10/26/17 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena

gunsguy

16 hours ago, Derick said:

Well after re-watching this something like 4 times I can say that I’m love w Prostitute(:shrugs:). My new “number 1” CD song!

:heart:

starts around 57min.45secs.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/bMFIuzFETEtCdmxSZ3JLSmJ8MU1ZeE5qUnp3WHB4d0MS7AB9g_U0PzhZ0jHjhA75SRmMmOGR6QwKSZwCPMhv

Prostitute is by far the best CD song on the album. That and TWAT

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Derick said:

Prostitute!!!

Even the crowd seem to sing along to Prostitute, or a few lines more than some other C.D songs...it might be here to stay ! 
Fits Axl's current voice nicely, I say !

8 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Assuming there's no more dates added, there's 15 more shows left on the tour.

Until the Euro Leg 2 Arena shows Spring next year...(TBC of course)

I think those WILL happen and be announced late next month/Dec....
The last trailer for these last run of dates said "We're just getting started" -

Could of been promo babble, but I believe they missed a lot of arenas, on London

in the UK for example...they would normally do 7 - 8 venues there...they would of done 

more stadiums there unless they planned on coming back for something...

Edited by colonizedmind

Guns N' Roses put on an amazing show last night. During the show when the house lights were on, I looked around and to me it looked sold out. Definitely more people than the Axl/DC show last September. When I got to the arena at 6PM, I walked all the way around it so see if they had the merch truck but unfortunately they didn't. It would've been really convenient for a lot of people I think to buy what they wanted outside and take it back to their vehicle instead of having to sit/stand with all their stuff during the show. So once the lobby doors opened we had to wait till about 6:30 when they started to scan tickets to officially let people in. Not to sound materialistic but I had only one thing on my mind at this point, the lithograph. I saw it from a distance and from that far away, it just looked like a black piece of paper with a white border. Once I got my ticket scanned I rushed over to the merch stand and as I was going over there, I couldn't help but see a classic ebayer walking away with a smile on his face with a huge stack of lithos in his arms. That got me really discouraged for someone like me who actually wants one for real to display and appreciate. So when it was finally my turn I asked the lady if they still had lithographs left.. She said YES! lol I got one and a tour shirt and the regular concert poster with all the dates on it. 

Right next to the merch stand was my section, which was 100! I didn't have to walk far at all. I was row 3 seats 9,10. My dad and I were literally dead center behind the soundboard. And to top it off, the two rows in front of us were empty the entire show! There were security guards on each side of the section that didn't let people sit in any seat in those two rows in front of us. So us lucky people in row 3 were basically in row one with a damn good view of everything that was going on. We totally lucked out on that.

The Guns N' Roses performance was so good I didn't want it to end. It almost seemed like it wasn't going to either! THEIR energy on stage was at 100% from start to finish. The fans energy from my point of view? I'll get to that shortly. I made sure to check the time as soon as they started, which was at 7:43 all the way to 11:00! I sang along to just about every song. The obvious standouts were Jungle, Live and Let Die, Civil War, Sweet Child, NR, KOHD, Nightrain and PC. The place just went crazy for those songs. As for the Chinese Democracy songs, I only like the title track and better. That's about it. There's a lot better CD songs that I like (no pun intended) that they could've played, but they would've still fell flat with the fans.  I was surprised but at the same time I wasn't by how many people I saw leaving the floor and walking up the stairs to the concession area when Axl came out for TIL and then they played prostitute right after that? From my point of view, almost everybody was standing still and there were hardly any cameras recording that I could see. And that goes for Madagascar too. Basically resting songs for the casual fan. Wichita Lineman was well received by the crowd I thought. But I really heard the crowd roar when Slash and Fortus played the intro to Black Hole Sun. They loved it and so did I, and I couldn't wait for them to play it.

Overall, I had the best time and most memorable experience I could possibly have and I would without a doubt go again the next time they come back if they do. But in my opinion, this band should think about re-naming this tour. Yes, its titled the "Not In This Lifetime Tour", but in all reality, its really the Chinese Democracy 2.0 or Not In This Chinese Democracy or whatever kind of mashup they would come up with. CD is their most recent album and most bands who tour off a new record typically play about 5 songs from that new record, which is what they're basically doing. I know they wouldn't do this but it they wanted to somewhat please the fans to their liking, maybe play some better known CD songs? If their is any? OR just play lesser know Guns songs. Like for example, it would've been so fitting for them to play The Garden when they played AT The Garden.

Well, I guess that's the end of my review/rant! :lol:

P.S. I wanted post two pictures inside this post but I don't know how to do that anymore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dean said:

Prostitute is one of the best pieces of music ever released under the GN'R name.

That outro, even in a live setting, absolutely brilliant.

yup..totally agree.  im praying they keep it in the setlist

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Birk said:

yup..totally agree.  im praying they keep it in the setlist

And yes, it adds a different little dimension to the concert, having that little moment in silhouette and a nice moment for

Dizzy to shine :) I think it be nice if Slash hits some sustains with the piano at the end their...or some nice quiet bends...
Perhaps

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

And yes, it adds a different little dimension to the concert, having that little moment in silhouette and a nice moment for

Dizzy to shine :) I think it be nice if Slash hits some sustains with the piano at the end their...or some nice quiet bends...
Perhaps

Agree..I think he did something in Hartford and was pretty cool.

I don't care for Prostitute, and generally speaking it didn't go over well with the crowd last night. The girl next to me shouted out, "This fucking sucks," and got up. Quite a few people headed for the bathroom/beer stands during this one. I think Axl sang it fairly well, but 80% of the crowd there didn't know or care about the song.

