11/10/17 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center

gunsguy

17 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

It’s harder to find videos now with all the fake links to a live stream. 

Use to you could type in “gnr” “guns roses” “gnr 11/10” then search recently added and you’d get a ton of videos. Now you just get those fake links 

Man those fake livestreams all over Youtube sucks!!! Now I only serch by typing the song´s name bc I can´t deal with those fake channels anymore.

3 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

One of the stream links a page or two back ends with first half of Madagascar. Really strange lack of vids. There were more videos in 2006 when people used to film the whole show. 

Not saying it's a bad thing if there's a trend of people actually watching the show and not their phones but I want these Chinese versions dammit. 

Tell me about it, I'm dying here.  The worst thing about this sudden CD video drought is that it's happened just as Slash has upped his game on them (I have to mention Duff in this context too, he's killing it). Last few weeks Slash has been playing the best he's played the whole tour - on CD songs.  Tako put up a very brief snippet on instagram of last show's Sorry and then proceeded to cut off the end of the first solo - which is the best part! :facepalm:

Meanwhile we have no problem sourcing a Jungle vid every single time, and they all sound the same, no changes in vocal delivery, no changes in band, nothing remarkable.  It's hard being a CD fan. :lol:

16 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

One thing I notice is everyone that goes to a show realizes how much of a Slash show it is. He really shines throughout! 

He’s becoming more Guns N Roses then the rest of the band. I think he should be given all creative control of the name and brand if Axl goes to AC/DC. 

I feel like Slash gets it..he knows what people want from the band. I love Axl, love his lyrics, his music, his performances...but I can’t help but feel he’s held the band back on the creative side. 

Never going to happen but giving Slash more control would be smart for the brand. 

I agree with this.  I've long thought Slash should go back to doing what he used to: running the band.  Slash should be manager of GNR, working in consultation with others of course.  Most people disagree with me and think that's a crazy idea but I don't think so.  Just because GNR is now a company as opposed to a band, doesn't mean Slash wouldn't know what to do and how to do it.  He's got a heck of a lot more 'in the field' experience than Axl.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

One thing I notice is everyone that goes to a show realizes how much of a Slash show it is. He really shines throughout! 

He’s becoming more Guns N Roses then the rest of the band. I think he should be given all creative control of the name and brand if Axl goes to AC/DC. 

I feel like Slash gets it..he knows what people want from the band. I love Axl, love his lyrics, his music, his performances...but I can’t help but feel he’s held the band back on the creative side. 

Never going to happen but giving Slash more control would be smart for the brand. 

The shows are set for him to shine, I don’t  know if this is part of the deal but the fact is that the big star of this tour, without a doubt, is Slash. The whole band plays for him, even Axl. SCOM is no longer just another setlist song, it has become a part of his solo that begins when Axl introduces him and ends with that leap in front of Frank's drums. No doubt the big headline of this tour is his return to the band..And he didn’t disappoint us! :headbang:

Prostitute 

Edited by Derick
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Thank you for posting this @Derick! I'd give you a dolphin if I had one! 

Listen to how he holds that end note on the first solo.  And that high note at the beginning of the second solo is sheer perfection, a real banshee howl that one...the flurry of notes in the middle and then the long, low finish into the piano...wonderful. 

• GNFNR 1

9 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

No TWAT....Prostitute instead...I saw Sorry on a Periscope but I'm sure it'll appear ...if not, I'll find that stream for you...
Just understated beauty !

Yes please! I'm desperate to hear last night's Sorry.  Well, any of the CD tracks, but Sorry especially.  He's been tweaking the solo of late.  

4 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

It’s harder to find videos now with all the fake links to a live stream. 

Use to you could type in “gnr” “guns roses” “gnr 11/10” then search recently added and you’d get a ton of videos. Now you just get those fake links 

Oh fuck aye ! Those stream links piss me the fuck off ! They dominate 3,4 etc pages in recently added, before u get to anything decent !! Why hasn't Google Tube sorted that problem of SPAM !