What made you smile today?

Eric Cantona

5 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

There are many days I fear what lies in store for me. But hearing this story has renewed my excitement. So cute! 

Kids can be so funny. I remember when my son was about 2, he started crawling out of his crib on his own. He was asleep and I got in the shower before work. I had the bathroom door closed, but when I stepped out of the shower, he was standing there staring up at me as I scrambled to cover myself with the towel. Out of his mouth comes "is that a boobie" :rofl-lol:

I said yes....then he says "well what's the other one?" :rofl-lol:

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Kids can be so funny. I remember when my son was about 2, he started crawling out of his crib on his own. He was asleep and I got in the shower before work. I had the bathroom door closed, but when I stepped out of the shower, he was standing there staring up at me as I scrambled to cover myself with the towel. Out of his mouth comes "is that a boobie" :rofl-lol:

I said yes....then he says "well what's the other one?" :rofl-lol:

should have told them they were boobie 1 and boobie 2 :P

13 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

very nice! have a wonderful time ( still want pics, like selfies :P ) j/k unless you want to.

so i have been wondering...how do the British feel about our fourth of July? :)

I'm practicing my aerial view miserable looking trout pout as I speak.

It is a day in a month! There is a statue of George Washington somewhere in London because he was seen as a sort of heir to the British whiggish tradition (e.g. Magna Carta, Reformation Parliament, Revolutionary Settlement of 1689, etc etc).

• Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I'm practicing my aerial view miserable looking trout pout as I speak.

It is a day in a month! There is a statue of George Washington somewhere in London because he was seen as a sort of heir to the British whiggish tradition (e.g. Magna Carta, Reformation Parliament, Revolutionary Settlement of 1689, etc etc).

true! very good point. i need to google that statue, i'd love to see it :)

LOL i am going to use that aerial view miserable trout pout though :D 

Just now, soon said:

A few nibbles, nothing hooked. You fish?

Not that much anymore, but when I lived in upstate NY I fished the hell out the Adirondacks for trout. Went at least once a week April thru Oct. I miss it so much. Hiking up a mountainstream for miles til you find just the right spot. Here it's not the same. I'll go once in a while here if someone with a boat asks me to go. Bank fishing sucks balls here. They got some massive catfish though. It'd be fun to hook up one of those, but I never have.

You're in Ontario, right? What were you after? Creek, pond or lake?

21 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Not that much anymore, but when I lived in upstate NY I fished the hell out the Adirondacks for trout. Went at least once a week April thru Oct. I miss it so much. Hiking up a mountainstream for miles til you find just the right spot. Here it's not the same. I'll go once in a while here if someone with a boat asks me to go. Bank fishing sucks balls here. They got some massive catfish though. It'd be fun to hook up one of those, but I never have.

You're in Ontario, right? What were you after? Creek, pond or lake?

I hope you get a nice big cat fish this summer!  Sorry to hear its not as good there as NY.  That sounds real nice hiking up the mountains.

I am in Ontario.  Fishing where two rivers meet.  I rushed to learn as much as possible before this 'no licence needed' week.  I believe there are bass, walleye, crappie and pan fish.  Probably others.  I used the rubber worm with a tail bait that came in my beginner kit that said its good for "bass and many others"

Im sure there were any number of missteps I was making, but none of the near by fishers seemed to think I stood out or was making mistakes, at least.  I didn't see any one reel anything in.  Id love to learn how to catch fish I can eat, and even though the govt says fish are safe to eat there, no one agrees so I will likely go else where for keepers.  Because I already know I will definitely be getting my licence, I had a blast!

3 minutes ago, soon said:

I hope you get a nice big cat fish this summer!  Sorry to hear its not as good there as NY.  That sounds real nice hiking up the mountains.

I am in Ontario.  Fishing where two rivers meet.  I rushed to learn as much as possible before this 'no licence needed' week.  I believe there are bass, walleye, crappie and pan fish.  Probably others.  I used the rubber worm with a tail bait that came in my beginner kit that said its good for "bass and many others"

Im sure there were any number of missteps I was making, but none of the near by fishers seemed to think I stood out or was making mistakes, at least.  I didn't see any one reel anything in.  Id love to learn how to catch fish I can eat, and even though the govt says fish are safe to eat there, no one agrees so I will likely go else where for keepers.  Because I already know I will definitely be getting my licence, I had a blast!

My best advice is scrap that rubber worm and get some nightcrawlers. Nothing better than the real thing, and most fish up there will always love worms, so there's a lot of wiggle room, if you will... :facepalm: If the current is slow, throw a bobber on your line and adjust it to a foot or so from the depth you think the water is. Also check out what other people are using- it's the oldest trick in any book, especially if they're catching something. A worm on a hook you can never go wrong. But above all, just enjoy being out and seeing some birds and the water and what not. Some of my favorite times out, I never even had a nibble... good luck.

15 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

My best advice is scrap that rubber worm and get some nightcrawlers. Nothing better than the real thing, and most fish up there will always love worms, so there's a lot of wiggle room, if you will... :facepalm: If the current is slow, throw a bobber on your line and adjust it to a foot or so from the depth you think the water is. Also check out what other people are using- it's the oldest trick in any book, especially if they're catching something. A worm on a hook you can never go wrong. But above all, just enjoy being out and seeing some birds and the water and what not. Some of my favorite times out, I never even had a nibble... good luck.

hahaha; wiggle room!  Thats no face-palmer!

really appreciate the tips.  Will switch to worms.  Vemi composter should start producing excess worms eventually so that'll be handy.  

Thanks man!

• Like 1

I was walking along sipping coke zero and rounded this corner and there was this woman with her shorts down kind of rubbing her ass. I'm not sure if she was taking a shit or what but I looked away. I still have this Lynchian image of this sort of stain on her lower back. It was like soot. It made me smile to think some people still don't give a fuck. 

• Like 1

So I sort of tried the online dating thing. Today, after three days of doing the online thing, I started talking to this girl. We texted from 2:45 PM yesterday until 2:00 AM this morning. I smiled several times over those 12 hours and now we're Facebook friends. Updates as they occur!

Edit: She unfriended and blocked me out of nowhere and won't tell me why.

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a fox tonight, right in the our resaidential area. I like foxes, so I was kind of pleased, but on the other hand I'm worried. We're taking away more and more of their habitation, we just shouldn't do that. It's just wrong, it's not our world, it's every creature's world. Makes me sad, too...

Edited by Zurimor
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Zurimor said:

I saw a fox tonight, right in the our resaidential area. I like foxes, so I was kind of pleased, but on the other hand I'm worried. We're taking away more and more of their habitation, we just shouldn't do that. It's just wrong, it's not our world, it's every creature's world. Makes me sad, too...

awwww that is sad. last fox i saw was in the lot next to our house they were building on. foxes are so adorable ( and redheads :P )

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

awwww that is sad. last fox i saw was in the lot next to our house they were building on. foxes are so adorable ( and redheads :P )

And cute, don't forget cute. Did you ever see young foxes play? Pure joy of life. :)

• Like 2