10/26/17 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena

gunsguy

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Really love Prostitute now. Also love the piano outro

It's a beautiful song with so many great parts but the fucking over-produced, multi-layered, artificial-sounding vocals on the album just ruin it for me. Same with TIL and the Madagascar high parts. Give me that single, dry, unadulterated high scream in SoD, Twat or IRS any day. Thank fuck he didn't screw with the Twat vocals on the album. 

I'll always listen to TIL and Madagascar live over the album versions. The band sound awesome on Prostitute so maybe one day we'll get a soundboard or pro-shot with Axl owning it too. 

3 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

The crowd was really into the whole show including CD songs and the covers.

Interesting. Funny how the only people who say the CD songs kill the show are the people who absolutely despise CD. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Derick said:

That backstage video of Slash, Axl and Duff chatting and laughing together is amazing! Please can someone download that? (on Instagram Story).

Yeah, anyone posted that here yet?  For some strange reason, I saw it once and now it seems to be gone from the Story? 

Edit: never mind...found it...

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Damn..he hits that part on 1:14 to 1:24 better than he ever has. It even sounded bad on the album but he's nailing it live 

Please! ANY 2010. And not just London like some say. Try Bucharest. The power and control is just absolutely fucking unbelievable. Cued up but listen to "If we ever..." too and how he holds that fucking note. 

Don't know why you feel it sounded bad on the album. Given that he made a very deliberate point of singing 90% of the album in his clean voice and then toured with it in 2002 I think the fact that he used the more familiar voice on Madagascar is pretty significant. I read it as if it's like the sleeping dragon has just woken up from this long hiatus, his voice is a little rusty and hoarse and he's got this heavy shit weighing him down. Then after the warm-up of the verses he finally gets up and just lets rip with this howl of anger and anguish. It's not meant to sound pretty. It's meant to sound like Axl the way people remember him but after having been dormant and rusty for so long. And he's using that voice to communicate to the old fans and people who care exactly how he feels about what happened with the band. Does that make any sense? He said before CD came out that "people will say this doesn't sound like Guns or Axl but you'll like at least a few songs" and the songs he used rasp on were the closest to old Guns in feel i.e. SoD, IRS, Better and Madagascar. Everything else was clean and he wasn't worried about connecting with his old audience. 

But I think last night was this lineup's best version yet, Axl too. Sounds fantastic. 

Love that Axl doesn't leave the stage at all. Crazy to think that for so many years he'd run off stage every fucking song to use the oxygen mask or whatever the fuck. I mean, he never did not leave for the Madagascar solo. Now he's got his little table set up on stage and rarely leaves. 

Check him out on the monitors cracking Duff up during the solo.

Love how the people in the stands are all stood up and clearly rocking during the last verse. 

Love how into the last verse Slash always gets even though he's got naff all to do. At this point i'm convinced he actually likes the song. And I still can't get over him being there with "Promised never to leave me...never to leave me alone.." going on whilst Axl's stood behind him busting Duff's balls XD

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Like 2

Just listened to Prostitute again.  Duff's bass is really prominent this time and it's awesome.  You 100% do not hear the bass like that on the album version.  Thank fuck Duff is back to put a proper bass back into these songs.  I joke about how he's overlooked, but I will shout it from the rooftops that Duff is key to the classic Guns sound. 

Slash is kicking this song's ass, that's a helluva sound he's making, could listen to it all day long.  He's making a HUGE difference to the song. Huge.  I think he's found some sort of groove or zone here.  I hated his take on TWAT but now I want them to do it again to see if maybe he's unlocked it.  

Even Axl did great on this song, you know, by the usual standard, I could tell he was giving it his all.  

6 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

Apparently, they played Think About You, Rhiad and Scraped!

