What made you smile today?

Eric Cantona

Very surprisingly it was the news that made me smile.  Seriously i just heard this newscast:

- Where to sell legal weed?

- Defending women's right to be topless at pubic pool

- Minimum wage going up

- Hydro rates going way down

- Value of currency raising

- Safe injection sites arriving

- Bring your own naloxone (IV opiate overdose antidote) to music festival

- Inuit community wins in Supreme Court decision to defend land and water from dangerous testing for mining operation

- Rain every other day, just like the garden wants

I'm in a bubble where its not the end of days apparently!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I've been texting with this girl for about a week now. We're comfortable enough with each other to just bullshit for hours. I can tell she's interested too. I'll probably end up asking her out by the end of the week

You should take her to the GnR show with you dude. Do you have room in your car? Buy the cheapest ticket you can get for her and then just find some place to hang out together in there... 

39 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

You should take her to the GnR show with you dude. Do you have room in your car? Buy the cheapest ticket you can get for her and then just find some place to hang out together in there... 

I wish. We agree on almost everything except for music haha. She's a country fan :vomit:

11 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I wish. We agree on almost everything except for music haha. She's a country fan :vomit:

Well now is your chance to show her something different. Did you ask her? I'd be shocked if a girl your age (aren't you like 19?) turned down a trip like that if she liked you...

8 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Well now is your chance to show her something different. Did you ask her? I'd be shocked if a girl your age (aren't you like 19?) turned down a trip like that if she liked you...

I'm 19 yeah. There's just a couple problems- 1. I showed her some of GN'Rs popular stuff and deep cuts(NR and Jungle, 14 Years and Nightrain) and she was kind of meh with all except NR. I don't wanna drag her to a show if she only likes one song. 

2. I can't afford any more people. I was barely able to afford this trip for myself. Maybe I'll take her to Elton John when I go next month. She likes a lot of his stuff

• Like 1

On 7/25/2017 at 6:04 PM, BlueJean Baby said:

Watching my dog barking and running in his sleep. :rofl-lol:

my dog wags his tail sometimes when he's dreaming...so cute!

what made me smile was i made a new friend yesterday and still smiling today. we were both waiting to get our blood work done and she just started chatting. her name is Florentina, she's from Romania and really cool. we had so much in common! we have a lunch date for next week, i'm excited :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

what made me smile was i made a new friend yesterday and still smiling today. we were both waiting to get our blood work done and she just started chatting. her name is Florentina, she's from Romania and really cool. we had so much in common! we have a lunch date for next week, i'm excited :) 

Thats pretty awesome!  Wish I had social graces.  Hope you have a fun lunch!

2 hours ago, soon said:

Thats pretty awesome!  Wish I had social graces.  Hope you have a fun lunch!

usually i can handle a little chit chat but with her it was amazing! her from Romania and me from Texas both ending up in Reno but with so much in common. the clincher was when we were talking about singers ( she isn't into GN'R but that's ok ) and i said i love Adam Lambert and she starting singing Whadda Ya Want From ( one of his songs! ) 

thanks, next week when we go we shall see :D

• Like 1

So many things, but right now the revelation that I am home alone and can cook "forbidden food", like roasted duck breasts. My mouth is watering. And now I smile because I randomly picked a 93 points Cabernet Sauvignon that I hope will go nicely with the duck. Vegetables? Nah, I exchanged them for a second breast. Now I smile even more.

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

So many things, but right now the revelation that I am home alone and can cook "forbidden food", like roasted duck breasts. My mouth is watering. And now I smile because I randomly picked a 93 points Cabernet Sauvignon that I hope will go nicely with the duck. Vegetables? Nah, I exchanged them for a second breast. Now I smile even more.

Correction: Potatoes are vegetables. I peel them and boil them for about half the time it takes to have they cooked. Then I fry them in the duck fat leftover from frying the duck breasts. At strong heat first with plenty of salt, so the potatoes form a crust, then at lower temp to get the insides slightly mushy.

5 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

For ketchup:lol:

hahahaha!  

These ones are indeed "ketchup tomatoes" meaning they look weird.  And I do in fact make my own ketchup from my garden.  But Its too early so theres too few to do ketchup. Still eating ketchup from last years harvest, luckily.  These will be marinara.

In my defence, I follow a Heinz clone recipe :lol:

Edited by soon
  • Like 1