GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

When Axl had a stalker, he made some derogatory comments about her appearance/obesity as well. I suppose her crime wasn't so much the fact that she stalked him but the fact that she didn't look like a supermodel while at it.

I dont remember this! :o

Do you have those comments at hand to post here and refresh my memory?

She was a heavy woman from the pics I saw. I wonder what came of her and where she is now....:unsure:

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

I dont remember this! :o

Do you have those comments at hand to post here and refresh my memory?

She was a heavy woman from the pics I saw. I wonder what came of her and where she is now....:unsure:

I couldn't find the comments on a quick search, sorry.

Apparently she went on to stalk several other celebrities after Axl, but I don't know what her current situation is.

40 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

I couldn't find the comments on a quick search, sorry.

Apparently she went on to stalk several other celebrities after Axl, but I don't know what her current situation is.

That's fine! @MillionsOfSpiders just posted the quotes.

Now I remember some of it. He said she was "very heavy". It seems this fact kind of caused an impact on him or smth, because it isn't relevant to the whole situation, but Axl was probably not used to see very heavy women around him :smiley-confused2:

Yeah, I know she stalked Justin Timberlake some years after she was locked for Axl's case.

15 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Personally I don't particularly enjoy it when people bash Axl for his appearance or dissect the hell out of it in a manner that comes across as mean-spirited. I can see how it could be seen as akin to bullying (even if Axl isn't reading).

At the same time, I'm not sure if Axl himself is any less superficial.

Remember that story by Sheila Kennedy where she mentioned how Axl wouldn't let her bring a friend to his party because the friend was slightly overweight?

When Axl had a stalker, he made some derogatory comments about her appearance/obesity as well. I suppose her crime wasn't so much the fact that she stalked him but the fact that she didn't look like a supermodel while at it.

Typically the only women he wanted around him backstage were models and strippers. For a while, even the front row at the shows was reserved for models because the fans apparently weren't good-looking enough.

Even his therapist had to be a "beautiful woman".

I could probably mention other things, but the point is, he's never had a problem with going for the surface and judging women by their appearance. So why the sudden moral outrage if women are doing the same to him?

Because I try to be a good person. Because I teach my kid to not stoop to the same low level bullies or mean people might do. It's called having principles.

I don't think I've ever supported Axl being mean to people. I disagree with the Madison rant too. But I guess it's easier to dismiss me as an Axl kiss ass.

Btw, you might have noticed the thing that annoyed me most was a poster insinuating another poster had mental issues.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, killuridols said:

The way you approached the comments was not precisely educational or contemplative. You responded in a preachy way, mocking the other posters and sending them to read "model magazines".

That's why you come off as an "Axl ass kisser" instead of someone with a balanced opinion and non-judgemental, as you pretend to sound.

Thank god I don't have to educate each and every one of you then. I just say what I believe, without suggesting anyone has mental issues. I see that you're fine with that by the way, but take more offence to my posts. That's okay.

I don't know if I come across as an Axl ass kisser. Well, apparently I do to you, but I'm sure most people know that I'm not. And if not, so be it. I won't lose any sleep over it. Think what you like.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Personally I don't particularly enjoy it when people bash Axl for his appearance or dissect the hell out of it in a manner that comes across as mean-spirited. I can see how it could be seen as akin to bullying (even if Axl isn't reading).

Remember that story by Sheila Kennedy where she mentioned how Axl wouldn't let her bring a friend to his party because the friend was slightly overweight?

Typically the only women he wanted around him backstage were models and strippers. For a while, even the front row at the shows was reserved for models because the fans apparently weren't good-looking enough.

I could probably mention other things, but the point is, he's never had a problem with going for the surface and judging women by their appearance. So why the sudden moral outrage if women are doing the same to him?

Interesting insights. I;ve never noticed it before.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Ugly truth about life is that if you have a pool of people interested in being around you to pick from, you will pick good looking ones. We like to be around good-looking, healthy, vital people. We instinctively pick people with more symmetrical features and usually people who look "our tribe". In Axl, add self-confidence and brains and whoa, here you have intelligent model who can keep with his mental pace. Which is important if you have high-speed, wide topic thinking like Axl has. I liked a story of a lady in Apollo Theater Show afterparty, that one where fans massively complained about amount of "models" on rail: certainly Axl tested her conversation abilities and left the conversation, because when it went out of scenario she prepared, she had lost the thread and he had no reason to keep it going when he didn't enjoy it. This was a kind of show for sponsors, entourage and all kind of people who also love to be around good-looking women (and are not picky with brains and stuff). Axl is pie in the sky to attract (also a golden goose), but there is a lot of bottom feeders to feed. 

If many people for some reason want to be around Axl, and he wants someone with specific abilities and skills and there are more candidates, he can pick and he picks by looks. We all would do the same in this position...

6 hours ago, Lio said:

Because I try to be a good person. Because I teach my kid to not stoop to the same low level bullies or mean people might do. It's called having principles.

I don't think I've ever supported Axl being mean to people. I disagree with the Madison rant too. But I guess it's easier to dismiss me as an Axl kiss ass.

Btw, you might have noticed the thing that annoyed me most was a poster insinuating another poster had mental issues.

I don't disagree with teaching that to your children and hopefully also practicing what you preach.

However, don't you think there are times when it might be proper to just throw your hands in the air and declare that karma is a bitch?