(in my dreams)

I think the reason Rhiad was never played after 2002, not even at Chinese Tokyo, is that even when Axl had trained his clean, high voice that song is an absolute fucking pig to sing. It's all super high, super fast and super wordy. It was also a mess live with the CD band, is hard to play, suits Slash probably even less than Shacklers and out of all the CD songs played in 2002 it was the only one that really didn't go over great in London and Pukkelpop. I reckon there's more chance of SoD, even if it really is about Slash. 

4 hours ago, Derick said:

Well after re-watching this something like 4 times I can say that I’m love w Prostitute(:shrugs:). My new “number 1” CD song!

:heart:

starts around 57min.45secs.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bMFIuzFETEtCdmxSZ3JLSmJ8MU1ZeE5qUnp3WHB4d0MS7AB9g_U0PzhZ0jHjhA75SRmMmOGR6QwKSZwCPMhv

Thanks for this link - best quality Prostitute on this one. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Also, I actually teared up a little at the end of Prostitute when Duff takes a moment and just stands there with Axl during the outro. No doubt it's just as cool for him as us.*

* By which I mean just taking it all in, how far they've come etc. I didn't mean how cool the outro is although it is beautiful. 

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Like 2

Setlist:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Duff's Solo - Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
This I Love
Prostitute
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Band Intros
Jam+Godfather Theme/Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman
Used To Love Her
My Michelle
Richard N' Slash - Wish You Were Here/Layla/November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Only Women Bleed/Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain

ENCORE:

Madagascar
Melissa/Patience
Don't Cry
The Seeker
Paradise City

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WWEROSES said:

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/10/axl_roses_vocals_mar_an_otherw.html

just found a rather unfavorable review...while other reviews I stumbled on were pretty positive. 

Well this show was twice as good as the AC DC one  last year the same writer fawned over  The performance last night was nothing short of spectacular

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/09/angus_young_and_axl_rose-front.html

Same writer one year later, also the crowds seemed to be the same size to me

Edited by southsiderwp

29 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

This has to be the funniest "review" I've read in some time. 

Points for a mention of Rob Fortus, who never gets enough credit for his contributions to GNR. 

I also like the indication that Axl couldn't hit the high notes in DTJ. We're all aware of how hard those notes are to hit. 

I also like the keen observation that KOHD has been dropped a key, which is not nor ever has been true. 

I stopped reading there but I assume there were even more lulz past that 

👍👍👍👍

6 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

The writer refers to Richard as "Rob Fortus." Sounds a like a bitter hater to me.

the place was packed full.  He may have not even been there.  I thought Axl and band sounded way better than in Pittsburgh last year.  I have zero complaints about this one.  3.5 hrs, got used to lover her, seeker sounded great.  Not really sure shat else they could do to satisfy some people?

This is a positive review.  Some people are just going to give shitty reviews for no reason.  

2 more sleeps to TO!!!!  So excited for an "intimate" arena show compared to the large outdoor venues last year.:headbang:

https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2017/10/27/guns-n-roses-makes-a-triumphant-return-to-cleveland-delivers-epic-show-at-the-q

1 hour ago, fabrph5 said:

the place was packed full.  He may have not even been there.  I thought Axl and band sounded way better than in Pittsburgh last year.  I have zero complaints about this one.  3.5 hrs, got used to lover her, seeker sounded great.  Not really sure shat else they could do to satisfy some people?

It's not uncommon for a fake-ass journalist to be given free tickets and cash from his rag to go to a show and instead sell the tickets, pocket the cash and write a bullshit review. 

''Falsetto'',  ''inconsistent vocals'' despite being ''near perfect'' with Acca Dacca, doesn't that review not chime with the prevalent viewpoint on this forum? It is pretty much mygnr ad verbatim - all the review lacks is a mention of ''Mickey Mouse''.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So Prostitute has made it into the 1st set it appears.  Could this be played at every remaining show this tour.  God im hoping so.  I seen how they were swapping CD songs on the Encore, but now Prostitute was played 13th song.  This is amazing.  What song has been swapped out for it?

Really hoping to hear prostitute in Chicago