GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

18 minutes ago, Ratam said:

How beautiful couple !! I think Axl put Erin pic in the box set is a big ☝to SEYMOUR :lol:is like he said ERIN was the women of my life ☺

U meant that 🖕 😁

I didnt think of that. Good point.

Ps. Im poor ass girl, i Cant afford any if the items 😭😭

Edited by Politania
  • Like 1

So! Who of you lot is going to get the Locked & Loaded version? :lol::P

EDIT: Also I’d like to collect your prognosis, foreseeings and bets on how Shadow of Your Love is going to do in the charts. :P

Edited by Tori72

12 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Fernando is arguing with fans on Instagram about the price of the box set. His feelings seem hurt :lol:

:rofl-lol:

Tell those guys on IG to give him hell!!!

I wouldn't buy it even if it was just 10 bucks. I very much enjoy SOYL. It's so fuckin old and it sounds so new. It's the kind of GN'R song I like. The band, engineer, producer, everyone did a great job.

To be honest I don't pay attention to these box set. I don't know how much other artists charge for this kind of things

6 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I don't know if is re recorded, no re recorded...is a killer track and to think is a leftover of AFD and sounds better than the entire Chinese Democracy....sorry dear Axl....but you, slash, duff, izzy and steven together are awesome!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Better than the entire Chinese? You wish sweetheart.

24 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

EDIT: Also I’d like to collect your prognosis, foreseeings and bets on how Shadow of Your Love is going to do in the charts. :P

Not me, that's for sure!  If I had 1k lying around I'd be spending it on something more worthwhile I think, like a new laptop to replace my 8 year old dinosaur! :lol: 

I like that AFD has been remastered and I will buy that.  I'm curious about Plague.  And Axl's personal photos.  But not enough to part with a thousand pounds!

The rest?  Well, I already have 4 different versions of You're Crazy, which I'm obsessed with, and as far as I am concerned nothing will top the Friday Late Night version of that anyway.  I have no interest in all the other songs.  It's not that I don't like them, just that those aren't my go-to songs anyway.  I rarely listen to those B side songs.  And my go-to live songs are Ritz 88 and 87.

A box set of Illusions is another story, however.  I'd be prepared to break the bank for that era.

Chart wise, I doubt SOYL will do anything, though I'd like to be wrong.

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

18 minutes ago, Padme said:

I very much enjoy SOYL. It's so fuckin old and it sounds so new. It's the kind of GN'R song I like. The band, engineer, producer, everyone did a great job.

Agreed, I think it sounds great. 

Think im going for the double CD and maybe the vinyl. God damn this band taking every last penny of my money.kPQlBny.gif

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Fernando is arguing with fans on Instagram about the price of the box set. His feelings seem hurt :lol:

Is it at the Meegan's post?

Because I saw him laughing and making jokes (along with Meegan) to a fan who said WHERE ARE IZZY AND ADLER?

:facepalm:

39 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I don't think I can even do that from this shitty place...... Shipping and customs taxes would double or triple its price! :facepalm:

If somehow I can find it here for some not-so-ridiculous price, I will.... but.... hmmm.... not likely.

Probably I will be getting the Super Deluxe option and I'll buy digital from iTunes, but not all of it, I don't know yet.... I haven't even checked what is available online.

As for SOYL, there's no way that song will top Bruno Mars and the likes not in a million years :lol:.... maybe it gets somewhere in the rock charts but I have no idea.

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Never. Even if I win a lottery tomorrow I'll still be against being ripped off like a true sucker. You want my money, gentlemen? Get your fucking asses in the studio, make an effort, record NEW music and release it. I ain't gonna pay shitloads of money for songs I've been listening to for 15 years on you tube or CDs I bought as a teenager. Actually I consider this whole release as almost offensive to the fans.

• Like 1

SOYL is an "okay" song for that era of the band, inferior than most of AFD, but imo better than Think About You and Anything Goes overall (although AG has great guitar work), and they did a great job with it. It's also kinda historical, because it must be one of the first songs Axl ever (co)wrote.

I love AFD for what it was, it's the album I'm most attached to because of age, and I don't consider it "cock rock", only a great rock n roll album; and I love the shows of that era. But I wouldn't like GnR to return to that direction now. It would be impossible anyway, since the circumstances and the chemistry can't be reproduced, even if all the people are there.

Axl can do hard rock with Angus. And, btw, if ACDC made a song like SOYL now it would be considered great, but GnR are a different band.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Is it at the Meegan's post?

Because I saw him laughing and making jokes (along with Meegan) to a fan who said WHERE ARE IZZY AND ADLER?

:facepalm:

I saw that too on Meegans instagram, but it was on GnRs instagram he was arguing with fans about the cost. 

He also said something vague about there being a golden opportunity in a box inside one of the boxes....probably Axls white socks or something :lol:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

He also said something vague about there being a golden opportunity in a box inside one of the boxes....probably Axls white socks or something :lol:

:wow:

loooooool some nuts will try to purchase the 10,000 copies thinking Axl's number is inside one of them! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1