British Politics

Gracii Guns

It all seems quite sensible and reasonable to me. You want to come here to work and you meet the criteria put in place.... welcome. You don't meet the criteria? Best of luck elsewhere. Europeans and those from the rest of the world on an equal footing.

No doubt the Remainiacs will have their knickers well and truly in a twist about it, though.

3 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

It all seems quite sensible and reasonable to me. You want to come here to work and you meet the criteria put in place.... welcome. You don't meet the criteria? Best of luck elsewhere. Europeans and those from the rest of the world on an equal footing.

No doubt the Remainiacs will have their knickers well and truly in a twist about it, though.

We have criteria here. The Sussex's, especially the prince, dont really meet Canadas immigration requirements. No joke. Like, I don't know the ins and outs, but he could eventually be granted some degree of citizenship/status but it'll be an uphill battle. (except they'll prolly just wave him on in though innit)

21 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Makes perfect sense until you realise that the healthcare, agriculture and hospitality sectors for a start are heavily reliant on people who won't qualify under the new regs. :shrugs: 

1 hour ago, soon said:

We have criteria here. The Sussex's, especially the prince, dont really meet Canadas immigration requirements. No joke. Like, I don't know the ins and outs, but he could eventually be granted some degree of citizenship/status but it'll be an uphill battle. (except they'll prolly just wave him on in though innit)

Corrected on stipulation by HM. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dazey said:

Makes perfect sense until you realise that the healthcare, agriculture and hospitality sectors for a start are heavily reliant on people who won't qualify under the new regs. :shrugs: 

How did those sectors survive before the vast influx of foreign/cheap labour from 2004 onwards?

I don't really buy that argument to be honest. There are a lot of employers who have taken the piss for far too long, paying shit wages for the cheapest labour they can get. Also, the rise in employers using agencies and putting workers on zero hour contracts and not offering the security of a permanent contract and a decent wage is a disgrace. If they can't/won't offer the basics in terms of employing a workforce, they don't really deserve to be in business as far as I'm concerned.

24 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

How did those sectors survive before the vast influx of foreign/cheap labour from 2004 onwards?

I don't really buy that argument to be honest. There are a lot of employers who have taken the piss for far too long, paying shit wages for the cheapest labour they can get. Also, the rise in employers using agencies and putting workers on zero hour contracts and not offering the security of a permanent contract and a decent wage is a disgrace. If they can't/won't offer the basics in terms of employing a workforce, they don't really deserve to be in business as far as I'm concerned.

No you're right. We should immediately revert to whatever we were doing 16 years ago. All these people taking the piss should immediately start paying fruit pickers £15 an hour, all the feckless UK doleys will immediately come off benefits and we'll all be more than happy to pay a fiver for a fucking cabbage. Rule Britannia! :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

2 minutes ago, Dazey said:

No you're right. We should immediately revert to whatever we were doing 16 years ago. All these people taking the piss should immediately start paying fruit pickers £15 an hour, all the feckless UK doleys will immediately come off benefits and we'll all be more than happy to pay a fiver for a cabbage. Rule Britannia! :lol: 

I'm pleased you've come round to my way of thinking, took you long enough. ;)

1 hour ago, bucketfoot said:

You're trusting the Tories to try to rectify that? Good luck. 

12 hours ago, Graeme said:

You're trusting the Tories to try to rectify that? Good luck. 

No, I trusted them to deliver Brexit and that was the first step in turning the ship around.

One thing you can rely on from the Tories is their unquenchable thirst for power and their ability to be completely ruthless and opportunistic in their pursuit of it. While Labour flailed around, insulting their core voters and set themselves on a course ultimately aimed at overturning a democratic vote, the Tories sniffed blood and went in for the kill. Now they have a foothold with the working classes, Labour are completely and utterly fucked.

Labour exist in some weird London bubble, completely oblivious to the reasoning why they were walloped at the general election. Their leadership race has become obsessed with gender, trannys and so forth. Dawn Butler, deputy hopeful, claimed on television that ''babies are born without a gender''! Chuck in Nandy wanting to abolish the monarchy and you have a genuine vote winner haha!

Long-Bailey is basically Corbyn with a blond wig. She is completely unrepentant about Corbynism.  

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Labour exist in some weird London bubble, completely oblivious to the reasoning why they were walloped at the general election. Their leadership race has become obsessed with gender, trannys and so forth. Dawn Butler, deputy hopeful, claimed on television that ''babies are born without a gender''! Chuck in Nandy wanting to abolish the monarchy and you have a genuine vote winner haha!

Long-Bailey is basically Corbyn with a blond wig. She is completely unrepentant about Corbynism.  

:lol: They really don't help themselves do they?

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

And here we are,

ERENYZmXkAAR1DS?format=png&name=900x900

I just don't get how these people expect to get back into power. It's not that I necessarily disagree with certain points on principle I just think you pick your battles when you're in the kind of position you're in right now. As bad as it may sound the electorate at large couldn't give a shit about these issues. These are the policies you look at when you've already won a governing majority. They're not the policies you campaign on.

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I just don't get how these people expect to get back into power. It's not that I necessarily disagree with certain points on principle I just think you pick your battles when you're in the kind of position you're in right now. As bad as it may sound the electorate at large couldn't give a shit about these issues. These are the policies you look at when you've already won a governing majority. They're not the policies you campaign on.

Do you think a child is born without gender then?

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Do you think a child is born without gender then?

Technically if you define gender as a social construct then yes but that's not what she said. That's all semantics though. She actually said a baby is born without sex which is completely different and makes her a moron. :lol: 

Just now, Dazey said:

Technically if you define gender as a social construct then yes but that's not what she said. That's all semantics though. She actually said a baby is born without sex which is completely different and makes her a moron. :lol: 

I just think the whole thing is lunacy and should be binned along with gender free toilets and other manifestations of Islington politics. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I just think the whole thing is lunacy and should be binned along with gender free toilets and other manifestations of Islington politics. 

What does it matter? It is irrelevant. I agree with Dazey, moronic to focus on that while in opposition, because people like you @Diesel seem to get so riled up about it. It doesn't matter. The economy matter, education matters, innovation matters, etc. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not saying I give it a second thought in general I'm just saying that you can put a case for gender being different from biological sex if you're that way inclined. Personally I get scared when the answer to any question isn't yes, no or a number which is why I didn't study the humanities. :lol:   

4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What does it matter? It is irrelevant. I agree with Dazey, moronic to focus on that while in opposition, because people like you @Diesel seem to get so riled up about it. It doesn't matter. The economy matter, education matters, innovation matters, etc. 

It rather is though if lefty-lunacy consigns Labour to the dustbin of history and leaves the conservatives rather opposition-less. The big winner in this is the conservatives. 

Edited by DieselDaisy