

The nuGNR era is pretty long, much longer than original and Illusions era, but the fans from the 80s and 90s were not trapped by the Internet, so there's not much documentary material about who used to go to shows back then.

4 minutes ago, Lio said:

Disdain for Axl? Why? Because she's a Slash fan? She takes tons of pictures of Axl.

I was responding to Georgina's part of her comment about fans not liking Axl because they think Myles is a better fit.

She doesn't take tons of pics of Axl, she takes zillion photos of Slash and the few she's taken of Axl are the most unflattering I've seen in my life. Also her videos, when she's filming Slash and Axl enters the frame she moves her camera and focuses on Slash leaving Axl deliberately out of it :lol:

9 minutes ago, Lio said:

I never went to a Slash-less GNR show either. I did see SMKC. And I think it's pretty clear that I have no disdain for Axl :lol:

I don't know why you pick yourself as a prototype of fan :shrugs:

I was discussing a totally different profile of fans and I didn't mean everybody is like that. At NITL shows there are people from all GN'R lineups and eras, but predominantly the ones who grew up with the band.

5 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I jumped ship in 1995, I decided not follow Axl's version of GNR, but I never liked Velvet Revolver and Slash and Duff diverse projects, I guess I got stuck in the past, but oddly I maintain a soft spot for Axl, Izzy and Slash...I have a psychological block of sorts...jajaja...when I saw Axl with AC/DC that block dissapeared....I was cured! Praise the lord Angus!

Lol

I never jumped ship, except for some period between 2002 and 2006, when actually nothing happened. The nuGNR era was really hard for me... Everytime Axl came back with a new lineup it was a big disappointment for me, even though I did go to see his nuGuns because living where I live I thought there wouldn't be any other chance to see him live ever again (in my mind they weren't going to reunite because I knew how much Axl hated Slash).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Everytime Axl came back with a new lineup it was a big disappointment for me, even though I did go to see his nuGuns because living where I live I thought there wouldn't be any other chance to see him live ever again (in my mind they weren't going to reunite because I knew how much Axl hated Slash).

NuGuns went to El Salvador in 2010 or 2011....my husband told me "let's go"... I just can't....I'm a bad fan...

Then I’m not you typical fan at all. :D I jumped ship after summer of 93 which is when I saw them in Germany. After that it was over for me, also because I moved on musically to other things. I always had a soft spot for Axl also for Slash, never got interested in either Velvet Revolver or Snakepit or NuGnR. My attention came back when Axl toured with ACDC and then I learned of the reunion only in summer of 2016. I never hated anybody from the band, I was annoyed with Axl maybe but also I didn’t know anything about them. Probably I’m no fan at all :shrugs::lol:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Oh @Natty, I do not think she is a new fan... I mean, I'm not sure, but she's old enough to be a fan from the original lineup. Most new fans are younger people, like in their 20s.

The nuGNR era is pretty long, much longer than original and Illusions era, but the fans from the 80s and 90s were not trapped by the Internet, so there's not much documentary material about who used to go to shows back then.

I was responding to Georgina's part of her comment about fans not liking Axl because they think Myles is a better fit.

She doesn't take tons of pics of Axl, she takes zillion photos of Slash and the few she's taken of Axl are the most unflattering I've seen in my life. Also her videos, when she's filming Slash and Axl enters the frame she moves her camera and focuses on Slash leaving Axl deliberately out of it :lol:

I don't know why you pick yourself as a prototype of fan :shrugs:

I was discussing a totally different profile of fans and I didn't mean everybody is like that. At NITL shows there are people from all GN'R lineups and eras, but predominantly the ones who grew up with the band.

I am always confused about age when it comes down to japanese people. tako looks like 20. 

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

NuGuns went to El Salvador in 2010 or 2011....my husband told me "let's go"... I just can't....I'm a bad fan...

No, you're not, you were probably hurt but when Axl came back here after like... I don't know...since 1993!! I thought to myself there wouldn't be another chance for me.. I don't know why I thought this :shrugs:.....maybe because I was still following the news and seeing how Axl was in a downward spiral, hating Slash and calling him cancer, refusing the HOF reunion... I figured there wouldn't be a chance for me to ever see him in my life and so I had to take that chance... I'm always thinking he's gonna die soon and that I'm gonna die soon too :unsure:

1 hour ago, Natty said:

I am always confused about age when it comes down to japanese people. tako looks like 20. 

Haha, I don't know her exact age.... Some people here said she's 60 :o but she looks like 40 something to me.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

No, you're not, you were probably hurt but when Axl came back here after like... I don't know...since 1993!! I thought to myself there wouldn't be another chance for me.. I don't know why I thought this :shrugs:.....maybe because I was still following the news and seeing how Axl was in a downward spiral, hating Slash and calling him cancer, refusing the HOF reunion... I figured there wouldn't be a chance for me to ever see him in my life and so I had to take that chance... I'm always thinking he's gonna die soon and that I'm gonna die soon too :unsure:

Is strange, because I was not into music at all...jobs, family an all took away that...never hear Axl or Guns news...I only had the vague notion that Axl dissapeared for a lot of years and I saw a picture of that cornrows monstrousity....was so shocking.....but my other platonic love was Bon Scott from AC/DC...incredible frontman and singer in my opinion....so years later, 2016 I was in Fort Lauderdale for work, my cousin lives there and invite me to see AC/DC....but...he told me...is not with their singer is with Axl Rose.....I was like what? since when?...I checked the internet and the reviews were great...so we went.....when he opened his mouth in Rock or Bust song all of my love for him returned in spades...I was transfixied....the voice was absolutely there and the show was unbelievable good.....after that night I found this place and went to a 2 GNR concerts in 2 different countries......

@killuridols you will be like Keith Richards....he will outlive every rocker of this earth

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 1

Even small local groups have this kind of followers, they know each other - even birthdays. From nice and polite just quiet over the top hyped to true attention whores degrading themselves for every little bit of attention. 

Sometimes you get used to somebody you don`t like so much just because you share time and space with that particular person, even if mostly arranged by that other one, and these people are hungry for recognition. Birthday wish is a little favor (which made women`s thread explode a little :popcorn:). There are always people like that around bands and if you put down one, another takes the spot. Maintain known faces is good move, they are smart enough to feed their star-struck-ness and to not cross the line of legal consequences I`d guess. Tako overproduces photos and propagates band on her own account, even made her name by that in community, so why not to keep her? (these Asians tend to look ageless until they turn 130 or so)

It is said that Keith Richards will hold speech on his own funeral: "It`s good to be there, it`s good to be anywhere."

Tako has followed Slash for years as @killuridols said, she never followed nuGuns. She loves guitarists and the singers are unimportant to her (she loves Myles though)

She took photos of Axl last year because she felt insulted that Slash didn't ask her to go backstage, for about 3 or 4 concerts she didn't take Slash's photo as revenge for being snubbed :facepalm::lol:

She does take good pics though (better than Kat IMO);)

• Haha 3