I have no issues with Chinese songs being played at these shows but anyone want to speculate why the band is playing 4-5 songs off that album + covers, yet nothing from Velvet Revolver? Why not Fall to Pieces? That was a song meant for the 1996 guns album. Seems really odd. How about Beggars and Hangers on? Weren't Slash and Duff jamming that song in the Making of Estranged video? Why not dust off "Oh My God" which former member Duff and former employee Matt Sorum had no interest in developing - they could remix that song and turn it into a hard rocker.

Endless possibilities here. Instead the setlist is chock full of random covers. Is it even a question of enjoyment? Like Slash wouldn't like playing Oh My God over bloated stuff like Madagascar?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Why not dust off "Oh My God" which former member Duff and former employee Matt Sorum had no interest in developing - they could remix that song and turn it into a hard rocker.

I don't think that Oh My God should be changed at all - it's already heavy enough and like the industrial vibe of that song. It also contains some of the best bass lines in a GN'R song. 

Edited by Sosso

2 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I don't think that Oh My God should be changed at all - it's already heavy enough and like the industrial vibe of that song. It also contains some of the best bass lines in a GN'R song. 

I like the industrial vibe as well but if Duff/Slash are going to play on it, I imagine they have to adjust the song to their respective tastes/styles. Point being, that song is probably one of the early "Axl" songs that undoubtedly was presented to Slash/Duff/Matt in those late '96 sessions.

If they're going to be playing Axl's solo era songs, why not pick songs that all these guys actually were kicking around in their jam sessions back in the 90's over stuff like "Better" or "Wichita Lineman". It's not like Slash has a problem playing on a "Tobias" track given the Chinese Democracy songs that are being played night after night.

4 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I like the industrial vibe as well but if Duff/Slash are going to play on it, I imagine they have to adjust the song to their respective tastes/styles. Point being, that song is probably one of the early "Axl" songs that undoubtedly was presented to Slash/Duff/Matt in those late '96 sessions.

If they're going to be playing Axl's solo era songs, why not pick songs that all these guys actually were kicking around in their jam sessions back in the 90's over stuff like "Better" or "Wichita Lineman". It's not like Slash has a problem playing on a "Tobias" track given the Chinese Democracy songs that are being played night after night.

Tobias is a good point. He is still doing some things for the band if the rumours are true. This causes two questions: 1) Is this still the case in 2016/2017 and if yes 2) how does it affect Slash's and Duff's work with the band?

Edited by Sosso

Axl has said in the past that he's not into doing anything that might promote Slash or Duff's solo work in any way and I imagine he probably still feels that way.  e.g why promote VR when we can promote GNR (not that I think anyone is rushing out and buying CD off the back of this tour).  Duff, I can imagine being perfectly happy with this arrangement, I don't think he'd actually care, he seems thrilled just to be back.  Slash...I find it difficult to believe he's ok with that but there he is...going along with it. :shrugs:  And  making a positive difference to the CD songs...he seems to be enjoying it? 

As for Oh My God...can't explain it.  Someone once asked Axl why he hadn't played Riad for years and he said there was no particular reason, he just didn't feel like singing it. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I have no issues with Chinese songs being played at these shows but anyone want to speculate why the band is playing 4-5 songs off that album + covers, yet nothing from Velvet Revolver? Why not Fall to Pieces? That was a song meant for the 1996 guns album. Seems really odd. How about Beggars and Hangers on? Weren't Slash and Duff jamming that song in the Making of Estranged video? Why not dust off "Oh My God" which former member Duff and former employee Matt Sorum had no interest in developing - they could remix that song and turn it into a hard rocker.

Endless possibilities here. Instead the setlist is chock full of random covers. Is it even a question of enjoyment? Like Slash wouldn't like playing Oh My God over bloated stuff like Madagascar?

What if a VR or Slash solo song gets a better reception from the crowd than a CD song? I don't think Axl would react well to that. 

They had Slither on the alt setlist for ages and I bet more people in the crowd know that song better than anything from CD. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, livingthroughleaks said:

I don't care for Prostitute, and generally speaking it didn't go over well with the crowd last night. The girl next to me shouted out, "This fucking sucks," and got up. Quite a few people headed for the bathroom/beer stands during this one. I think Axl sang it fairly well, but 80% of the crowd there didn't know or care about the song.

That's ok ! doing fan service for the 20% is a good thing and bands should do this more....
Everyone expects the hits and the 80% get that and then some...can't really complain ! 

19 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

What if a VR or Slash solo song gets a better reception from the crowd than a CD song? I don't think Axl would react well to that. 

They had Slither on the alt setlist for ages and I bet more people in the crowd know that song better than anything from CD. 

Very good point. It's stuff like this which makes for a legitimate gripe about the live shows. Simple things that could be improved that won't be due to ego/baggage. I really like Prostitute, but undoubtedly more people in the audience would rather hear Slither. If the contention is that Slither is not a GnR song, then why not actually play a song meant for GnR like Fall to Pieces which Axl has a connection to. 

Say what you will about "This I Love" but that song has a real connection to the old band - they all probably demo'ed that one back in the 90's. It makes sense why that one would be on the setlist. 

It appears like Duff and Slash are making an awful lot of compromises while Axl is making few (Coma being on the setlist).

• Like 4

IMHO, Madagascar sounds better overall than Prostitute, but also i think I preferred it on the album anyway so...

Good to see Slash getting right into Madagascar though...

Also, interesting to note that Axl doesn't require a single glance at ye olde teleprompters for either Chinese Democracy track mentioned! ;-D