Apollo Show - Izzy & Steven Not Playing - Argue About It HERE

3 minutes ago, Rickodez said:

This is just a ''no'', not a ''no, they will not be there'', she was convenient and smartly vague, GnR fans really like to overreact everything. For me, she just said the hashtags didn't mean anything special, she didn't confirmed, neither unconfirmed anything.

Good point. Not getting my hopes up but, this is an argument I actually like. If you think abut it, they never advertised Steven Axl has basially said "Izzy does what Izzy does, you never know" so, I don't thnk they would ever advertise to the two because theyre the two without an ironclad contract that could fall off. Who knows..

5 minutes ago, Rickodez said:

This is just a ''no'', not a ''no, they will not be there'', she was convenient and smartly vague, GnR fans really like to overreact everything. For me, she just said the hashtags didn't mean anything special, she didn't confirmed, neither unconfirmed anything.

Meegan also confirmed twice that they aren't there.

I want to have some hope but I just don't see it happening. Not tonight anyway.

18 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is because Gilby and Matt sounded 100 times better than Frank and Fortus.. If Fortus and Frank didn't suck I don't think it would be as big of an issue for some.. I know that is teh case for me anyway.. Besides all this talk is about an Appetite 30th anniversary show which brings another whole angle to it..

fortus does not suck frank on the other hand a mentally ill paraplegic can play better 

6 minutes ago, slash was buckethead said:

fortus does not suck frank on the other hand a mentally ill paraplegic can play better 

I am sure Fortus is a great guitarist but I don't think his style fits this band. He is fine on some songs and other snot so much.. I hate his leads too.. He just sounds like any other generic session player. If I got to pick one to go it would obviously be Frank though. 

27 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am sure Fortus is a great guitarist but I don't think his style fits this band. He is fine on some songs and other snot so much.. I hate his leads too.. He just sounds like any other generic session player. If I got to pick one to go it would obviously be Frank though. 

Re: Fortus - that's the big thing. It's like a sport team and I'll use football (soccer) as an example. I would rather two strikers playing alongside each other who fit together, who work well as a partnership. Don't just take two, supposedly, great players and chuck them together hoping for magic or because it looks good on paper. If they don't blend then sure, they'll still net goals because they have skills, but it doesn't come together as it should. A star team, not a team of stars. Chemistry cannot be manufactured and Slash and Izzy have natural chemistry.

Edited by Juventino
I can't bloody spell it seems
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

We really all need more likes :P 

3 out of 12, not by Izzy. Game, set, match. So 75% of the most iconic debut rock album of all time, wouldn't exist without aa guy left out of this cash grab.

Well, can't argue facts

Here's a question nobody seems to be able to answer - why should Izzy be able to sell his share in the band, and be paid a large sum of money for it, and then down the line, be entitled to a large sum of money as if he still owns it? 

• Like 1

And what's most frustrating of all about the situation (forget loot and who did what in the past for a minute because if it were all about who abandoned who and this guy wanted to leave Velvet Revolver and that guy is a cancer then 3/5 wouldn't be back playing in 2016-17) is that all five guys are alive and, relatively, healthy. They can all play. If it were a case of one being dead when this date came along the situation would be different.

While they've all had their issues you have five guys who can come together to celebrate such an occasion. Ideally they'd be together for the entire tour. But at least this night you would hope the bullshit could subside and a legendary album and a legendary quintet could be honoured. Because it's clear they can work something out as Adler last year showed. Leave egos at the door.

After their years of hard living they had no bloody right to all still be alive! Yet here they are and two guys are twiddling their thumbs, barring a massive surprise, because of bullshit.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Juventino said:

And what's most frustrating of all about the situation (forget loot and who did what in the past for a minute because if it were all about who abandoned who and this guy wanted to leave Velvet Revolver and that guy is a cancer then 3/5 wouldn't be back playing in 2016-17) is that all five guys are alive and, relatively, healthy. They can all play. If it were a case of one being dead when this date came along the situation would be different.

While they've all had their issues you have five guys who can come together to celebrate such an occasion. Ideally they'd be together for the entire tour. But at least this night you would hope the bullshit could subside and a legendary album and a legendary quintet could be honoured. Because it's clear they can work something out as Adler last year showed. Leave egos at the door.

After their years of hard living they had no bloody right to all still be alive! Yet here they are and two guys are twiddling their thumbs, barring a massive surprise, because of bullshit.

How is it bullshit? Izzy isn't entitled to "equal loot" and apparently doesn't want to be involved if he doesn't get it and Alder's Alder. 

9 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Here's a question nobody seems to be able to answer - why should Izzy be able to sell his share in the band, and be paid a large sum of money for it, and then down the line, be entitled to a large sum of money as if he still owns it? 