If a kid has been a bully before and always gotten away with it, will you immediately run to his rescue if one day somebody gives him a piece of his own medicine?

It's good to be good but some balance is also needed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

From what I understand, this quote was part of a typical testimony to the police where the witnesses are asked to include a description of the suspect.

Considering that her identity was known and that the police caught her in the act, I don't know why they would have asked Axl to describe what she looked like.

Do you remember if Axl ever said anything about her in interviews or elsewhere? I remember another comment besides the one @MillionsOfSpiders posted.

12 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Considering that her identity was known and that the police caught her in the act, I don't know why they would have asked Axl to describe what she looked like.

Do you remember if Axl ever said anything about her in interviews or elsewhere? I remember another comment besides the one @MillionsOfSpiders posted.

Axl gave her approximate height too, and this makes it sound like he was giving a rough description of her as part of the whole description of the series of events he had to give in the testimony.

According to the recap @MillionsOfSpiders posted, her identity became known to Axl afterwards. It's also not entirely clear if she was caught in action the first time or outside Axl's house, for example. The dates in the recap (which, from what I understand, was compiled by an old member of this forum here) are not quite accurate. According to media reports in combination with the L.A. Superior Court database, Karen McNeil showed up at Axl's house indeed in 1995, and the court let her go (probably with some restrictions). She showed up again in 1996 and 1997, she was put on probation and a restraining order to stay at least 300 yards away from Axl's house. Then she tried to enter Axl's house again in 2000 (or, according to some reports, she did enter and was found in his bedroom) and was sentenced to 1 year in jail for violating the terms of probation and the restraining order. She sent letters to Axl from jail and, although she was charged for that after she was released, because she had been ordered to not try to "contact" Axl again in any way, she showed up at his house again in early 2001. She was ordered to stay at a mental hospital but she left after a while.

I don't know of any other comments by Axl, and I didn't find any. There were only comments from his lawyer in the 2000 case saying that Axl didn't need to give a testimony. Beta testified at the 2000 hearing saying Karen McNeil had showed up at the house six times by then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Axl gave her approximate height too, and this makes it sound like he was giving a rough description of her as part of the whole description of the series of events he had to give in the testimony.

According to the recap @MillionsOfSpiders posted, her identity became known to Axl afterwards. It's also not entirely clear if she was caught in action the first time or outside Axl's house, for example. The dates in the recap (which, from what I understand, was compiled by an old member of this forum here) are not quite accurate. According to media reports in combination with the L.A. Superior Court database, Karen McNeil showed up at Axl's house indeed in 1995, and the court let her go (probably with some restrictions). She showed up again in 1996 and 1997, she was put on probation and a restraining order to stay at least 300 yards away from Axl's house. Then she tried to enter Axl's house again in 2000 (or, according to some reports, she did enter and was found in his bedroom) and was sentenced to 1 year in jail for violating the terms of probation and the restraining order. She sent letters to Axl from jail and, although she was charged for that after she was released, because she had been ordered to not try to "contact" Axl again in any way, she showed up at his house again in early 2001. She was ordered to stay at a mental hospital but she left after a while.

I don't know of any other comments by Axl, and I didn't find any. There were only comments from his lawyer in the 2000 case saying that Axl didn't need to give a testimony. Beta testified at the 2000 hearing saying Karen McNeil had showed up at the house six times by then.

Are you saying the quote is something Axl said to the police before the police had arrived and arrested the woman for the first time? If so, then it's odd he didn't describe her in more detail (if the reason he had to describe her was because she had already left the house and the police had to go look for her).

Doesn't "testified Rose in a declaration" suggest it was something he said or wrote later on for the court hearing?

I don't know why he mentioned her height but maybe to emphasise that she was very heavy in relation to her height.

41 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Are you saying the quote is something Axl said to the police before the police had arrived and arrested the woman for the first time? If so, then it's odd he didn't describe her in more detail (if the reason he had to describe her was because she had already left the house and the police had to go look for her).

Doesn't "testified Rose in a declaration" suggest it was something he said or wrote later on for the court hearing?

I don't know why he mentioned her height but maybe to emphasise that she was very heavy in relation to her height.

Your fixation trying to prove that Axl somehow offended his stalker is weird to say the least....what is wrong to say she was very heavy? 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Your fixation trying to prove that Axl somehow offended his stalker is weird to say the least....what is wrong to say she was very heavy? 

Fixation? I don't think you know the meaning of the word.

I find his comments slightly unpleasant but it's not a big deal.

The same goes for the "Axl is fat" comments on the forum.

8 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Fixation? I don't think you know the meaning of the word.

I find his comments slightly unpleasant but it's not a big deal.

The same goes for the "Axl is fat" comments on the forum.

Yes, I know the meaning of the word and I used properly. And it looks is a big deal.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Padme said:

Locomotive! :dance:

I don't know how that happened. I don't know who made it possible. I want to know who that person is. I want to send that person flowers and chocolates. I would even buy that person a new house

Now for next show, Breakdown and Dead Horse :headbang:

Locomotive! My favorite power shot! Breakdown would be a dream... 

Actually, Duff made Dead Horse highlight of his solo/Shooter show I went to, I liked it, it has the power most of his recent work lacks. 

• Like 2

On 10/5/2019 at 3:36 PM, janrichmond said:

I've removed several posts from this thread. Please do not be abusive to other posters or belittle them. 

This is exactly the reason why I only pop in and out lately....I actually miss being able to come here for the discussions 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2