How about the same answer, that I've given over and over, that people like you just happen to ignore:

- Can you really blame him for selling his share? He had to get out of it for too many reasons. 1 was the lawsuits with his name and likeness attached to it, which is a good enough reason alone. But the fact was, he had to quit for survival. Izzy was sober, Slash, Duff, Matt, and Dizzy weren't. He couldn't hang around them between/before shows, it could have triggered him and he might not be alive today. And his only boy in his corner, good uncle billy bailey, was too busy being 3 hours late to that show. But I'd bet you can forgive Axl for that right?

- Slash and Duff are getting a large sum and they quit on Axl too, if you think about it. But, they're important enough to get paid their share. Izzy is just as important.

- This is a REUNION. Once the band acknowledged that, all bets were off. It was a clean slate for Axl, Slash and Duff. It should have been the same for Izzy.

- Not going to go into huge details but, feel free to read a few osts before mine for @kris post. 9 out of 12 tracks from Appetite, wouldn't have existd without any bit from very little to very large contribution of writing, choreographing, and creating the music we've come to know and love. He had just as significant of an influence on lies and the illusions records, aka , the GNR that the fans care about. And don't even think about discussing Chinese Democracy because I bought that album the day it came out, I love the album, and forever will. But that's an Axl Era GNR, this is different.

I could go on and on but the reality is, Izzy should be in this band and it's bullshit that he isn't.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Juventino said:

Life is just too short. Chris Cornell is dead. Chester Bennington died today and those are the two most recent, out of many, many, many big name musicians weve lost over the last 3-4 years. Just as you've said, it's a miracle all 5 are alive today and still playing well. And we can't get all 5 on stage for one freaking song because the selfish rich can't sacrifice a few pennies to give the fans what they want, and complete what they started for themselves.

Give me a break.

• Like 4

Just now, Billsfan said:

How about the same answer, that I've given over and over, that people like you just happen to ignore:

- Can you really blame him for selling his share? He had to get out of it for too many reasons. 1 was the lawsuits with his name and likeness attached to it, which is a good enough reason alone. But the fact was, he had to quit for survival. Izzy was sober, Slash, Duff, Matt, and Dizzy weren't. He couldn't hang around them between/before shows, it could have triggered him and he might not be alive today. And his only boy in his corner, good uncle billy bailey, was too busy being 3 hours late to that show. But I'd bet you can forgive Axl for that right?

- Slash and Duff are getting a large sum and they quit on Axl too, if you think about it. But, they're important enough to get paid their share. Izzy is just as important.

- This is a REUNION. Once the band acknowledged that, all bets were off. It was a clean slate for Axl, Slash and Duff. It should have been the same for Izzy.

- Not going to go into huge details but, feel free to read a few osts before mine for @kris post. 9 out of 12 tracks from Appetite, wouldn't have existd without any bit from very little to very large contribution of writing, choreographing, and creating the music we've come to know and love. He had just as significant of an influence on lies and the illusions records, aka , the GNR that the fans care about. And don't even think about discussing Chinese Democracy because I bought that album the day it came out, I love the album, and forever will. But that's an Axl Era GNR, this is different.

I could go on and on but the reality is, Izzy should be in this band and it's bullshit that he isn't.

1) It doesn't matter why he wanted out. At all. He wanted out, he wanted to be bought out, and he was. 

2) Slash and Duff left the band but didn't sell their stake in it to Axl. That's the key to this whole thing that people like you just refuse to acknowledge.  

3) And Izzy was asked to be part of the REUNION. He wouldn't do it unless he got "equal loot" that he's not entitled to. 

4) Izzy's paid royalties for his song writing on Appetite. Nobody's denied him that. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Juventino said:

this is guns we are talking about they have egos bigger than the empire state building......they couldn't get together for the HOF 

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

1) It doesn't matter why he wanted out. At all. He wanted out, he wanted to be bought out, and he was. 

2) Slash and Duff left the band but didn't sell their stake in it to Axl. That's the key to this whole thing that people like you just refuse to acknowledge.  

3) And Izzy was asked to be part of the REUNION. He wouldn't do it unless he got "equal loot" that he's not entitled to. 

4) Izzy's paid royalties for his song writing on Appetite. Nobody's denied him that. 

1- Put yourself in his shoes and think without bias. What would you have done? Or even, have you ever met anyone with a serious drug addiction? Maybe you can't answer that...? Idk, I think leaving those guys was the right call at that time since he's still alive, and sober.

2 - I do acknowledge that. The ignorant just choose not to deal with what I'm trying to prove. Just because they chose a different route, doesn't make them smarter or dumber than Izzy really. Maybe in retrospect that was the smarter thing to do, maybe Izzy knew that, maybe he didn't. Maybe survival was too important t care. Ever consider that little nugget? BTW, in retrospect, it was probably dumb of Slash and Duff to sell the rights to the use of the name Guns N Roses to Axl. Everybody makes mistakes. Clean Slate.

3 - Izzy was asked to make guest appearances. Izzy doesn't want to make guest appearances, Izzy wants to be in this 100%. He's not dumb enough to ask for an "equal loot" then show up whenever the hell he wants. "Hey Slash, Duff, Axl. I want the same pay you're getting for the Houston show. 4 ways. Is that cool? Great! I'll let you know then if and when I feel like showing up". Come on, Izzy would be out of his mind to think that way. :facepalm:

4 - And no one's going to. Moot point.

In Conclusion: Izzy should be involved. I do like Richard, but his involvement, or lacktherof, should have been decided based on what Izzy wanted to do FIRST.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

How is it bullshit? Izzy isn't entitled to "equal loot" and apparently doesn't want to be involved if he doesn't get it and Alder's Alder. 

The whole situation is bullshit. Whoever is in the right and wrong. I'm not looking at it from a business perspective and maybe that's my fault. I'm simply a fan who wants to see the five guys who created history share the same stage again for the first time in more than a quarter of a century. Even if, for the very least, it is one night.

Just now, Billsfan said:

1- Put yourself in his shoes and think without bias. What would you have done? Or even, have you ever met anyone with a serious drug addiction? Maybe you can't answer that...? Idk, I think leaving those guys was the right call at that time since he's still alive, and sober.

2 - I do acknowledge that. The ignorant just choose not to deal with what I'm trying to prove. Just because they chose a different route, doesn't make them smarter or dumber than Izzy really. Maybe in retrospect that was the smarter thing to do, maybe Izzy knew that, maybe he didn't. Maybe survival was too important t care. Ever consider that little nugget? BTW, in retrospect, it was probably dumb of Slash and Duff to sell the rights to the use of the name Guns N Roses to Axl. Everybody makes mistakes. Clean Slate.

3 - Izzy was asked to make guest appearances. Izzy doesn't want to make guest appearances, Izzy wants to be in this 100%. He's not dumb enough to ask for an "equal loot" then show up whenever the hell he wants. "Hey Slash, Duff, Axl. I want the same pay you're getting for the Houston show. 4 ways. Is that cool? Great! I'll let you know then if and when I feel like showing up". Come on, Izzy would be out of his mind to think that way. :facepalm:

4 - And no one's going to. Moot point.

In Conclusion: Izzy should be involved. I do like Richard, but his involvement, or lacktherof, should have been decided based on what Izzy wanted to do FIRST.

1) I don't disagree with his reasons for leaving. I get it, and good for him. But the way he went about leaving the band was to request a buyout settlement. It doesn't matter why he wanted to be bought out, what matters is that he was bought out. 

2) You're putting too much thought into. When Izzy wanted out he wanted out all together. He wanted to wash his hands of GNR all together. Slash and Duff didn't, and they found against and with Axl in court numerous times over the years managing the brand. Now that they're going to get a big pay day for that work, Izzy wants the same pay day, having done none of the work. 

3) I don't think there's anything about Izzy's history since 1990 to suggest he'd be all in for a tour this big, and this long. I don't know for a fact he isn't, but it'd be uncharacteristic. Maybe he'd be willing to do it if it was "equal loot" but it's not, and it shouldn't be, so he won't.

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

How can any Guns N' Roses fan "hate" Izzy? So perplexing...

2 hours ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Not sure how you can hate Izzy when your a GN'R fan? It's like saying you don't like chocolate whilst your stuffing your face with a Snickers. 

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

"I hate Izzy" this forum never ceases to surprise me. 

1 hour ago, bucketfoot said:

What a truly weird thing to say. :lol:

why everyone can hate other GNR members ("""NuGNR""") but I can't dislike Izzy? just because he was on the classic line up? 

1 minute ago, cqleonardo said:

why everyone can hate other GNR members ("""NuGNR""") but I can't dislike Izzy? just because he was on the classic line up? 

Without Izzy you probably wouldn't be listening to Guns N' Roses. Without a NuGNR member you would be listening to replacement #273556 in the band Izzy helped get off the ground.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

Fuck Izzy! Wrote some songs a quarter of a century ago and think  he can dictate to the band for more money. Wasn't in it for the fans and never will be.

"but he wrote the songs"

25 years later it doesn't wash with me, he left the band several times and thinks he deserves equal pay to Axl.

Please share the link that showed Izzy saying he wanted the same pay as Axl. Thanks in advance. 

A show to celebrate an album's anniversary should have all the members there. I realize Axl and TB don't do things the rational or common sense way. But this no-brainer. Izzy and Adler have to be there in some capacity. 

Melissa is going to be in on the 30th anniversary special concert....but not Izzy? That's just laughable. 

Surely those two band members, who helped create Appetite, have been invited to the celebration. 

1 minute ago, Juventino said:

Without Izzy you probably wouldn't be listening to Guns N' Roses. Without a NuGNR member you would be listening to replacement #273556 in the band Izzy helped get off the ground.

and I don't care about that... I LOVE Kiss, maybe even more than GNR but I can't stand Peter Criss, in everything, but he was classic member... Still hate the guy